• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I say we all pitch in and get this as a gift for little Tidus or Yuna Gerstmann

1545791397141-1516514010-Baby-Onesie-black-front.jpg

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
Jan and Abby did a great job on the panel but it's sad and kinda tells a lot about the state of the website in 2019 that they are the only two that ended up going to PAX... (Jeff being the exception since he obviously has a great reason)...
PAX west falls on a holiday weekend in The states when most people are spending time with family.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone from Europe in here know a good weather app? I know it's going to thunder storm this arvo in Rome, but nothing tells me how much rain there's going to be? Which seems important? I only have one full day here so I don't want to stay inside all arvo unless I have to.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not hugely into achievements anymore, but do you guys think Xbox should get an equivalent of a platinum trophy?

I have two achievements left to get in control, but I don't have the desire to go for them. Mainly because I know when the DLC comes around it will add a lot more achievements that I'm not going to get. But if it had a reward for getting the 1000/1000, I would probably get the last two.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not hugely into achievements anymore, but do you guys think Xbox should get an equivalent of a platinum trophy?

I have two achievements left to get in control, but I don't have the desire to go for them. Mainly because I know when the DLC comes around it will add a lot more achievements that I'm not going to get. But if it had a reward for getting the 1000/1000, I would probably get the last two.

Yes, a completion achievement would be nice. A badge or something.

If someone S-ranks a game like Gears of War 3 they deserve a reward because that game has a couple of very very grindy achievements.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I was in the front row of tonight's panel. It was hilarious and Abby and Jan did a fantastic job. Lang had me cracking up so loud that I wonder if it came through on the stream.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bad person if I buy Catherine, right? I'm always torn when it comes to stuff like this.

Like for example Speaker for the Dead is one of my favorite books, if not my absolute favorite, but as we all know now Orson Scott Card is a homophobic religious nutjob.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone from Europe in here know a good weather app? I know it's going to thunder storm this arvo in Rome, but nothing tells me how much rain there's going to be? Which seems important? I only have one full day here so I don't want to stay inside all arvo unless I have to.

I use Dark Sky. It's pretty good in the UK

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Abby and Jan are fantastic. I can't deal with Pat Baer though, don't know why.

Oxyrain

Oct 25, 2017
Gary Whitta's Twitter is full of Space Rocks talk. I need to find the board I made while sleep deprived during Octoberkast in 2013.

SXyg78m.png

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bad person if I buy Catherine, right? I'm always torn when it comes to stuff like this.

Like for example Speaker for the Dead is one of my favorite books, if not my absolute favorite, but as we all know now Orson Scott Card is a homophobic religious nutjob.
No? These types of questions confuse me. The objectionable material is IN THE WORK. It's not just that the author is bad or whatever. Can you enjoy the game despite the material? Go for it. I wouldn't be able to, so I don't buy the game. But there's no ethical consumption anyway so just do whatever you can live with.

Sep 12, 2018
It's funny how when I played the original game on PS3 that stuff either went over my head or I completely just brushed it off as nothing. Shows how different the discourse around games was as well as how I was very much just a complacent consumer when it came to gaming.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
It's funny how when I played the original game on PS3 that stuff either went over my head or I completely just brushed it off as nothing. Shows how different the discourse around games was as well as how I was very much just a complacent consumer when it came to gaming.
Yeah I think in the last 2 or 3 years this has changed for me as well, those things become more apparent to me and I can't just brush it off anymore. Games need to do better.

Oct 27, 2017
No? These types of questions confuse me. The objectionable material is IN THE WORK. It's not just that the author is bad or whatever. Can you enjoy the game despite the material? Go for it. I wouldn't be able to, so I don't buy the game. But there's no ethical consumption anyway so just do whatever you can live with.
It's not that confusing. I can easily see somebody being able to enjoy the work even with the problematic content being labeled poorly by many.

I played Persona 5 earlier this year and I thought it was superb. I can't even recall the problematic bits from it... They completely went over my head, similar to what she_esh said a couple posts up. I'm not sure I like what that says about me.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not that confusing. I can easily see somebody being able to enjoy the work even with the problematic content being labeled poorly by many.

I played Persona 5 earlier this year and I thought it was superb. I can't even recall the problematic bits from it... They completely went over my head, similar to what she_esh said a couple posts up. I'm not sure I like what that says about me.
To be blunt, it either says you're not as socially aware as the people who do notice the casual homophobia and sexism in Persona games, or less media literate. Neither make you a bad person, just someone who's probably put less thought into how media portrays marginalized groups, in this specific case. That's not a diss, you're not a bad person for enjoying work with problematic elements. We all do. Everyone's line is different though.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

Depends really. I'm of the opinion that it's fine to consume problematic work as long as you're able to analyse why it's problematic, but there's also the thing of directly giving money to problematic people.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Just did my fantasy draft for my $100 cash league. 10 man non-PPR.

1. Ezekiel Elliott RB
2. Tyreek Hill WR
3. Leonard Fournette RB
4. Brandin Cooks WR
5. Mark Ingram RB
6. Tyler Lockett WR
7. Hunter Henry TE
8. Devin Singletary RB
9. Curtis Samuel WR
10. Lamar Jackson QB
11. Tony Pollard RB
12. Justin Jackson RB
13. Russell Wilson QB
14. Jaguars D/ST
15. Brett Maher K

Surely some people itt play fantasy football. Picking 7th in the draft, was really hoping Zeke wouldn't fall to me so I didn't have to make the decision. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with this team

Status
Not open for further replies.