• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Just look at this, a custom landing page, articles for each day, many holiday spectacular videos where the office is decorated and everyone is wearing christmas themed clothes, 15+ award categories including fun/unique ones like best shopkeeper.

I'm not sure what they expected the response to be, I realize they had one week - but compared to previous effort and output, this year has been embarrassing. With the time that they had they prioritized entirely in the wrong directions. I realize I have posted a lot about this, but this is literally my favorite thing GB does every year and I really greatly look forward to it.

Apparently there is hints of a Winter Games video though. Fingers crossed!
This is some heavy rose-tinted glasses stuff- I remember you specifically talking about how much you HATED the deliberations that year, up to and including demanding that Abby be disciplined for how she acted during the videos and podcasts.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is some heavy rose-tinted glasses stuff- I remember you specifically talking about how much you HATED the deliberations that year, up to and including demanding that Abby be disciplined for how she acted during the videos and podcasts.
No fucking way, I never stated she should be disciplined. Find the receipts.

I did complain how she said "it's very good" a zillion times, but never once said she should be reprimanded or something insane like that. Abby has improved so drastically since that point however and has become one of my favorite cast members, especially on the Beastcast.

Further, I may have been disappointed with talks at the time, but I didn't know the depths of how low it could go until this year. Basically, didn't know how good we had its still.

Last edited:

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No fucking way, I never stated she should be disciplined. Find the receipts.
Actually, mea culpa on that one- I remember getting into an argument with someone who said that Jeff and Vinny should have disciplined Abby in the aftermath of 2017, but I've gone back to the thread and it doesn't look like it was you- hearty apologies for that.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Actually, mea culpa on that one- I remember getting into an argument with someone who said that Jeff and Vinny should have disciplined Abby in the aftermath of 2017, but I've gone back to the thread and it doesn't look like it was you- hearty apologies for that.
Those people are really a curiosity. Like I have a lot of qualms with their decision making but the audacity to say that sort of stuff like how do you even get to that point?

Sep 12, 2018
39pY7K5.png

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
has anyone suggested they cut back the number of recap days and maybe do more group video things? I don't think I've seen anyone mention that yet

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
GOTY always brings out the crazies. Old format, new format, cancel GOTY all together.etc whatever path they will take in 2020. The crazies will always be there.

Yes, only people who uncritically enjoy everything Giant Bomb do are sane and healthy. Watching Jeff rank faces for two and a half hours definitely doesn't warrant getting an intervention from friends and family.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Yes, only people who uncritically enjoy everything Giant Bomb do are sane and healthy. Watching Jeff rank faces for two and a half hours definitely doesn't warrant anyone watching that getting an intervention from friends and family.
Hey, for the people that want that kind of content, they enjoyed it. I am not into wrestling so *shrugs*. But as for GOTY this year, my only disappointment is barely any group videos but I can understand why. As for the discussions themselves, I'm enjoying it a lot. Day 3 still has the best discussions out of all the other days so far(highlights: Contra Rogue Corps, Indivisible, Disco Elysium, Death Stranding, Pokémon Sword/Shield, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare , Google Stadia, WWE 2K20 & Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem ). Then again, if your entertainment is seeing or hearing a crew member getting salty because things did not go their way, I can also understand that.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, i'm either going blind, crazy or both but I can't find that daily written recap they do on the website after each day's awards. Where do they post that?

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
I wish more people in the GOTY thread also spent time writing what they liked, even if it is just one thing. Instead of just what they disliked so things seem more constructive and balanced. It is a bummer.
Ok, i'm either going blind, crazy or both but I can't find that daily written recap they do on the website after each day's awards. Where do they post that?
It'll go up today. In 2018, they did the same thing by putting an article in the final day with all the winners.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I wish more people in the GOTY thread also spent time writing what they liked, even if it is just one thing. Instead of just what they disliked so things seem more constructive and balanced. It is a bummer.

It'll go up today. In 2018, they did the same thing by putting an article in the final day with all the winners.

Ah, thanks.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
I was responding to the 'crazies' theme, i.e. implying mental problems, and putting my own spin on it for effect. Only an idiot would actually think someone needs an intervention for watching a video.
I can tell you that a person who spent some of his holiday doing what Valkyr1983 did over some free content award ceremony for example, is definitely a crazy.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Months): Sexism; Prior Severe Ban for Excusing Blackface
Those people are really a curiosity. Like I have a lot of qualms with their decision making but the audacity to say that sort of stuff like how do you even get to that point?

She sticks out in that group of guys. she's outspoken. She says things about others(like jeff Bakalar) that sounds mean spirited, but she gets a free pass. Not My cup of tea, but there's plenty of people who like her, so I guess I don't have much of a say aside from stating it here.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, only people who uncritically enjoy everything Giant Bomb do are sane and healthy. Watching Jeff rank faces for two and a half hours definitely doesn't warrant getting an intervention from friends and family.

Going to admit, I probably need help. Turned that on in my background this morning after cutting off Waypoint's Souls games thing 10 minutes in. The Souls games are literally my favorite modern series and I don't watch or care about wrestling but I still preferred listening to him rank faces over listening to the Waypoint crew talk about Souls games.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
She sticks out in that group of guys. she's outspoken. She says things about others(like jeff Bakalar) that sounds mean spirited, but she gets a free pass. Not My cup of tea, but there's plenty of people who like her, so I guess I don't have much of a say aside from stating it here.
Oh no that I understand. Human beings are particular and website personalities are no different than your best friend having that one annoying friend they love but you can't stand - you can't really control that sort of stuff and you certainly can't force yourself to like someone no more than you can force yourself to like a certain type of food.

It's more the part where you (not you specifically of course) start going to extremes and ask for someone to be reprimanded. Like cmon.Like what do people think that's going to accomplish apart from pissing someone off.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
I enjoyed the ranking of faces thing.

Also... one thing that would've improved all these videos by 100000% .... SOME GODDAMN CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS AND SWEATERS. AT LEAAAST

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't mind Jeff ranking faces for 2 and a half hours but i will watch/listen to any shit Jeff talks about for hours on end if possible so hey 🤷‍♂️

Same with Jan

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
No other categories confirmed. Just the Top 10.

Fuck this, man. Been looking forward to GotY festivities all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.