• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • Big Dick Daddy Dom

Votes: 128 52.2%
  • It's Terrible. I Love It!

Votes: 49 20.0%
  • No Wrestling Or Anime. Only Video Games.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Give Me The Bird's ass, Or Give Me Death

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Having a day nap, @ me when the Smash DLC comes please.

Also, the motorbike in DMCV is the most fun weapon in any game this year.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched UPF and got to the borderlands segment. Brad and Jeff are straight up delusional.

holy shit

Destiny has poisoned their minds

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
destiny has:
- space magic
- cool robots
- nolan north
- mysterious large ball
- a billion pages of lore

borderlands has:
- gun
- claptrap
- gun that shoots like an old gun; bad
- a game that showed the comedic storytelling potential of the setting that will probably not be properly capitalized on by gearbox
- gun that's a shotgun but with a scope

I rest my case

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
oh, additionally borderlands has
tumblr_o1kcyce1wm1thgcq5o1_540.gif
and this strengthens point four

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I heard back from Amazon about the coding screen I took on the 12th, they are not moving forward, which is what I expected. I know what to focus on for next time. The teams the recruiter is recruiting for sound very interesting, so I'll get back in touch with him in a year or so.
As a recruiter for a tech startup in SF, I know the pain. Keep at it

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Finally watched UPF and got to the borderlands segment. Brad and Jeff are straight up delusional.

holy shit

Destiny has poisoned their minds

I feel like there's just a part of being a video game critic that makes it so you can just never reject an industry trend outright. You have to just accept the terms of the industry set by studios and even if you're disappointed with it, that's just-the-way-things-are so you start judging everything on these utterly weird standards and having expectations that push everything toward being the same, even if you complain all the time that everything is the same. It's some sort of bizarro video-game Stockholm Syndrome. "Sure, this sucks, but that's The Future and we have to work within its parameters anyway." I felt like this back in 2013 (which I've been thinking about more as the generation is coming to an end) and how it was just accepted common knowledge that the next consoles from everyone were going to be always-online anti-used game hardware, and well, that's just the world we live in now, gotta deal with it, sure it sucks but oh well, everything's just like this now, overnight we just have to accept those terms and move on. It's weird.

Borderlands being more Borderlands is super cool - I don't want more pseudo-MMOs with half-baked progression systems and tons of re-used content that is somehow supposed to be more innovative and cool than just being a cool, complete offline package you sell DLC for instead. I don't need to just accept that things like Destiny/The Division/Anthem are just-the-way-everything-is-now and get used to it even if it sucks and is continuously disappointing.

Oddly though, even after saying this, I have vague memories of Jeff always having utterly bizarre expectations for what he keeps thinking Borderlands is supposed to be, going all the way back to the first game which were more or less this sort of thing - complaints of no online shared spaces, no "proper trading system", etc. I don't know why in Jeff's mind Borderlands needs to be hamstrung as some sort of half-assed MMO, or why that's "new" or "innovative" in any way, but that's different opinions.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I have now gotten through the intro and ran around both on top and inside of Notre Dame and boy, this runs better on my PC instead of chugging around the mid-20s on my PS4 (and that building is impeccably detailed). Also this just further reinforces what I came away from Origins/Odyssey and how the path of least resistance became every path. The animations are a little slower and more deliberate here and I had to sort of figure out a path up to the top of it to get the synchronize point. I miss this. Even in Unity.

Also I forgot the whole framing device was that you bought a video game system and the Assassins hack in to have you help them out and you just agree to participate cuz fuck it.

Also this was fun:
Assassins-Creed-dummy-menu.jpg

Note "Jazz Age Junkies" at the bottom there. If they weren't afraid of getting increasingly close to modern day I'd be curious what a 1920's The-Assassins-Run-Speakeasies-And-Deal-With-The-Mafia sort of game would have looked like.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
So guys.

If you have to choose between never eating a land based animal again or never eating an aquatic based animal again.

Which would you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.