• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Trivializing harassment
Jesus those screenshots...

medium.com

Regarding what’s been happening

Content warning for the included screenshots involving graphic language including racist/ethnic/homophobic slurs, threats, violence, rape…
Yeah the comments there are mostly terrible but when you repeatedly kick the hornet's nest what do you expect exactly? The vast majority of the criticism seems to be civil so I hope that doesn't get drowned out by the loons harassing the devs.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good. There's a lot to talk about.
  • Absolutely phenomenal gameplay on display, especially in top 8 for a lot of games (DBFZ and Tekken were beyond hype)
  • Just how unprofessional was EVO with that Snake thing?
  • Holy Fuck, Guilty Gear is the best looking game in history
  • Leroy Smith is badass
  • Soul Calibur isn't dead
  • And all of the stuff ground-level that we didn't see because we weren't there.
I hope they spend a while on EVO.
Don't forget Evo welcoming known wife abuser Infiltration back with open arms, who then went on to win SamSho

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the comments there are mostly terrible but when you repeatedly kick the hornet's nest what do you expect exactly? The vast majority of the criticism seems to be civil so I hope that doesn't get drowned out by the loons harassing the devs.
From the Medium post:
When presented with the reality of the damage inflicted, we've seen countless people effectively say "you were asking for it". According to that logic, anything anyone says that could rub someone the wrong way is cause for the internet to try to ruin their life. Either that, or our role as two people who had the nerve to make a video game made us valid targets in their minds.

I recognize that none of this post equates to an apology in any way that a lot of the mob is trying to obtain, and that's by design. While some of what I've said was definitely bad for PR, I stand behind it. A portion of the gaming community is indeed horrendously toxic, entitled, immature, irrationally-angry, and prone to joining hate mobs over any inconsequential issue they can cook up. That was proven again through this entire experience. It was never my intention to alienate or antagonize anyone in our community who does not fit that description, and I hope that you can see my tone and pointed comments were not directed at you.

Just say no to hate, Kambay. There is no asking for it.

When you want to add a "but"--don't.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
From the Medium post:

Just say no to hate, Kambay. There is no asking for it.

When you want to add a "but"--don't.
I don't agree with anyone making hateful comments, I thought that was obvious? I also don't agree with reframing the conversation around them rather than keeping the focus on anti-consumer exclusivity deals. As I said, the vast majority of the discussion on this has been civil.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree with anyone making hateful comments, I thought that was obvious? I also don't agree with reframing the conversation around them rather than keeping the focus on anti-consumer exclusivity deals. As I said, the vast majority of the discussion on this has been civil.
The amount of actualy hateful shit they have recieved tells a different story...

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
It's not obvious when you imply they were asking for harassment, no.

But anyways, the Ooblets devs are not talking about this for any other reason than because it happened. Their medium post isn't about EGS, it's about their experiences, to highlight how vitriolic consumers can be.

It's OK to set everything Epic aside and just universally condemn what happened--with no if's or but's. To offer humans your humanity.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
It's not obvious when you imply they were asking for harassment, no.

But anyways, the Ooblets devs are not talking about this for any other reason than because it happened. Their medium post isn't about EGS, it's about their experiences, to highlight how vitriolic consumers can be.

It's OK to set everything Epic aside and just universally condemn what happened--with no if's or but's. To offer humans your humanity.
Didn't say they were "asking for it" or that they deserve it (they don't). But (yes I'm using but) there's no way you read their initial blog post and don't see this coming from a mile away.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't say they were "asking for it" or that they deserve it (they don't). But (yes I'm using but) there's no way you read their initial blog post and don't see this coming from a mile away.
There is a misunderstanding then, because the phrase "kicking the hornet's nest" is another way of saying a person is asking for/deserves it.

e.g. Of course you got stung harassed! You kicked the hornet's nest! How could you expect anything else?

May 5, 2018
Reggie's case from his twitter is pretty substantial to debunk the notion that video games lead to major violence. Sure the US is third highest with video game revenue per-person but South Korea and China has us beat and those countries have incredibly insubstantial numbers of violent gun deaths dating back to 2017.

Also good that they're talking about the E3/ESA fiasco.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't on board with all the "E3 is dead" talk during E3 2019 proper because, hey, off years happen, and we're in a weird spot waiting for a new console generation.

Now, though, if E3 isn't dead, it should be killed outright. Fuck the ESA.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
There is a misunderstanding then, because the phrase "kicking the hornet's nest" is another way of saying a person is asking for/deserves it.

e.g. Of course you got stung harassed! You kicked the hornet's nest! How could you expect anything else?
Well, that's not what I meant then. I was trying to convey that while they should never have been harassed it was obvious that it was going to happen considering how generally toxic video game online discourse can be. There will always be psychos willing to throw around death threats and make vile comments for any excuse.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
EBUBT2CU0AAjb9-