• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Votes: 159 42.0%
  • Got A Light?

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Shep Shep Is Gonna Ship Ship?

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Good Game, Player!

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Those Dogs Was Fuckin'

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • It's A Lockdown, Baby

Votes: 175 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
it helps that I can mainline a yakuza game and still feel pretty good about myself as long as I stop in for side stories now and again

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
"I believe it is called Romania, my lady. It only grows in California, and this is your first visit to its shores."

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I'm late on this but when I played ME2 a bunch of people died in the suicide mission and well, I just played ME3 without them. The whole choices/consequences is part of the game.

I get why they would do this but I think it's against the spirit of the game.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I lost like 4 people but it was pretty easy to move on since Thane was the only dead one I actually gave a damn about.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I think the way BioWare dealt with the deaths was kinda lame (it seemed they just swapped them with new characters that played the same role in the storyline when needed) but still, characters die and the impact is lessened if you just save scum. In a game that's so much about the consequence of your choices it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

another thing, this Super Mario Breaking Brad has been amazing. I think it's my favorite thing on the website right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Brad literally got the most basic attacks and the first tutorial text in FF7R wrong lol
Holding down the button is a different attack...

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The 2nd reactor isn't a new thing... and shoulder bolts were in early concept images, the unfinished was good though.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
I lost one ME2 companion, I felt the logic was kind of bullshit (I hadn't min/maxed renegade or paragon so when Jack came on to me and I turned her down she stayed pissed) but played 3 with them gone. I do think it's better to have difficult to predict reasons for people to die than have it be very obvious, and players should live with what happens.

Sep 12, 2018
ER53eS1XkAYPKLg

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff acting like the bolts on Cloud's shoulder are new was weird

Then Brad getting the combat wrong

Classic Giant Bomb

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Jeff acting like the bolts on Cloud's shoulder are new was weird

Then Brad getting the combat wrong

Classic Giant Bomb

Nah the worst part is Brad thinking the second bombing mission didn't exist in the original and that's how they're padding out this game. I understand the concerns of padding but yeah you gotta be accurate about this stuff.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
Nah the worst part is Brad thinking the second bombing mission didn't exist in the original and that's how they're padding out this game. I understand the concerns of padding but yeah you gotta be accurate about this stuff.

Can kinda forgive that as it was so long ago but at the same time if he is using it as a criticism he could have double checked before implying they are padding this out with reused environments.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
That unfinished sure sound like a big yikes...

But then again, both Jeff and Brad have been on the record in the past about not liking FF7 so obviously they're the ones doing that unfinished... 🙄

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The knives were out a bit at the start of it but Jeff seemed a bit more convinced by the end of the unfinished.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Yeah I'm not even bothering watching that unfinished. You can basically write a script for Brad and Jeff stuff these days. Jeff writes shit off arbitrarily because he's decided he's too cool for it, Brad fucks up basic fundamentals and misremembers things, blah blah. They need to come up with a new bit.

Superbagman

Nov 3, 2017
I'll play it, I'm sure, but I can't help but be disappointed that they didn't really remake FF7. I know that style of JRPG has fallen out of favor or whatever but I don't know

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Yeah I'm not even bothering watching that unfinished. You can basically write a script for Brad and Jeff stuff these days. Jeff writes shit off arbitrarily because he's decided he's too cool for it, Brad fucks up basic fundamentals and misremembers things, blah blah. They need to come up with a new bit.

I just make sure I skip any of these kinds of videos.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
But then again, both Jeff and Brad have been on the record in the past about not liking FF7 so obviously they're the ones doing that unfinished...

Do they have someone on staff that did like FF7 or even play FF7? Seems everyone always talks about how they never got into it/played it whenever it comes up.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the staff is either too old or too young for prime original FF7 hype. That game was gigantic when I was a teen, I don't think we even knew the Final Fantasy franchise before that it. They usually talk about it like "one of those", same just happened on 8-4 where they are also a bit older, kinda interesting.

I would subscribe to Barret's youtube channel

vc6H6gU.jpg
They totally thought about who they should match with which social media platform, didn't they?

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, I was 15 when I played Vii and it hit hard. Was the first JRPG I had played.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
It's ironic that everyone here is saying Brad and Jeff are so dismissive of FFVII and are using that as a reason to dismiss watching the Unfinished themselves. Brad is pretty positive on it and by the end even Jeff is interested in the game

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
valorant looks like it could be neat but on my sliding scale of

(goofy, approachable, easy for anyone to pick up and play at varying levels)——1*———————2*———————3*——(serious, communication required, high mechanical skill required)
1 = games like splatoon
2 = games like tf2 and overwatch
3 = games like csgo and siege (perceived)

I feel it's gonna be too far on the right for my tastes

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Brad is still bitter over square shoving nintendo in the dirt and releasing ffvii on sony's (who?? the walkman people???) console

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Watching the Unfinished for FFVIIR and there are two options which would be totally fine:

1. GB gets someone who has at least some knowledge about RPGs
  2. GB stops covering RPGs altogether

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
Played through the FFVIIR demo twice and it's the most excited i've been about modern Final Fantasy. To me, it seems like the combat is finally the right mix of turn-based and real-time Square has been chasing for awhile now. I can see complaints with it though, there's no reason the Scorpion boss fight needs to be that long.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Boooo.... I don't have a spare Retail PS4 at work that I can setup to play the demo during my lunch break... OH well, will have to wait until tonight

Sep 12, 2018
I've been seeing tweets of people not being super into the demo but not really explaining why. What's the issue? Is the combat bad? The movement feels unpolished? What's wrong
The combat really feels like a slog to me so far and a lot less intuitive than just picking commands from a menu and I can't put my finger on why but the game kinda lacks atmosphere for me. It just feels barren.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Having never played a FF game...is this the game to fill my Spring 2020 void? I can do with JRPG's. THe QL shows a stupid/fun story...graphics on point. Not to sure on the gameplay