• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
This thread made me imagine what it would be like if Jeff hosted an EZA press conference live reaction show.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Hype levels and cynicism/neutralism somewhere in between GB and Easy Allies would suit me perfectly.

Any recommendations?

waypoint, but they don't do live reactions, only podcast post-reactions

I agree, ive only been into giant bomb for 4 years since 2015 but when I try to explain it to my friends they look at me like I have two heads. Like "you watch people talk about video games?"

i feel pretty much the same way about normal commercial television lol so i guess its just inverse

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I don't follow Giant Bomb year round, but always come back for E3 season. Their night segments are hilarious.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Like why do they hate video games, man

It just hurts
lORY3k1.gif

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
I totally forgot about when Jeff joined that mixer show for e3. Christ that was a thing, wasn't it

Nov 14, 2017
Just got into Giant Bomb last year so I've never really watched their E3 coverage. Excited to check it out this year. Is it just live streams or do they post them as podcasts too?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Just got into Giant Bomb last year so I've never really watched their E3 coverage. Excited to check it out this year. Is it just live streams or do they post them as podcasts too?
Live streams at first with lengthy breaks between segments, then those get edited down into videos and podcast form the following morning.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
I seriously don't get the "GB ARE SO JADED" shit. Like they don't lose their shit for every single game but almost every conference they have something good to say and it's more MTS3K level riffing than anything.

Also they've been at it for what? Over 25 years? Let 'em be a little reserved.

May 5, 2018
Man, my work schedule sucks. I might be able to listen to the Microsoft and Ubisoft press conferences via YouTube on my phone while working. Weirdly enough the place I work at banned GB from their internet network. Yet a more vulgar but pretty informative website like the Jimquisition is totally ok. Also Nintendo is completely banned from my employer's network too.

Also I won't be able to see that Nintendo Direct in its entirety live this week. Will have to see the other half on an archive.

Last edited:

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gita Jackson will be on the couch in one of the nite shows, that's great!

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the night shows start at 10 PM here on the east coast and can run past 3 AM occasionally.
East coaster as well, and I've gotten into the habit of watching the previous night's show after work the next day.

I do appreciate that they split the videos up per segment, though. I used to digest their E3 shows in podcast form, and it just got to be too much. Last year I probably skipped about a third of them.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
East coaster as well, and I've gotten into the habit of watching the previous night's show after work the next day.

I do appreciate that they split the videos up per segment, though. I used to digest their E3 shows in podcast form, and it just got to be too much. Last year I probably skipped about a third of them.
Yeah, that's sensible. Previously I'd reschedule myself so I could do shifts from like noon-8 or 2-10 and just adjust everything, but your way is probably better.

That's great. I really liked her on the podcast her and Patrick had before Waypoint and really hadn't seen much from her sense.
Match 3 was great!

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
i've come to realise i look forward to giant bomb @ e3 more than i do e3 itself. even boring showcases become great with those guys.
It's the combination of E3 + GB events + outside game announcements + every other game site I like going all out that does it for me. It's a ton of fun to see all these people interact and even if I don't care about the vast majority of announcements, the energy and excitement is infectious. Greatest time to be playing video games etc etc

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
in my neck of the woods most of the events start at like 6am and then conferences are ongoing until like midday, and then the streams go until... god, I don't know. it's usually not worth catching live, but if I can I try and do it.

Hell, I might take one day off next week and just chill with ya'll. It'll probably be okay for one day. I'll be in the middle of a charity fast in any event...

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

I'm a madman and end up watching them live and going to work sleep-deprived, usually supplementing with and evening nap.

MickeyKnox

Oct 28, 2017
It's the combination of E3 + GB events + outside game announcements + every other game site I like going all out that does it for me. It's a ton of fun to see all these people interact and even if I don't care about the vast majority of announcements, the energy and excitement is infectious. Greatest time to be playing video games etc etc
Giantbomb E3 is a live streamed party full of people who don't all get to see each other outside of that yearly party, so it's always a joy to watch.