• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think E3 was bad this year, but I wouldn't describe it as amazing either. I think each conference had maybe one or two things I was interested in (with the exception of Nintendo, but that is a very personal response and not meant to say the Nintendo conference was bad or anything), but ONLY one or two things.

Microsoft gave us Spiritfarer, which is probably the new-to-me game I'm most excited for, and Tales of Arise. Bethesda gave us Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo. PC conference had Planet Zoo. Ubisoft had Watch Dogs Legion. Square had FF7R. (Animal Crossing would be neat for me except that I never actually finished New Leaf or even came close, so I worry I'll eventually bounce off this one as well.)

There were a bunch of other games announced/revisited that I thought were shockers, but not necessarily something I was interested in personally. The Witcher 3 coming to Switch was the biggest announcement of this type, with Phantasy Star Online 2 a close second.

Oct 25, 2017
They're saying absolutely nothing about this fucking game.
--
Wait okay
Only one of each hero at a time
Promising many costumes
Teasing Stan Lee cameo (maybe?)
---
They talked about how there are Avenger's of all different ethnicities which makes that trailer just like a little bit worse honestly.
--
basically they wasted everybody's time and just repeated the same bland talking point about man we really love the avengers

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
The Avengers game looks...weird. I'm not saying you have to slavishly replicate the MCU but when the reason these characters are huge in the zeitgeist is those portrayals, having Captain America and Thor in particular feel and sound nothing like their on-screen counterparts is a frustrating whiff.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
E3 rankings(best to worst)

Nintendo

KkKxnIQ.gif

Microsoft

lYMD7DV.gif

Square Enix

osCTCmC.gif

Bethesda

1BiN00O.gif

Ubisoft

uWmdV8Q.gif
Perfect.

Nintendo Directs seem better to me every year. Just cut the fat!

Oct 25, 2017
The Avengers game looks...weird. I'm not saying you have to slavishly replicate the MCU but when the reason these characters are huge in the zeitgeist is those portrayals, having Captain America and Thor in particular feel and sound nothing like their on-screen counterparts is a frustrating whiff.
My problem with it is that it's edging too close to the MCU.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wild e3 prediction, Dan is leaving GB, announced at end of final night show. He is going to write for the WWE.

this wont happen, and I would be infinitely sad if it did

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they should have at least made one of those first announced Avengers someone different?

would push it further from the MCU and give some amount of vague justification for going over the characters so much last night

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they should have at least made one of those first announced Avengers someone different?

would push it further from the MCU and give some amount of vague justification for going over the characters so much last night
Or at least weirder? Give me Ant-Man or Doctor Strange, show me that the gameplay could be more than third person combat-action

Oct 25, 2017
Or at least weirder? Give me Ant-Man or Doctor Strange, show me that the gameplay could be more than third person combat-action
Exactly I would have loved to see some someone atypical or somebody at least only comic fans would really know like Jack of Hearts or something. Basically anyting to make it feel like something other than the first avengers movie with some numbers filed off.
--
Also who decided to dress Hank Pym like he was off brand Star-Lord.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
There is no GB content for the rest of the week outside of nite show, my first e3 3, and the VLOGs, right? It's still a lot, but I don't want to miss out on any other livestreams.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
SMM2 is GOTY. THe levels on the treehouse right now are great and they're just a couple of the story levels.

Edit: As soon as I say this, they show an underwater level to collect 100 coins. So much for GOTY...