• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • Big Dick Daddy Dom

Votes: 128 52.2%
  • It's Terrible. I Love It!

Votes: 49 20.0%
  • No Wrestling Or Anime. Only Video Games.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Give Me The Bird's ass, Or Give Me Death

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017
You can use it from the inventory as opposed to at a shrine, but that doesn't seem to have any real impact and doesn't cure the rot.

Source: I actually did this with my first one, like an idiot...but I do have a stock of them and have yet to actually cure the rot due to the number of bosses I've come across and wanted to beat before clearing it.

Oh wow, didn't realize that haha. Thanks for the advice

Also seriously I barely get the rot now. I feel like I don't get it at all fighting bosses. I've only ever gotten it if I die from mobs.

Heh its the opposite for me, I only got it from attempting
Lady Butterfly
over and over

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw the praise in the OT and was convinced, but if it also has the Salarians stamp of approval I'm sold.

Is... is the Epic Game Store version OK? Is EGS still leaking private info like a sieve.
I thought he was talking about the tv show which apparently has gotten good again

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I woke up with buyer's remorse for that Elite controller this morning lol... It's really cool but not 220$ cool...

Also, I have heard too many horror stories about lack of reliability this week... So I think I'll go get a refund.

Oct 25, 2017
and he seemed to like world didnt he? either the years change us or mhw was different enough, idk
you can never tell when he's just lying and says he likes something because he doesn't want to deal with the fanbase

I just assume if jeff doesn't actively praise a kideo game or tear it to bits, he's just keeping insufferable people at bay. I'd do the same thing

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Ok. Maybe I'm insane, but I have a vivid memory of watching a video, a quicklook maybe? I'm pretty sure it was Brad demoing the game and it was some City builder? Top down, building a city. I was 100% convinced it was City Skylines (I recently got super addicted to it), but I just watched the Quicklook and its not it at all... I don't think..

I remember Brad being amazed by the education system(?) like you can set what you want the kids in school to focus on or something?

Did I dream this ... was it not Giant Bomb... Any ideas GB Pros?

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England

im the opposite
couldnt look any more uninteresting
besides the tech
I actually tend to agree, Super excited for the RTX showcase but the gameplay looks so much like Quantum Break it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth
But the best thing about Quantum Break was the gameplay? or at least the potential it had which seems fully realized in Control. But more than that I am mostly excited about where the game takes place which seems to be a multi-dimensional house of horrors. Very looking forward to exploring it.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
But the best thing about Quantum Break was the gameplay? or at least the potential it had which seems fully realized in Control. But more than that I am mostly excited about where the game takes place which seems to be a multi-dimensional house of horrors. Very looking forward to exploring it.
Wow we played different games, The gameplay to me was vert trite and by the numbers.
I actually dug the setting and story in QB most, I wish they had done better by it though.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I woke up with buyer's remorse for that Elite controller this morning lol... It's really cool but not 220$ cool...

Also, I have heard too many horror stories about lack of reliability this week... So I think I'll go get a refund.
It feels great, but after using mine since launch the grips have started to come off (and it seems to be a pretty common problem). It's still perfectly useable, but kind of annoying for such an expensive product.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Wow we played different games, The gameplay to me was vert trite and by the numbers.
I actually dug the setting and story in QB most, I wish they had done better by it though.
I had a lot of fun connecting a bunch of my abilities into combos. On hard at least you were forced to use everything you had to get by the encounters and it's a shame because it hovers on being very satisfying, like it's almost there but not quite. Not like their other games at least. My take on it was because the encounters were not as interesting as they could have been coupled with a middling story. Actually, the story is only good if you collect the collectibles because they flesh out and give details to a lot of other things within the world. The live action stuff was also eh. Interesting experiment but you could definitely feel that it did not come all together as tightly as their other games did when all is said and done.

Ever since Alan Wake, I hate how they put so much important story/world details in their collectibles. In Alan Wake, it kind of makes sense since Alan is a writer and you find pages of his supposed next book. Still, I did not like it because the manuscript pages had a lot of important details hidden in them.

Last edited:

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I had a lot of fun connecting a bunch of my abilities into combos. On hard at least you were forced to use everything you had to get by the encounters and it's a shame because it hovers on being very satisfying, like it's almost there but not quite. Not like their other games at least. My take on it was because the encounters were not as interesting as they could have been coupled with a middling story. Actually, the story is only good if you collect the collectibles because they flesh out and give details to a lot of other things within the world. The live action stuff was also eh. Interesting experiment but you could definitely feel that it did not come all together as tightly as their other games did when all is said and done.
I don't disagree overall. I actually enjoyed QB but left feeling like it was a disappointment in several ways. for me combat basically distilled down to EXPLODE THING, TIME BUBBLE + BULLETS + DODGE, repeat. None of the powers really felt great to me. I enjoyed the collecting in the game. The live action stuff was super disappointing in AW and Max payne the TV stuff was so much better done and would have preferred that for sure. I have high hopes for Control as I love remedy and really dig their style of doing things. But I have pretty tempered expectations this time.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England

I don't disagree overall. I actually enjoyed QB but left feeling like it was a disappointment in several ways. for me combat basically distilled down to EXPLODE THING, TIME BUBBLE + BULLETS + DODGE, repeat. None of the powers really felt great to me. I enjoyed the collecting in the game. The live action stuff was super disappointing in AW and Max payne the TV stuff was so much better done and would have preferred that for sure. I have high hopes for Control as I love remedy and really dig their style of doing things. But I have pretty tempered expectations this time.
That's more than fair. I enjoy collecting too, actually I edited my comment to note that they do the same thing in QB as they did in Alan Wake and I dislike that. I hope Control is not like that but it seems like a game built for such a thing especially with them saying that not all questions are necessarily going to be answered by the time you finish Control.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Digital trade-ins would be interesting, but I wonder if they actually mean trade-ins way down the line or just refunds shortly after purchase (which as far as I know are still a rare and convoluted process, which kinda goes against the digital age we're entering).

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
New Metro Exodus patch seems great further dlss improvements I really can't tell difference from native 4k and great performance with Ray tracing. Also they fixed the bug where you couldn't use HDR with dlss finally!! Second playthrough now with Dev commentary

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Metro Exodus patch seems great further dlss improvements I really can't tell difference from native 4k and great performance with Ray tracing. Also they fixed the bug where you couldn't use HDR with dlss finally!! Second playthrough now with Dev commentary

Started downloading the patch immediately after seeing the DLSS+HDR fix! Was waiting for that specific fix to continue!

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"isn't he dead? why is he on this list?" i love Ben and anyone who disagrees is objectively wrong. fight me

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Back down with the plebs and the regular white xb1 controller
but hey, got back home in time to the start of the bombcast

Oct 25, 2017
Once they introduce the fantastic four this is Marvel's opportunity to do what they should have done years ago and hire me to make a Peter Parker/Johnny Storm romantic comedy. Do it you cowards!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to watch the premium stream on an Android TV?

Edit: Oh shit the App has live support...niiiice

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I can't get into Sekiro and this is something I could have never imagined.
Maybe it's because I am super stressed out at work and privately at the moment,... :-(

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I saw the praise in the OT and was convinced, but if it also has the Salarians stamp of approval I'm sold.

Is... is the Epic Game Store version OK? Is EGS still leaking private info like a sieve.
it's probably the best thing to come out of telltale since TFTB, anyone who had any emotional investment in TWD season 1 should play it imo

I'm sure the esg version is fine
what's a little data between friends

Twin Tails

Oct 25, 2017
sNwgv1Y.png

jason oestreicher
a man denied his monster energy drinks

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
the jason anywhere system really isn't as scary as the name might have you think

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't get into Sekiro and this is something I could have never imagined.
Maybe it's because I am super stressed out at work and privately at the moment,... :-(
That sounds either the best or the worst time to get into one of these games. Like I can never stop thinking about these games which is sort of good because it means I'm not thinking work stuff etc., but then if I'm supposed to get things done at work I can't really focus because I just keep thinking about that one boss I'm stuck at.

Either way, hopefully things get better for you!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
First I watch the video version of the podcast in forever... Is it a new thing that they have a screen on the table leaning against the logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.