• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Votes: 159 42.0%
  • Got A Light?

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Shep Shep Is Gonna Ship Ship?

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Good Game, Player!

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Those Dogs Was Fuckin'

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • It's A Lockdown, Baby

Votes: 175 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 25, 2017
I have bad sleep patterns and play music in my house all night sometimes so I'll have these really terrible nightmare scenarios I basically just wake up in different parts of my house with like awful sounds I can't recognize coming out of my speakers.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
I've been playing the rat game on game pass and it's pretty decent, feels like I'm near the end.

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
I got access to streaming Dragon Ball Super now, but would love to watch it through with the GB gang... But I think the odds are pretty slim that will ever happen...

My one question is: Do I need to watch DB GT? Or can I go straight into Super? I've heard GT is bad, and would prefer not to watch bad anime.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
New games, new consoles, anything at all. It feels so uneventful lately. That Warzone leak was exciting until we all realized it's likely not coming until March, but who knows maybe we'll be surprised.
Eh, that's what happens when like 5 major releases all get delayed out of the quarter. Explains the no new games talk plus I could see the new console stuff planned for after everything in Feburary was supposed to release and now it's too late to move things up

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
having basically only seen the end of GT and no Super (and not watched Cell Games onward for that matter, just read)...

up to you, people seem mixed on both, GT isn't canon but may be interesting to see if your are curious about what they decided to do when able to do original material

Oct 25, 2017
I got access to streaming Dragon Ball Super now, but would love to watch it through with the GB gang... But I think the odds are pretty slim that will ever happen...

My one question is: Do I need to watch DB GT? Or can I go straight into Super? I've heard GT is bad, and would prefer not to watch bad anime.
Dragon Ball fans like most anime people are bad individuals with bad opinions about things that's why they refuse to admit GT is the superior sequel show, however if you look at the time periods Super is set well before GT so, no, you do not need to watch GT

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
It really annoys me that the Switch version of FFX HD is not only more expensive than the PC version but doesn't even have all the features that the PC one does... It's super dumb!

I would love to be able to play it in bed every night.

Oct 25, 2017
The universe 6 saiyans have terrible designs, character arcs, and are just generally awful.

We need more women characters in series who can mix it up and won't just be immediately shelved that aren't also characters we already have but worse

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super is generally pretty bad but I think the Goku Black arc is as good (and mostly better) as anything in DBZ. Yeah, I'll go there.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Don't need to watch GT. Super takes place directly after the end of the Majin Boo story. GT is much later.

Oct 25, 2017
Super is generally pretty bad but I think the Goku Black arc is as good (and mostly better) as anything in DBZ. Yeah, I'll go there.
imma be real here anyone who fights you on that is crazy. The only thing I could see arguing is better than the whole Black arc is maybe the Cell Saga, maybe.

Trunks is actually the best Dragon Ball Z character and he should have gotten more big ups, need more Trunks.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I think he's taking a week off cause his kid is getting a cast on her leg and he wants to be there?
Ya he said on Friday that he was off for the whole week because of that.

As a kid who had to weird wierd boots with a metal bar between them every night for a while as a kid... It really sucks (not the exact same thing either) but it's worth it in the long run.

Oct 25, 2017
This feels really good, thanks Karspankey
aP1Mhfq.png

I completely forgot about the Idle thing

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cell sucked the moment he stopped being a creepy slasher villain.
I BEEN saying this! Totally agree. The start of the Cell saga is pretty great right up until he eats the androids. Like how the Frieza saga is great right up until Frieza starts fighting Goku. And the Buu saga is pretty great until Majin Buu becomes evil. I'm sensing a pattern.

Oct 25, 2017
The history of DBZ is interesting plot set-ups ruined by an inevitable shift back to the baseline of punching shit hard, and then punching it even harder solving every problem. Hell the Goku Black arc is really the only one that managed to at least swerve that.

It's why og Dragonball is probably still the best.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The history of DBZ is interesting plot set-ups ruined by an inevitable shift back to the baseline of punching shit hard, and then punching it even harder solving every problem. Hell the Goku Black arc is really the only one that managed to at least swerve that.

It's why og Dragonball is probably still the best.
The Zeno ex machina ending is the biggest blemish on the goku black arc tho imo. Trunks deserved the W. It's like, the only big moment in Super where someone other than Goku gets to win, only to be immediately undercut. I watched a two hour cut of the Black arc on youtube, which works surprisingly well structurally despite some obviously jarring cuts, but the best decision it made is to cut out that ending. It just ends as if Trunks kills Zamasu and it feels totally natural given the themes of the character and arc up to that point.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Am late catching up to the beastcast, are there not that many toilets with an occupied/not occupied thing in the US, or is it just their weird building?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Am late catching up to the beastcast, are there not that many toilets with an occupied/not occupied thing in the US, or is it just their weird building?
The only place I know where we have that sign on the door (outside of trains and planes) in Canada is for the private shower rooms in my office... Never seen it on a public toilet.

May 5, 2018
Wow, no one is playing Dreams. Jeff might have played it over the weekend and he's not here. Also I think Vinny is doing the Dreams quick look? I keep seeing Vinny emojis in the chat regarding Dreams so that might mean he's playing it.

Oct 25, 2017
GT is trash and there are better things to waste your time with than that shit.

Super is weird since it supposedly happens before that end of Z episode (if he sticks with it at least)

Also good luck to Jeff

Boya

Jan 1, 2018
Dragon Ball sucks when the writers ignore the fact that Goku and Vegeta's character arcs are resolved three times over and keep focusing on them to sell merch.
And when people make reductive memes about the supporting cast as if it those jokes didn't get old 15+ years ago.

Super has the luxury of featuring both.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The only place I know where we have that sign on the door (outside of trains and planes) in Canada is for the private shower rooms in my office... Never seen it on a public toilet.
Weird.

In all the places I have worked in that have a single toilet, there are those signs. And then of course on the cubicles if it is that kind of larger toilet facility. Am in the UK.

Oct 25, 2017
The Zeno ex machina ending is the biggest blemish on the goku black arc tho imo. Trunks deserved the W. It's like, the only big moment in Super where someone other than Goku gets to win, only to be immediately undercut. I watched a two hour cut of the Black arc on youtube, which works surprisingly well structurally despite some obviously jarring cuts, but the best decision it made is to cut out that ending. It just ends as if Trunks kills Zamasu and it feels totally natural given the themes of the character and arc up to that point.
I'm with you on this.