• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Money is Yucky, Milk is Yummy!

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • Big Drill Energy

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Opps All Gokus

Votes: 73 34.1%
  • Different Spaghetti

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 45 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only used the easy controls in Ace Combat and then complained that the game felt on rail.

To be fair, Namco did a shit job at naming their control schemes but I feel like if you play a game that has clearly two control methods (you have to pick it before you even get to the main menu on first boot) and you feel like the controls are bad then maybe try the other one?

There there was the Borderlands 2 VR, the Filip crap... Something about God Hand too I think? Don't jnow about that one.

Also this is the dude that reviewed RE2

tweet-1.jpg
IGN be tripping all over themselves.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
courteous of Karspankey
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
tumblr_ormwl5qhjg1rrr948o2_250.gif

Edit:
3 of your friends have joined the VIP Demo through your link.

You have 0 Friend Pass(es) left.

Last edited:

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
With ditching Activision, does Bungie have the same schedule for Destiny or do they have longer gaps?

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Knowing where the Kingdom Hearts III plot goes - holy shit Jason is going to be lost with his approach.

Handa

Nov 14, 2018
So i haven't read all pages of the thread and am still playing catch up, but has anyone else noticed a new resurgence in energy on the giant bombcast?

I don't know if its because Jeff is on hosting duties or everyone is just rejuvenated after the holidays, but the last handful of episodes have crackled with banter that had been kinda missing lately. Kinda felt towards the latter part of last year the west coast guys were just not super feeling it, and it had a much more sleepier pace compared to beast cast.

Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this? Maybe i just really am enjoying hearing Jeff host.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I just think that Jeff's a bit preppier than Brad and that translates differently. I'd say Brad hosting is more of a 6PM news casting while Jeff's more of 7AM one. Both dope in their own ways.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's about time they relieve Brad from hosting duties for... the foreseeable future. Give him a break from that. I think a shake-up in hosting would go a long way.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only half-way through and will check the rest later but I was thinking this one was kinda rough going. I find Bombcasts a bit hard to get through if either Jeff or Brad aren't there. The whole coffee enemas and Goroatse is just not my thing.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My unbroken streak of not listening to the Bombcast is closing in on the year mark if you don't count GotY

I just don't have the time to dedicate to both when there's lots of other podcasts I enjoy more. It's just too slow for my taste. It'd be interesting to know if listenership is down, honestly.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
My unbroken streak of not listening to the Bombcast is closing in on the year mark if you don't count GotY

I just don't have the time to dedicate to both when there's lots of other podcasts I enjoy more. It's just too slow for my taste. It'd be interesting to know if listenership is down, honestly.
What other podcasts have you been listening to? I'm mostly sticking to Bombcast out of habit at this point but I wouldn't mind swapping it out with something else. I need something for commute time killing.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but you're you.

This week's bombcast was pretty damn good.
Haven't listened to it yet but last weeks was one of the worst in years aside from the Pitchford stuff
What other podcasts have you been listening to? I'm mostly sticking to Bombcast out of habit at this point but I wouldn't mind swapping it out with something else. I need something for commute time killing.
There are pretty much no other good video game podcasts aside from the bombcast and beastcast. I listen to Splitscreen but...it's never been especially great and I don't like the new host much.

RIP Besties

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I just only listen live and constantly forget to listen live

anyway tonight I spent an hour doing 2 attempts of this DQ postgame boss - I quit the second not even 20 minutes in - and I still have no idea if they're more powerful than me or not, because they just summon a ton of allies and make everyone start dancing and it takes fucking forever to try to turn the tides

I even had a much much more strategic approach the second time but slipped up a bit and

dancing hell

I'm gonna try again tomorrow night and try to be even more careful with how I shut that shit down from the start...

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao you peice of shit. well done. a crime well gone

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Well I meant other types of podcasts but specifically games the only other one I listen to outside of the Beastcast is Waypoint, who produce so many podcasts now it's more about reading the episode descriptions and deciding if I like the cast and am interested in the topics being discussed. It's weird and imperfect in both good and bad ways.

More generally I love any movie podcast Amy Nicholson hosts (Unspooled, The Canon) as she's an incredible movie critic and is both absolutely fantastic to listen to and as good an interviewer as I've ever heard to boot. She gets some killer interviews on Unspooled in particular. Freddie Roach on the Rocky one and Peter Bogdanovich on The Last Picture Show one to name a few. Each episode of both tend to be them diving into a single classic film for an hour plus. Theyre great, and mostly because of her. She also did an eight episode history of the Halloween movies called Halloween Unmasked that interviews all the major players and is generally great.

Hit Parade is a monthly music Slate podcast about hit songs and how genres and bands broke into and out of chart success. It's a one man podcast but it's filled with music clips and it's a pretty excellent way to discover some music history and some new-to-you music as well.

Disgraceland is a sort of mash-up of a music and true crime podcast that covers the more sorrid stories in music history from Norwegian black metal to Jerry Lee Lewis (I didn't know how incredibly horrible he is, and I mean horrible in a way that's almost unfathomable). It's hosted and produced by a musician so it's got great production and sound design to boot.

Those would be some of the best ones I've found in the last six months or so, anyways.

Last edited:

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
There are pretty much no other good video game podcasts aside from the bombcast and beastcast. I listen to Splitscreen but...it's never been especially great and I don't like the new host much.

RIP Besties
I mostly look forward to Beastcast and EZA's stuff for gaming content.

Well I meant other types of podcasts but specifically games the only other one I listen to outside of the Beastcast is Waypoint, who produce so many podcasts now it's more about reading the episode descriptions and deciding if I like the cast and am interested in the topics being discussed. It's weird and imperfect in both good and bad ways.

More generally I love any movie podcast Amy Nicholson hosts (Unspooled, The Canon) as she's an incredible movie critic and is both absolutely fantastic to listen to and as good an interviewer as I've ever heard to boot. She gets some killer interviews on Unspooled in particular. Freddie Roach on the Rocky one and Peter Bogdonovich on The Last Picture Show one to name a few. Each episode of both tend to be them diving into a single classic film for an hour plus. Theyre great, and mostly because of her.

Hit Parade is a monthly music Slate podcast about hit songs and how genres and bands broke into and out of chart success. It's a one man podcast but it's filled with music clips and it's a pretty excellent way to discover some music history and some new to you music as well.

Disgraceland is a sort of mash-up of a music and true crime podcast that covers the more sorrid stories in music history from Norwegian death metal to Jerry Lee Lewis (I didn't know how incredibly horrible he is, and I mean horrible in a way that's almost unfathomable). It's hosted and produced by a musician so it's got great production and sound design to boot.

Those would be some of the best ones I've found in the last six months or so, anyways.
Thanks for the detailed runthrough! I don't have the interest in music or movies as I do games, but honestly a good presentation or group cohesion would be enough to hook me so I'm willing to try them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.