• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • Big Dick Daddy Dom

Votes: 128 52.2%
  • It's Terrible. I Love It!

Votes: 49 20.0%
  • No Wrestling Or Anime. Only Video Games.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Give Me The Bird's ass, Or Give Me Death

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Once in a while I'm glad we still get a game that's a real motherfucker and gets people talking about their shared experiences. But I feel like Souls kinda already solved the problem of doing that while not needing an easy mode - there's a million ways to make the games beatable if you explore your options. Grinding, summoning, or just using certain builds. Even then, people still asked for easy mode, so I guess the moral of this story is you can never please everyone and From has the right to make a game that tells everyone to fuck off and learn how to parry.

I'm gonna cut Ben some slack because he's probably just not feeling super great right now

every time I see one of his tweets posted I think of the image he posted of his chipped tooth and cringe a bit. Gahhh

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah duder in context that makes way more sense 😂

It also doesn't help that you made a joke about Dan, Abby is pretty vocal about not caring for GB fans spamming her with replies and such about her coworkers. Not everything she does needs to be about her work and people should respect that 🤷‍♀️
Yeah, that makes sense. I only started using Twitter a couple years ago and I have a lot to learn.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
you can't send me to jail you cops

I'm a narc
2763460-ryan_crazy.gif

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Did you ask about this before? I'd swear someone had the exact same question about being blocked by Abby, with a very similar tweet at her. (And no, it wasn't Megasoum.)

Stop tweeting weird stuff to people, folks.
I mean... I haven't seen that specific tweet in question but the description of it really doesn't sound that weird or creepy.

I feel like, if you're gonna go on Twitter to do some really weird/awkward/gross jokes all the time (and both Ben and Abby have said some CRAZY stuff on there) then you should be able to accept that people might reply to you with the same kind of humor...

Now, I am very well aware of the issue that people face on social media (especially girls) so I can't blame her for being on the cautious side of things and at the end of the day, obviously, it's her account so she does whatever she wants with it but... Yeah... It kinda feels a bit double standard at times...

Anyway, whatever, I really don't care about my personal block. I just find those things a bit ironic at times.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I think people are kinda mixing accessibility and difficulty (even though they can be related).

I absolutely think games should have the most Accessibility options possible (by this I mean Colorblind, HUD adjustment, control mapping, stuff like that), but I also believe games should be as difficult as the dev wants and that not all games are for everyone.

But at the same time, I try to put myself in the shoes of someone with a disability and understand their point of view - since they're already so marginalized by society in general, would it really be too much to ask to make it easier for them to play a game?

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
if From, or any other developer, want to make an easy mode I'm all for it. But if they don't want to, I don't think that should be held against them

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
did not expect blitz to be the one to have a heated gaming moment but

yeah seriously, those jokes are bad and were always bad

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
listen, I fought that guy on equal terms (after stabbing him in the back), and came out as the victor

it's the other boss I had trouble with lately that I only learned how to stealth properly after the game glitched on a prior attempt at fighting him, eventually did that out of frustration, and spammed a tool to kill

I'm not judging anyone who cheeses, it's just that it's not like everyone who cares about """valor""" is approaching things as designed anyway
Which boss? I recently realized you can spam tons of enemies with the spear

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Demon of Hatred(end game boss) in Sekiro fucking sucks. Definitely the worst boss in the game. All the other bosses so far have been fun, not this one though.

I disagree about all other bosses being fun (well, if you only count story progress bosses I guess they are all at least interesting), but that one is definitely the worst. I'm actually banging my head against that and the other boss required for a certain ending and it's putting a dent on my enjoyment (which had been growing as I played through the game).

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
is it that bad? I'm expecting the worst, somehow

game's real bad these days, too. hard to accept what it is.
Yeah I never played it, and then I saw it was on Steam for like $3 so I bought it. Without nostalgia that game does not hold up. Pretty much no games from that gen do, and being turn based (or ATB, whatever) helps, but still
Brad has talked about liking 7 back in the day right?
I think he didn't hate it, but didn't like it as much as 6

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I feel like Brad May have said he liked it at the time but it also seems like Jeff rubs off on people too much sometimes to the point where they start shitting on something with him because he doesn't like it.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
I disagree about all other bosses being fun (well, if you only count story progress bosses I guess they are all at least interesting), but that one is definitely the worst. I'm actually banging my head against that and the other boss required for a certain ending and it's putting a dent on my enjoyment (which had been growing as I played through the game).
The other bosses felt fun in the sense there was a rhythm about them. This one has no rhythm and the fucker jumps so far away every 5 or so seconds and there's tons of running around and shit. Guardian Ape for example is a much better erratic boss because his kind of dance is like the other bosses in the game in which they try to fight back and come after you but also, you could bait them into certain attacks to make an opening for yourself if you were patient enough and learned their moves. This boss is just all over the place in a way that is tiring. I only have him and the final boss left.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Which boss? I recently realized you can spam tons of enemies with the spear

Continuing my poison knife spamming tactics, I took down (the first? the one in the valley) Snake Eyes with that last night after stealthing him. It hurt him decently and just burning through all my ammo could get his posture almost entirely full.

I was doing an ok job of actually taking down his first bar, and then doing the second with the knife, but he hurt me enough during the first bar that I just barely couldn't finish him off.

then one time he fell off the platform when I jumped off by accident and grappled back on, which let me figure out how to stealth him, so after a couple more serious tries I decided to do just give in and do this

not that I consider stealthing to be even really "cheese", but since I'd come so close without using it, it did sorta feel like giving in

of course this was at past 2 AM so maybe anything that got me to bed was the smartest decision

Status
Not open for further replies.