• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
omg from that other thread lmao

dujzrxm.png

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Ah well... I went to the eShop to buy Cadence of Hyrule but I just saw that there's also a new Leasure Suit Larry game that came out today so... Checkmate Nintendo... Fuck Cadence...

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I remember listening to 1Up e3 podcasts in 2006 and 2007 talking about how empty it was and that it would be dead in the next year or two.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, didn't they have a major restructuring of E3 around that time? All appointments offsite for press at hotels and so on?
Yes, but the games press has been doom and gloom about e3 every year for one reason or another for over a decade. Really putting in the groundwork so that they can say "I called it 20 years ago" whenever it actually does go away.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I swear people have been talking about the death of E3 for 10 years now. Sick of hearing about it. Same conversation every year.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but the games press has been doom and gloom about e3 every year for one reason or another for over a decade. Really putting in the groundwork so that they can say "I called it 20 years ago" whenever it actually does go away.
Not exactly the same thing but I'm so fucking tired of the narrative we get every single years of all the journalists dreading and complaining about E3 in the months leading up to it as if it's some kind of Everest to climb... Like seriously...stfu...

We get it, it's long days... You're gonna be tired...

It's also only like 1 week in the whole year and you get to see and do a ton of cool shit....

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Please excuse me for my daily

91sn32Q.jpg

I'm cleaning up some space on my HDD to re-install Horizon 4 and some game sizes are a bit of a head scratchers...

Like A Plague Tale is 40gb? I guess it's not that impressive these days and it is a high production value game so the assets will be bigger than other games but still.. It's a linear somewhat short game.

The worst tho in the ones I have installed right now is Anno 1800 weighing 35gb??? It's a 2d RTS game... Like what is taking that much space in there?!?

Anyway... Back to enjoying great games!

On a different subject... Anybody watched the new Black Mirror season? How was it?

Last edited:

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I've heard Gerstmann has had some hands on time with Jedi Fallen Order. Has he talked about this yet anywhere? Or is that still coming?

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017

91sn32Q.jpg

I'm cleaning up some space on my HDD to re-install Horizon 4 and some game sizes are a bit of a head scratchers...

Like A Plague Tale is 40gb? I guess it's not that impressive these days and it is a high production value game so the assets will be bigger than other games but still.. It's a linear somewhat short game.

The worst tho in the ones I have installed right now is Anno 1800 weighing 35gb??? It's a 2d RTS game... Like what is taking that much space in there?!?

On a different subject... Anybody watched the new Black Mirror season? How was it?

I've seen one episode of the new season so far, S05E02 - Smithereens. I really enjoyed it, 8/10, I posted my more detailed thoughts on it in the regular GB Era thread a while ago, on mobile so I can't easily search for the post.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

91sn32Q.jpg

I bought an Xbox One S on black friday because I was looking for a 4K Blu-Ray machine, got gamepass, and thought "I should try halo 5 for 20 minutes to remind myself why I haven't cared about Halo in a decade", saw that the download was nearly 100 gigs, and said "nah"
Games on the One are gigantic in a way that they aren't on PS4 for some reason

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the DF video on Witcher 3 Switch and man it looks rough... Of course this is not surprising but man... ouch

It also reminds me that Witcher 3 is one of my biggest gaming "shame"... I have the game and all the DLCs and I kinda really want to play it cause it does look amazing but I could just never get hooked properly... Like I got to the big city in my playthrough but then fell off and could never get back in and it bumms me out because I feel like I'm missing some much good stuff.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still sensibly chuckling that people are ok with the Switch version of the game being their first experience with it.

S E N S I B L E C H U C K L E

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I bought an Xbox One S on black friday because I was looking for a 4K Blu-Ray machine, got gamepass, and thought "I should try halo 5 for 20 minutes to remind myself why I haven't cared about Halo in a decade", saw that the download was nearly 100 gigs, and said "nah"
Games on the One are gigantic in a way that they aren't on PS4 for some reason
Isn't doom 2016 like a hundred gigs or something? File sizes could be a lot smaller I just think most devs don't care.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just getting through last night's Google + id Software segment. It would have been so easy for Jeff to call him out on his home looking like a game museum or him collecting a lot of rare games.

And now he's talking about emerging markets where consoles might be too expensive, where Stadia will somehow be more accessible? Right.

Also the moment Jeff asks him about bandwidth caps, he completely locked up and tried to diverge so hard. Gotta read back on what others thought.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Watching the DF video on Witcher 3 Switch and man it looks rough... Of course this is not surprising but man... ouch

It also reminds me that Witcher 3 is one of my biggest gaming "shame"... I have the game and all the DLCs and I kinda really want to play it cause it does look amazing but I could just never get hooked properly... Like I got to the big city in my playthrough but then fell off and could never get back in and it bumms me out because I feel like I'm missing some much good stuff.

I fell off of it really hard and never went back. :/

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's similar to the narrative around consoles not sticking around that was all over the place at the start of this gen.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I fell off of it really hard and never went back. :/

I've tried multiple times. I've even played on Hard (or Death's March or w/e it is people recommend for 'good' combat) and just... something never clicks with me. I want to love the game, everything about the idea of it and the setting is super up my alley, but I just flat out cannot get into it.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Catching up from last night and holy shit this 5th segment is wild. I also need to reach out to the guy I know working on Wattam and ask where the fuck Wattam is.