• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody in the CSD3 QLEX commented on the Ryan Davis burger, and they both had it at once :(

I'm nonetheless glad it continues to live on.

Edit: I'm with Abby re: poutine. It's fine. More importantly, it's exactly what you think it is. The flavours don't intermingle; they're all their own thing at once.

Wait chubigans do you actually pronounce it "chub-i-gens"? In my head I've been saying "choo-be-gahns" this whole time.
Ooh I like choobegahns let's go with that!

im still excited for the poutine though, gonna be delish!

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Do any of you guys watch twitch or other streamers? I realized I only watch GB and Dansgaming(when he plays something i dont want to buy). My buddy just showed me all the twich streamers he follows, I dont even have enough time to watch all GB, let alone live streamers

e:
Funny coincidence that she_esh posts a direct link to gb infinite seconds before my post

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Well that Modern Warfare campaign was fucking awesome.

Now give me Modern Warfare 2 please.

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
I want to play CSD3. Might pick up CSD2 at some point too.
Alex is 100% right! Mapo Tofu is phenomenal! Its amazing authentic Chinese food that you'll almost never see in dive in Chinese Restaurants in America.

My only experience I had with Mapo Tofu was from being invited by owners of a Japanese Restaurant to eat at their eatery for a Chinese New Year feast (the owners are Chinese). The owners do this every Chinese New Year where they invite their most loyal customers over to have a free Chinese New Year dinner and I noticed Mapo Tofu was one of the special dishes they prepared only for this dinner. It was freaking amazing and reminding myself to eat this makes me want to find a recipe for Mapo Tofu to make myself!

CSD2 never really grabbed me, I'm not sure why. I'm definitely interested in CSD3 as well, I'm also interested in making Mapo Tofu, it sounds really good.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
v3DuqLx.png

FUCK A NEXT PAYCHECK

WE INNIT
RepulsiveInexperiencedBlackbear-size_restricted.gif

It's been around 3 years now and I still get blown away whenever I power on my OLED.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still don't like MW's multiplayer at all. It encourages campers.

I'll stick with it through the next couple of weeks until SW comes out, but after that, I'm likely selling it. Bring on Blops 5.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Remnant very much reminds me of a game that would have released on OG Xbox, and that's probably why I'm digging it

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm moving in a week and will need to buy a TV and I think I'm aiming for the same one? LG OLED 55 inch? but there's a few different models and I'm not sure which is best...

It's the 55 inch LG B8

The C9 is the newest one and has stuff like VRR which works like GSYNC and HDMI 2.1 which enables said VRR and does some other stuff too. I believe anyone of them will do the trick. It all comes down to things like how bright they can get in HDR or input lag.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's the 55 inch LG B8

The C9 is the newest one and has stuff like VRR which works like GSYNC and HDMI 2.1 which enables said VRR and does some other stuff too. I believe anyone of them will do the trick. It all comes down to things like how bright they can get in HDR or input lag.
I have the same TV. After you get it you might want to go to Rtings.com for the best settings advice. That's what I did, anyway.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Alex is 100% right! Mapo Tofu is phenomenal! Its amazing authentic Chinese food that you'll almost never see in dive in Chinese Restaurants in America.

My only experience I had with Mapo Tofu was from being invited by owners of a Japanese Restaurant to eat at their eatery for a Chinese New Year feast (the owners are Chinese). The owners do this every Chinese New Year where they invite their most loyal customers over to have a free Chinese New Year dinner and I noticed Mapo Tofu was one of the special dishes they prepared only for this dinner. It was freaking amazing and reminding myself to eat this makes me want to find a recipe for Mapo Tofu to make myself!

Mapo Tofu rules, definitely one of my regular orders if a restaurant has it

I ordered it from the kinda shitty but cheap Chinese place right by my college a lot, where it was still pretty good, and later learned it was supposedly the thing anyone working there ordered because it was still good, lol.

also fwiw, you can buy packets of the sauce and at that point you only need to handle the pork + tofu

...this is reminding me that I really need to go to the H Mart near me again soon and pick some stuff like that up, it's been a loooooooong long time, maybe over a year or more, since I've last went and I need to make a habit of doing it more. That one even has a curry place I really like right in it; it's just a bit of a hassle to get to unless I wanna stay out for a while after work. But it's probably worth it...

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seriously never been impressed with a TV in my life. To the point where I think my vision is bad.

No hyperbole, I remember upgrading to a 32 inch HDTV from a 26 inch SDTV to play COD 4 and I could barely notice a difference. This was after listening to everyone rave about HD for 2 years.

It's the same thing with HDR now, I just shrug and think it looks a tad better than my old TV.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, bought the new CoD. So I guess I'll play that in between rounds of Outer Worlds.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Went to a charity event last night that had backpacking food samples with beer pairings. There was a raffle and I won a $35 hydroflask, good stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know what it is but Outer Worlds isn't grabbing me so far. I do enjoy playing it but I'm not super into it?
And I can't really pinpoint anything that's throwing me off. The writing is decent (I mean, after Disco Elysium it was always going to be hard going into another dialogue heavy game but it's doing pretty fine), the shooting feels good enough, I really like the companions, the worlds look nice, I like that it's a bunch of smaller worlds instead of one giant one. There are a couple of minor annoyances but nothing major. And I haven't encountered a single bug yet.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I think the best thing they could ever do to sell a shit ton of premium memberships is to simple release the intro to Jeff Gestermann's Pro Skater on Youtube... That thing is just perfect

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's hilarious that the first mission you get is to find a power generator. The most cliched western rpg mission of all time.

I somehow got a faction to shoot at me on sight accidentally so it's definitely a fallout game.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's hilarious that the first mission you get is to find a power generator. The most cliched western rpg mission of all time.

I somehow got a faction to shoot at me on sight accidentally so it's definitely a fallout game.
I'm no fancy marketing expert but to me it feels like it would be a good idea in general to put the first episode of every (longer) premium show on Youtube

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like it's time for a new entertainment stand!

So the living room is pretty narrow and the only way it makes sense to configure the TV is on a wall that has a radiator taking up half of it (which limits the size of the TV). I could swap the TV stand and couch but then would lose a foot of space since the radiator would be partially behind the couch.

I've thought about this a lot lol, it's a problem.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are you a vsco girl?
Possibly.

So the living room is pretty narrow and the only way it makes sense to configure the TV is on a wall that has a radiator taking up half of it (which limits the size of the TV). I could swap the TV stand and couch but then would lose a foot of space since the radiator would be partially behind the couch.

I've thought about this a lot lol, it's a problem.
Mount a bigger TV to the wall.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard great things about this WWE2K20 QL but Jeff's mic quality being so bad is literally hurting my ears

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's the 55 inch LG B8

mhmmmm if I'm looking at the right stuff on Amazon, the C9 is like an entire $500 more than the B8 rn? would you expect the C9's stuff to be worth that increase over the coming years, given that I'd like to not buy a newer TV for a good long while?

or is it the kind of thing where there's enough significant stuff coming in the next few years where it's not like having these features alone is worth worrying about, and I'd eventually want to upgrade anyway, and might as well pay less now? especially as I'm not really gonna take full advantage of it to begin with till the PS5, probably

...I bought a kinda tiny TV for college and what I've still been using these last couple years is that and my roommate's that I'm guessing he bought around then too, which is apparently 32 inches. So either way this is a huge upgrade and I'm not used to looking into this stuff.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
The Jake Gyllenhaal bootleg they got for Shiv's ex in Succession is fucking awful, please tell me he doesn't come back in season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.