• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• What You Do Will Matter, I Promise

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • I Want To Turn Into A Wolf And Fuck!

Votes: 106 37.3%
  • Business Dave Energy

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Money is Yucky, Milk Is Yummy!

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
On the December 20, 2011 pod, Jeff Gerstmann had a revelation: he likes to see the numbers go up. And it was none other than Star Wars: The Old Republic that made this happen.

Thanks, Bioware.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone help me with a PC audio problem?
I'm not sure how to accurately describe it.
Basically, even on the lowest levels of volume 1/2 out of 100. my headphones are insanely loud.

Which makes it really hard to get the proper volume, or balance things between programs.
I have googled and nothing i've found has worked. Ive looked at the speaker settings, i've looked at my audio card software. I do n't see anything that fixes this issue

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone help me with a PC audio problem?
I'm not sure how to accurately describe it.
Basically, even on the lowest levels of volume 1/2 out of 100. my headphones are insanely loud.

Which makes it really hard to get the proper volume, or balance things between programs.
I have googled and nothing i've found has worked. Ive looked at the speaker settings, i've looked at my audio card software. I do n't see anything that fixes this issue
did you lower the volume on your headphones seperately from your pc?

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
did you lower the volume on your headphones seperately from your pc?
OH lord.
So yeah my headphones don't have volume control.
But there is a high low switch that i have never toggled. it was on high. lol.
Switching to low fixed it.

Thanks this has been bothering me for months and took 5 seconds to fix
thanks kam

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
really want nintendo to release their revised switch soon so i can buy it and mod the shit out of my current one

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Just about! Fun to mod all of your electronics if you can and it's killing me that I can't do my Switch right now since it is the ultimate emulation machine!

I remember modding my Wii U the instant I took it out of the box! The Wii U is another amazing modded machine since it natively plays Gamecube games! Played Timesplitters 2 for the first time there and on the Wii U's screen!

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like "bothering me for months and took 5 seconds to fix" describes many of my problems

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of this season 2 of The Dragon Prince is out and I can't tell if they fixed the frame rate thing or if I've gone insane in a new and very specific way
People said the new season was better than the first so I watched the first 2 episodes and the writing is still terrible. I think we're just used to the frame rate at this point but the 3d models still look and animate like crap compared to traditional 2d animation. What a bizarre show.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I just couldn't bear the writing in TDP. The first ep was so juvenile, I just can't.
Speaking of this season 2 of The Dragon Prince is out and I can't tell if they fixed the frame rate thing or if I've gone insane in a new and very specific way
IIRC yeah, it should be fixed. But Season 1 can't be fixed because it was, uh... animated like that or something? (i.e. they'd have to redo the animations rather than just re-render them or w/e.) Pretty sure the OT covered it at some point.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I think they fixed the framerate, but it looks like they skimped on some of the locations. A few of the new locations looks like absolute shit. Really, quality on locations were all over the place. Some looked like it came straight from an artbook while others look liked an HD remaster of a PS2 game.

Oct 25, 2017
how do you know if you have broken your neck?
I'm not an expert but
a broken neck can be a simple break like any other bone in your body or it can be very severe and can cause paralysis or death. When the bones in your neck break, the nerves of your spinal cord can also get damaged. When this happens, it's referred to as a spinal cord injury. A broken neck is a very serious injury and should be treated as a medical emergency needing immediate attention.
Symptoms of a broken neck

A broken neck is often very painful and may make movement of the head difficult or impossible.
Depending on the level of damage to your spinal cord, it can also affect other parts of your body, such as a difficulty or inability to move your arms and legs. Paralysis may be temporary or permanent.
A person may also feel tingling in their hands and feet and difficulty with balance and walking.

Causes of a broken neck

The causes of a broken neck are usually some sort of trauma, such as a fall or car accident. Very rarely does a stress fracture — a break caused by a constant or repeated stress — occur in the neck.
AD

Diagnosing a neck break

A broken neck can be diagnosed following an X-ray. Neck breaks are very high up on the spinal cord, but if the break also damages your spinal cord, it can affect your entire lower body — everything below the site of the break. Spinal cord injuries resulting from a neck break can be diagnosed by:
  • CT scan
  • MRI scan
  • Somatosensory evoked potential (SSEP), also called magnetic stimulation

How is a broken neck treated?

Treatment for a broken neck is directed by the severity of the break:
  • For a break that doesn't affect the spinal cord, a simple neck brace and rest with some pain management is preferred.
  • If the break is more severe, surgery may be required to fix the bones and set them back into the correct place. A stronger neck brace will be used.
  • For breaks that also damage the spinal cord, options are severely limited. Your spinal cord is unable to heal itself and there are no treatments available yet to fix the spinal cord.
Just some thoughts I randomly had right now tho

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm going to take a break from The Division today and catch up on my DVR.

I'm already Level 20 so I've made good progress and while I'm enjoying the game, I need to stop for a bit lol.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
how do you know if you have broken your neck?
giphy.gif

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I... still don't want to believe Anthem did that. I mean, I don't doubt it--but I'm in denial. It feels like something that would happen in an open world game from a decade ago, rather than a GaaS platform of the modern era.

And like, at a certain point you have to trust that players will just naturally want to hang around because either the gameplay, missions, or rewards are so good that they're willing to do whatever to continue playing. It's a tactic MMOs use, and it can work well when presented appropriately. Like, y'all wouldn't believe the horribly grindy things I do while plying FFXIV... and I enjoy all of it. But just laying the grind out as a checklist is the worst way to do it.

Got a ranty Gertsmann this morning

Jeff's gonna snap when he learns that treasure chests only work for one player (even when grouped). Some folks mentioned it in the Anthem thread.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Got a ranty Gertsmann this morning

The long awaited sequel to

Lots of (dumb) people love stupid mindless grinding in modern games. That's why they're popular.
it's the type of person who insults others for the type of video games they like to play that I'd consider "dumb" imo

Jeff's gonna snap when he learns that treasure chests only work for one player (even when grouped). Some folks mentioned it in the Anthem thread.
B2085-EA0-4-D37-4-A84-982-D-42-C111-DCA91-E.jpg

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of buying Andromeda pre-release and never actually installing/playing it
There are worse fates.

Like preordering Dragon Age 2 after playing the demo, browsing the Shit Mountain OT, and then going on to complete the game. I will never know what I was thinking at the time... I think I'd be a happier person if I had just dropped it.

Oct 29, 2017
Anthem looks really nice though. Shiny Mass Effect suits. Speaking of Bioware I think I want to play this
Baldur's Gate II sitting in my library. Is this peak Bioware?

May 5, 2018
So... I want to talk about Trials Rising. Are there any impressions on this game? Its looking to be my next purchase as I haven't played a Trials in so long and would love to dive in. I might be an idiot and buy this on Switch because even if the control scheme seems not suited for Trials with the Joy-Cons, portable Trials is a good sale pitch.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Anthem looks really nice though. Shiny Mass Effect suits. Speaking of Bioware I think I want to play this
Baldur's Gate II sitting in my library. Is this peak Bioware?
Absolutely. You can see Baldur's Gate 2's roots in everything Bioware is, even today.

If you're intent on playing it, BG1&2 Enhanced Editions are the way to go. I'd recommend playing them in order because the stories are intimately connected. And don't be afraid to mod it--there's a lot of good ones out there.

Deleted member 21

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
There are worse fates.

Like preordering Dragon Age 2 after playing the demo, browsing the Shit Mountain OT, and then going on to complete the game. I will never know what I was thinking at the time... I think I'd be a happier person if I had just dropped it.

Everybody has their "It can't be that bad, right?"-moment at least once in life, don't sweat it

Also what the fuck

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
There's an old Bombcast I listened to semi-recently when Jeff was playing through the Borderlands 1 DLC over the Christmas break and he was in agony over the DLC being roadblocked by "Collect ten pizzas! Collect fifteen pairs of panties!" etc, and I can't help but think of that whenever I see people talk about the grind gate in Anthem. It's an insanely outdated thing to just dump a huge collection of grinding goals, but they really did it. It's so wild.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
So... I want to talk about Trials Rising. Are there any impressions on this game? Its looking to be my next purchase as I haven't played a Trials in so long and would love to dive in. I might be an idiot and buy this on Switch because even if the control scheme seems not suited for Trials with the Joy-Cons, portable Trials is a good sale pitch.

I was in the technical test and closed alphas that ran a while back. Very much enjoyed what I saw, and am eagerly waiting for the game to come out. XBOX will be my primary platform for the game, but I do intend to pick up the switch version as well, because I just *have to know*.

When you say you haven't played a Trials in so long, how long is, 'so long'? Did you play Trials Fusion, or its numerous DLCs?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Does he mention that it's retroactive so for a lot of people, they only had a few things to do before completing it?

Going by the replies, someone mentioned that but said it's glitched to not be retroactive. Obviously not sure who that glitch is hitting/how many people/if it's currently fixed or not, though.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
There's an old Bombcast I listened to semi-recently when Jeff was playing through the Borderlands 1 DLC over the Christmas break and he was in agony over the DLC being roadblocked by "Collect ten pizzas! Collect fifteen pairs of panties!" etc, and I can't help but think of that whenever I see people talk about the grind gate in Anthem. It's an insanely outdated thing to just dump a huge collection of grinding goals, but they really did it. It's so wild.
I remember at the very end of Assassin's Creed 2 when it turns out you had to have collected all those codex pages in the world to proceed further and I nearly ripped my tongue out

May 5, 2018
I was in the technical test and closed alphas that ran a while back. Very much enjoyed what I saw, and am eagerly waiting for the game to come out. XBOX will be my primary platform for the game, but I do intend to pick up the switch version as well, because I just *have to know*.

When you say you haven't played a Trials in so long, how long is, 'so long'? Did you play Trials Fusion, or its numerous DLCs?
I haven't played a Trials game since the very first one. A friend of mine brought his XBOX 360 over to let my brother and I play it. It's been a VERY LONG TIME.

Status
Not open for further replies.