• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• What You Do Will Matter, I Promise

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • I Want To Turn Into A Wolf And Fuck!

Votes: 106 37.3%
  • Business Dave Energy

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Money is Yucky, Milk Is Yummy!

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
u5gaErS.png

bryancranstonmicdrop97kbk.gif

Oct 27, 2017
this is like, actually the opposite lol

Wildlands looks and controls like hot garbage. Division at least animates well, the guns have weight, and there are a fair amount of well designed missions.
I think I had more fun in the big open setting of Wild Lands. The vehicles controlled like shit but were ridiculous in their own way.

Also on the mega rare occasion where my group actually used stealth successfully the game actually felt amazing.

Oct 27, 2017
So here's something off topic but it's been bothering me:

Jim Sterling... I want to watch his videos because the content is usually pretty solid, but his voice actually grates on my ears. Like no joke here, my ears start to hurt listening to his voice. Does this happen to anyone else?

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Xbox One's 1st party output this gen seems to have been pretty meh overall when compared to Nintendo & Sony but next gen should be insane for them w/ all those studio acquisitions.

Also, at least Gears 5 looks promising.

Oct 25, 2017

Jim Sterling... I want to watch his videos because the content is usually pretty solid, but his voice actually grates on my ears. Like no joke here, my ears start to hurt listening to his voice. Does this happen to anyone else?

Nah.

Even if he's doing his joke character bit its just very british

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are you telling me I should look at the previous Metro quick look, because I totally missed whatever you're talking about

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
GB should start quick looking every game twice, once for East and once for West. That way if there are any games I actually want to watch then I can always go for the East version.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
The Metro quick look is just bad, it's not a funny joke like the Black Mesa thing.

To be fair though, i've always found the Metro games interesting but never had fun with them.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Are you telling me I should look at the previous Metro quick look, because I totally missed whatever you're talking about
Nah. Dan just kind of shit on the Metro on in ql and a bunch of people got mad about it.

Edit: It was actually a bad ql irrc since he didn't really explain anything about the changes. Just sort of ranting about how much he hated it for 20 minutes.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Took advantage of what may be the last trade-in promo at Gamestop and got rid of all my "I'm not actually gonna play these am I?" games and ended up with $150 Xbone credit

Might pre-order that MK Premium edition and Metro...

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'll save you a lot of time and pain:

Publishers suck

there, that's every Jimquisition video (I don't even necessarily disagree with his points usually but man he beats that one drum a lot)

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

TheMadMan007

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What was the Black Mesa thing?
They spent the entire QL sarcasticly acting like Black Mesa was a new game and not a fan remake of Half Life. Lots of "Oh man, this game is bad, it seems like something out of 1999" "Boy this seems awfuly familiar but there is no way it could be coping any other game ever" "This seems like a game I played in high school, Life Half? I think that's the name of the game, yeah this seems kinda vaugly like that one game. But that game wasn't popular at all"....

Suff like that. It was stupid and pointless. For someone on the fence about buying it or not at the time, it really sucked just being a joke and not actually informing me if the game was good or bad or unneeded remake or anything. It was just a waste. The outrage was stupid because it's literally one of the most obvious things that of course they are joking around, but it was just dumb and not really funny at all.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Discussion reminds me of the one time someone on the staff was explicitly unhappy with how a Quick Look went. It was some 2D plane game that Ryan and Vinny checked out for a brief period of time. Soon after—I think this was stated on the Bombcast—Jeff saw what it was and wanted to rectify how that QL went by describing the game in better detail.

Ah yes, this one:

Status
Not open for further replies.