• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
November is going to be serious popcorn time re: Stadia. It's gonna disappoint.

In what sense?

Given the generally amazed E3 impressions with Doom Eternal, I think the technology side is going to work. People who are hostile to game streaming are going to have to oppose it on political/ideological grounds (which won't work).

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
In what sense?

Given the generally amazed E3 impressions with Doom Eternal, I think the technology side is going to work. People who are hostile to game streaming are going to have to oppose it on political/ideological grounds (which won't work).

Lol. For the states maybe. My country is shit out of luck

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In what sense?

It wouldn't be the first time a product/service gets positive impressions at E3 only to end up being a dud

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
It wouldn't be the first time a product/service gets positive impressions at E3 only to end up being a dud

I'm just trying to get an impression of whether the poster thinks cloud streaming will flop because the tech doesn't work, or because customers will reject it, or because it doesn't have game support etc.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
I've watched about two-thirds of the night shows, and am going to wrap it up tonight with the final segment of Day 3. Would watch them all, but there's really sooooooo much, and at least I have an idea of which ones I can easily skip (looking at you, Forza devs!). A lot of really good stuff, as usual. The Respawn couch was a genuine surprise, and in particular the dude in the middle - McCoy, I think - was hysterical. The Stadia/Doom segment has been the only real negative (and not because of the guys from id!)

My overall favorites have been the LangDang/Boyes/Kalman/etc. segment (for laughs and overall entertainment value) and Hutchinson/Maggs/Antonio (in terms of insight and quality of the discussion). I'm totally with Jeff at the end of that, I'm really excited about all three of those games (JTTSP, Control, 12 Min) and their talk held a lot of value for me. Good stuff from the Bithell/Gallup/Krankel couch as well.

My general takeaway is that the interviews with 1-3 guests foster the most interesting discussions, while the full couches lend themselves more for mayhem. Generally they've gotten it just about right, although there were a few times the couch got a bit too crowded and a flow never really developed. I was hoping for more out of the segment with Chris Avellone and Cara Ellison - those two specifically as DL2 and VTM:BL2 are among my most-wanted games next year - and that's one where I felt the discussion was a bit disjointed and meandering.

Overall, though, I think I've gotten more out of the night shows as a whole than I have in years past. Alex did a great job lining up those guests and Jeff held it all together amazingly as always.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I've watched about two-thirds of the night shows, and am going to wrap it up tonight with the final segment of Day 3. Would watch them all, but there's really sooooooo much, and at least I have an idea of which ones I can easily skip (looking at you, Forza devs!). A lot of really good stuff, as usual. The Respawn couch was a genuine surprise, and in particular the dude in the middle - McCoy, I think - was hysterical. The Stadia/Doom segment has been the only real negative (and not because of the guys from id!)

My overall favorites have been the LangDang/Boyes/Kalman/etc. segment (for laughs and overall entertainment value) and Hutchinson/Maggs/Antonio (in terms of insight and quality of the discussion). I'm totally with Jeff at the end of that, I'm really excited about all three of those games (JTTSP, Control, 12 Min) and their talk held a lot of value for me. Good stuff from the Bithell/Gallup/Krankel couch as well.

My general takeaway is that the interviews with 1-3 guests foster the most interesting discussions, while the full couches lend themselves more for mayhem. Generally they've gotten it just about right, although there were a few times the couch got a bit too crowded and a flow never really developed. I was hoping for more out of the segment with Chris Avellone and Cara Ellison - those two specifically as DL2 and VTM:BL2 are among my most-wanted games next year - and that's one where I felt the discussion was a bit disjointed and meandering.

Overall, though, I think I've gotten more out of the night shows as a whole than I have in years past. Alex did a great job lining up those guests and Jeff held it all together amazingly as always.
Bolded I definitely agree with. The segment with Drew, all we got was an update that he finished a big project, but nothin' else. I loved that segment, but I do agree sometimes the full 6 seaters can lose the value of the guests by not giving them the space to speak.