• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Some more info on Gods and Monsters here:

kotaku.com

Gods & Monsters Is A New Ubisoft Game That's Like Zelda With Greek Mythology

Somehow, the makers of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey are deep in development on a game that looks like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild crossed with Greek myth. It’s a big surprise, especially because the makers of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey just shipped a 100+ hour game last October and now...
Sounds cool.

I wish literally any of that was at the conference.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Also Ben... Sorry but... man if he does not want to make the biggest joke every 5 minutes and in 99% of the time he fails so hard.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some more info on Gods and Monsters here:

kotaku.com

Gods & Monsters Is A New Ubisoft Game That's Like Zelda With Greek Mythology

Somehow, the makers of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey are deep in development on a game that looks like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild crossed with Greek myth. It’s a big surprise, especially because the makers of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey just shipped a 100+ hour game last October and now...

It sounds really interesting. I love the colorful and fantastical look. Very nice change of pace from Ubisoft's normal realistic style.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Also on the topic of sleeping in I had a hell of a time sleeping till I remembered to turn on my white noise machine.

Literal life savers those are.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Square is the only conference besides Bethesda I'm interested in this go-round and I'm going to miss it because I have to work a bit late and will be commuting while it's on.

Excited for FFVII and to see what Avengers is, at least.

2020 seems to be getting all the big games out early in the year, so aside from new consoles, I don't know that E3 will be much better next year. Sony will probably just do its own thing for the PS5 reveal. I imagine they're done with E3 all together.

But man oh man 2019 E3 has been a "it's a transition year, here's some CG" blowout.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Which is the more appropriate GOTY category for this year?

"Please Stop: CG Trailers for Games Coming out in Less than a Year"

or

"Please Stop: Terminator Crossovers"

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From a PC Gamer Preview of Legion, it sounds like there will basically be 20 different character styles in W_D Legion.

It's not magic, this NPC recruitment system, but it does offer a very detailed simulation, and it makes Watch Dogs Legion feel like it's genuinely innovating. I ask creative director Clint Hocking how many variations and voice actors there are. "That's a complicated question just by itself. We've recorded 20 different what we call 'narrative personas', and those narrative personas all have their own lines written, so it's not just different voices saying the same stuff. They all have different personalities, perspectives and viewpoints, and those are combined with all the other things, the physical animation archetypes and all of that stuff. But roughly, there's 20 major characterisations across the game." That means your recruits will react differently in cutscenes, and that it's much more than just an appearance swap.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
stop the terminator crossovers because folks need to stop pandering to the dan demographic

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Man... With the base game of Elders Scroll Online being super cheap (around 10$ on sale) I'm kinda tempted in trying it out never having played the game at all?

Not sure I really want to get back into an mmo tho

As someone who loves Morrowind it was fun to see that recreated but it's kinda average otherwise and inventory management is a nightmare without subscribing.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
D8utIZmWsAAtdPE

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This E3 has really been a huge bummer, but I guess that's normal when we are coming close to the end for the older consoles.

Perhaps next year will kick into high gear.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Inflammatory Language; System Warring
I wonder if Nintendo has as bad a showing if the Nincels are going to hail it as the best press conference ever, or try to crucify Miyamoto.