• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

They tried to do a bunch of level gimmicks like in Infinite Warfare but almost none of them landed besides looking really good on an HDR tv. Flares look pretty but did nothing. The laser aiming was just a nuke button. Only the Not-Kurd lady had some interesting levels conceptually but even then they mostly played it straight outside of an almost Wolfenstein-esque sequence and the climax for her was the most fleshed out of anyone but also fell incredibly flat.

Remember fucking with gravity in IW? Or controlling robots in IW? Or the "melt everything" gun in IW? Or the procedure of launching and re-docking your fighter ship in IW? It was more of a war story than MW was, that's for sure.
Real talk the ship launch sequence alone makes IWs campaign better. It's the hypest thing every single time and the couple of dual mode trick weapons were the shit.

I honestly wish they would have kept it boots on the ground instead of that half Titanfall shit that they were attempting but kept with the future timeline, I'm at the point where I strongly feel keeping call of duty away from anything resembling ongoing real world conflict is the best thing for everyone.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Real talk the ship launch sequence alone makes IWs campaign better. It's the hypest thing every single time and the couple of dual mode trick weapons were the shit.

I honestly wish they would have kept it boots on the ground instead of that half Titanfall shit that they were attempting but kept with the future timeline, I'm at the point where I strongly feel keeping call of duty away from anything resembling ongoing real world conflict is the best thing for everyone.
It feels kind of unfair to compare it to Titanfall 2 because the games came out like a week and a half apart and they clearly weren't emulating any of it.

And it's full of oorah bullshit but at least it's for Earth against Evil Space British Russians.

But yeah, the ship launch sequence was great every time. It was the Battlestar Galactica game I always wanted. And the guns were playful in their design. You could have one for people and one for bots equipped at once, and both could have close/far firing modes. Just super smart design since they got away from real life stuff but still kept it fairly grounded. The credits sequence destroyed me a lot more than I thought it would have.

Oct 25, 2017
It feels kind of unfair to compare it to Titanfall 2 because the games came out like a week and a half apart and they clearly weren't emulating any of it.

And it's full of oorah bullshit but at least it's for Earth against Evil Space British Russians.

But yeah, the ship launch sequence was great every time. It was the Battlestar Galactica game I always wanted. And the guns were playful in their design. You could have one for people and one for bots equipped at once, and both could have close/far firing modes. Just super smart design since they got away from real life stuff but still kept it fairly grounded. The credits sequence destroyed me a lot more than I thought it would have.
Black ops 3 had the advanced movement system because that's clearly where they thought the winds were shifting but you can tell from the map design in infinite warfare that they weren't properly equipped or given time to tune for the new movement system because nothing in those original maps takes advantage of it and in fact I'd say the design of the maps actively discourages you from using it. So when I say half Titanfall I mean in terms of their dedication to the concept.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Black ops 3 had the advanced movement system because that's clearly where they thought the winds were shifting but you can tell from the map design in infinite warfare that they weren't properly equipped or given time to tune for the new movement system because nothing in those original maps takes advantage of it and in fact I'd say the design of the maps actively discourages you from using it. So when I say half Titanfall I mean in terms of their dedication to the concept.
Do you mean in the multiplayer? Because I never even touched that. I am just way into the campaign but there's only a few parts that really encourage wallrunning at all and they fit well enough there.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah sorry exclusively talking about the MP there.
Yeah that's fair. Nobody liked that and it probably was the main reason they rolled all the way back to Modern Warfare, to be honest. Maybe the sci-fi stuff fits telling a story than it does a multiplayer environment for CoD.

It's not like you were super maneuverable in the wallrunning like Titanfall anyway. It was just a fancy way to dance around a boss arena. I could see it landing totally flat in a multiplayer environment.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Was listening to my Heavy Metal playlist on Shuffle on Google Play Music and this just happened....

Google's AI is fucking scary sometimes...

QbGWw3G.jpg

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
inexplicably felt the urge to play a bunch of tycoon management games so booted up surviving mars since i got it in my epic account somewhow. It's definitely one of the cleanest one of these I've played, very solid. I booted up There Are Billions as well and I think I want something that kinda is the middle between those two (and maybe Frostpunk).

Anyway I grabbed Two Point Hospital because, well, why not, so I guess I'll play that

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Hey ScreamingMadden I know you played the new one but did you ever get into the old Ace Combats? Remember, the music has always been great!

Was listening to my Heavy Metal playlist on Shuffle on Google Play Music and this just happened....

Google's AI is fucking scary sometimes...

QbGWw3G.jpg
That's pretty good, tbh. And yes, you have a space dog. Now raise it and teach it to murder.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Yeah that's fair. Nobody liked that and it probably was the main reason they rolled all the way back to Modern Warfare, to be honest. Maybe the sci-fi stuff fits telling a story than it does a multiplayer environment for CoD.

It's not like you were super maneuverable in the wallrunning like Titanfall anyway. It was just a fancy way to dance around a boss arena. I could see it landing totally flat in a multiplayer environment.
It just felt incredibly stiff. Then again the whole "boots on the ground" narrative propagated by a section of the fans that seemed the loudest didn't help things either. Which is a shame cause that Infinite Warfare campaign is up there as one of the best single player campaigns in years (for a shooter anyway).

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Merry Christmas duders. Hope all is well, this is the first time in three years when I'm home for the holidays and not for a funeral.

IT'S SO GOOD AND YOU CAN PET THE DOG
Hey ScreamingMadden I know you played the new one but did you ever get into the old Ace Combats? Remember, the music has always been great!

That's pretty good, tbh. And yes, you have a space dog. Now raise it and teach it to murder.
Yeah so I see that I have the option to "mature" it in the menu... Any reason to not do that right away?

May 5, 2018
I would play the old ones...IF BANDAI NAMCO CAN RE-RELEASE THEM ON STEAM! I guess I can get my PS3 booted up and maybe get some luck into buying AC4, 5 and Zero on the PS Store (or has that been shut down). But I do plan on playing the DLC for AC7 soon. Heard good things about it. Also the music in AC7 was honestly my favorite game OST of the year. Songs like Magic Spear (1 and 2), Sol Squadron, Faceless Soldier and Daredevil get me pumped up! Expect AC7 to rank RATHER HIGH on my list.

I was actually thinking about talking about AC7 briefly here. It apparently sold fairly well according to Bandai Namco but considering that sales seemed way better in the Eastern Market and almost every Western game journalist forgot this game came out this year, is there a chance Bandai-Namco makes a hypothetical AC8 an Japanese/Asia region exclusive? I hope not.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I watched a 2+ hour video of Jeff rating video game wrestler faces.

I don't even know who most of these people are! I just have to take Jeff's word that they look like shit.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
lol I just did my daily leveling in ffxiv (which was not a good idea cuz I'm kinda tipsy and was fucking up and didn't even turn on diurnal sect lmao) and apparently I was the group's third healer, the other two quit

and it wasn't even a hard or annoying dungeon either lmao, but everyone was appreciative and that was nice :)

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
lol I just did my daily leveling in ffxiv (which was not a good idea cuz I'm kinda tipsy and was fucking up and didn't even turn on diurnal sect lmao) and apparently I was the group's third healer, the other two quit

and it wasn't even a hard or annoying dungeon either lmao, but everyone was appreciative and that was nice :)

healers4lyfe

ahh the idea of being a healer in an MMO again has me tempted to throw that FFXIV Complete Edition thing into my cart

(update: game is now downloading to my PS4, how is nostalgia over being a Holy Paladin the thing that did it)

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been leveling my first healer in FFXIV and I don't see how you all do it. I loaded into a dungeon ealier and the tank said "doing big pulls" and I proceeded to spend the rest of the time mashing the healing button while watching their health drop to 25% constantly with my mp hovering around 1000. No one ended up dying, but still, I don't think I can handle another 50 levels of this :P.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even realise you could do that (playing a tank) until I was done with Heavensward.

Now I don't know whether to go slow or blitzrun the dungeon.

Oct 27, 2017
While Worlds is the least good of those games, it's still worth playing. It has some high highs despite some bland stuff in the middle.
So it ends okay? It doesn't just fizzle out? I hate when I'm super into a game and suddenly it just... turns. It almost happened with Death Stranding at Episode 8, but everything after that has been great.

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I've been leveling my first healer in FFXIV and I don't see how you all do it. I loaded into a dungeon ealier and the tank said "doing big pulls" and I proceeded to spend the rest of the time mashing the healing button while watching their health drop to 25% constantly with my mp hovering around 1000. No one ended up dying, but still, I don't think I can handle another 50 levels of this :P.
it gets way easier as u go cuz tanks get more defensive cooldowns and healers get more abilities to the point where most of the time ur just casting damage spells

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Despite maxing all the healers and tanks last expansion in FFXIV, haven't gotten around to doing it this one, I still have major healing and tank anxiety, so most of the time I end up playing support DPS.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
So it ends okay? It doesn't just fizzle out? I hate when I'm super into a game and suddenly it just... turns. It almost happened with Death Stranding at Episode 8, but everything after that has been great.
If your tolerance for late-game Death Stranding is there then you can take anything. Outer Worlds more fizzles than anything but there are some strong points towards the end. The middle third-ish is just the weakest part.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Outer Worlds is just weak after the first third of the game onwards. The best thing about the game is that it's short so you can just speed through it and not feel like you've wasted too much of your time.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
I think the Outer Worlds is just weak after the first third of the game onwards. The best thing about the game is that it's short so you can just speed through it and not feel like you've wasted too much of your time.

This is the correct take. Its the same moral quandary replayed 4x and then the end. The ending literally madlibsing factions in regarding which side you chose truly broke it for me. Its a 5 hour fallout demo padded to 20 hours.

Oct 27, 2017
I very nearly had to redo that entire delivery. The cargo was 99% destroyed by the time I made it back. It's the first time I didn't S rank.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
God, I so hope they can make Wolfenstein 3 weird enough and stick the landing. Please don't let them fuck it up. Just let BJ kill a brainjar mecha-hitler and then have a moment of pathos with his family before he dies. That's all I ask out of this generation of consoles, cement BJ Blaskowicz as a good video game character some-fucking-how.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Old man BJ shoots an armoured man, and depending on the loot boxes you buy it might be Hitler.

I trust Bethesda to be true to themselves.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Old man BJ shoots an armoured man, and depending on the loot boxes you buy it might be Hitler.

I trust Bethesda to be true to themselves.
If they fuck this up with that bullshit I'm gonna be legitimately angry. This series was fucking pure, goddammit. Love and hate and sex and murder and jokes and misery and celebration all wrapped up together... it is amazing.

If they take Youngblood as a blueprint for future games I'm gonna cut a motherfucker.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
it gets way easier as u go cuz tanks get more defensive cooldowns and healers get more abilities to the point where most of the time ur just casting damage spells
this is true, even level 50 white mage is mostly just regen or medica II and stone spam
Despite maxing all the healers and tanks last expansion in FFXIV, haven't gotten around to doing it this one, I still have major healing and tank anxiety, so most of the time I end up playing support DPS.
this is also true lol
despite the vast majority of my time with this game being spent as a healer (before moving to the much more comfortable red mage and dancer jobs), I still get it, particularly if I haven't played a healer for a few days

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
If they fuck this up with that bullshit I'm gonna be legitimately angry. This series was fucking pure, goddammit. Love and hate and sex and murder and jokes and misery and celebration all wrapped up together... it is amazing.

If they take Youngblood as a blueprint for future games I'm gonna cut a motherfucker.
Hopefully it was a test run that showed them this is not the way. Then again I wouldn't trust them to really change but the rumor on the e-streets is that they were working on Wolf 3 proper all along.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
As a hypothetical I wonder if Jeff would take a WWE fighter made by Neverrealm (MK/Injustice style of course) over, say, giving 2K two years to build a new game from the ground up with new systems and models. I would (that Immortals mobile game was a good proof of concept)

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought the reactions towards Dan's time in college were bizarre. Many college programs are a joke and you have to put in the minimal amount of effort to get a degree. That peice of paper itself isn't worth much unless you have something to show for it.

People are just mad that they fell for the system and actually busted their asses for a worthless peice of paper.

Barely passing while developing real world skills and connections >>>>> wasting your time getting a 4.0 GPA with little real world skills. Dan simply min/maxed in a more efficient way.

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought the reactions towards Dan's time in college were bizarre. Many college programs are a joke and you have to put in the minimal amount of effort to get a degree. That peice of paper itself isn't worth much unless you have something to show for it.

People are just mad that they fell for the system and actually busted their asses for a worthless peice of paper.

Barely passing while developing real world skills and connections >>>>> wasting your time getting a 4.0 GPA with little real world skills.
Shit tier take but go off king

Status
Not open for further replies.