• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Mentioned in the other thread about the whole interview but since Game Informer cut the segment into its own video, and how we're starved for Infinite news, I figured it was worth noting on its own.

Even calls out the art direction getting back to the roots of Halo with a cleaner design, "visually impressive and more expansive".

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
No matter how impressive or grand this game is, it will always have the stigma of what it COULD have been if they didn't do an xbone version.

Edit: I wasn't looking at my phone much today so I didn't realize how many people responded to this. In my head when I wrote the above it was meant in a way to say there would always be people who will complain about it being cross gen, no matter how amazing the game looks or plays. I wasn't stating I feel that way.

AlthoughI do, but only because I know what is compromised under the hood in gross gen projects ;)

Last edited:

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
The interview is about 30 mins and it is really great. Everything about Halo Infinite sounds amazing so far...i'll be there day one.

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC
No matter how impressive or grand this game is, it will always have the stigma of what it COULD have been if they didn't do an xbone version.

This is such an illogical take. You haven't seen the game nor know anything about it, but somehow have found a way to criticize it before even seeing gameplay.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

its certainly something thats on my mind - especially if infinite is built and designed as the "platform" for halo next gen.

This is such an illogical take. You haven't seen the game nor know anything about it, but somehow have found a way to criticize it before even seeing gameplay.

i dont think so at all. next gen's CPU jump alone should allow designers to create things simply not possible for this gen. halo infinite seemingly wont be able to do that.

Peek-a-boo!

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I'll be there day one.

13000.jpg

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For me the dream would be if they go back to one of the very first looks we got at Halo

Huge open level, tactical engagements, squads etc.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

Even calls out the art direction getting back to the roots of Halo with a cleaner design, "visually impressive and more expansive".
I'm really looking forward to this game, this isn't the first time they have talked about going back to the roots of Halo, they have even used the second mission in Halo CE as an example and that is one of the more memorable missions in the entire series.

26661.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Well, you know it will be compared to other games. This is especially the case since it will be releasing around the time next gen games launch. I think the fact that it has X1 as its base will be relevant to that eventual discussion.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I dont really care about the single player. If the multiplayer is as bad as 4 and 5 then it will be as dead as 5 currently is.
Halo 5 is dead? It's currently #32 in Australia, and if you include the fact that the player base is split between it and MCC (currently #33) and the fact it's currently a four year old game (the longest a Halo game has gone without a sequel) then I'd say it's in a pretty good place right now for the situation it's in. The fact that it's so high despite not having a content release in the last two or so years is a testament to how good it is.

Hell, it's even beating out MCC (just) despite the fact that MCC gets themed events and an upcoming addition in a few months (though I expect once Reach gets added that'll change).

You may think Halo 5's MP is bad but that doesn't mean everyone else does. In fact I'd argue, based on the current player stat's, that the split between modern and classic Halo fans is pretty evenly split right now.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
'Dead' in gamer language means 'i don't pay attention to it, so it must be meaningless' as much as anything.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Halo 5 is dead? It's currently #32 in Australia, and if you include the fact that the player base is split between it and MCC (currently #33) and the fact it's currently a four year old game (the longest a Halo game has gone without a sequel) then I'd say it's in a pretty good place right now for the situation it's in. The fact that it's so high despite not having a content release in the last two or so years is a testament to how good it is.

Hell, it's even beating out MCC (just) despite the fact that MCC gets themed events and an upcoming addition in a few months (though I expect once Reach gets added that'll change).

You may think Halo 5's MP is bad but that doesn't mean everyone else does. In fact I'd argue, based on the current player stat's, that the split between modern and classic Halo fans is pretty evenly split right now.

Most reviews said the campaign wasn't very good but the multiplayer was fantastic. Go figure.

Yup, it baffles me how a brand new next-gen engine can possibly run on an OG Xbox One, but we'll find out I guess...

This concerns me too and the hard questions should be asked if the OG Xbox One is holding back the game at all. Of course they will deny it but maybe the game will only run 30fps and 720p on it. I kind of figured this is where the power of the cloud would come in or xCloud to play it on the OG Xbox One

Oct 17, 2018

Holy shit it's actually currently #31 lmao. How do you think that is good? It has less players than fucking Fallout 76, Battlefield 5, and Smite for Gods sake. That is not an achievement when Halo should be top 10 at the very least, even after years of its release.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
SoT of scales crazily based on the PC you are running it on. The real kicker will be numbers of AI imo. Wouldn't surprise me if Scarlett/PC has considerably more baddies. Halo 5 threw a lot at the screen at times on base X1, with attendant trade offs.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Isn't the game designed to scale based on platform? Like a PC.
No matter what kind of scaling they do, there's no way it being on a 1tflop machine with weak CPUs doesn't hold the game back. Like you can scale down graphical fidelity and lower resolution and fps but the advancements in AI, physics, the number of people on screen etc would all be held back by a weak Xbox One.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Why can pc take advantage of better CPUs... But somehow developers can't do it on console?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I sometimes thought like this but when you look at open world games we have today, what are we expecting can't be done? Destruction, enemy numbers which could be a disparity between platforms but still maintain a similar game.

If it does have a long tail they could do what Destiny didn't and cut off players when they expand the game a year later or so, open up new areas, scenarios, really hope there is new single player content after launch.

What if it's xcloud on Xbox One only :p I doubt it.

I just think it's easy to think One will drag it down but there is so many things they could tone down and tweak but the core game remains fundamentally the same across two platforms.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Holy shit it's actually currently #31 lmao. How do you think that is good? It has less players than fucking Fallout 76, Battlefield 5, and Smite for Gods sake. That is not an achievement when Halo should be top 10 at the very least, even after years of its release.
You really have no idea how good that number is huh? In 07, twitter didn't exist, Reddit wasn't huge and games didn't need to stay relevant. Didn't need to constantly be updating.

I'm sure your comparing halo 3s comparative rank to other games in 07. It was like #1. But in today's world, you need updates. People need to be talking about the game. Halo 5 has been unsupported now for a while. Considering all the games you mentioned are still supported to this day and are still relevant on msg boards, I don't get the point of your post.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Y'all in here acting like a game in 2019 can't scale? Or are you really not paying attention to PC versions vs console versions on today's machines?

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
All the games you just listed are either recent releases or have had content releases within the last few months. You're comparing a 4 year old game with no content for the last 2-3 and a game that is a direct competitor on the market (Halo vs Halo). I would say Halo 5 is far from dead.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I kind of figured this is where the power of the cloud would come in
But imagine if the game has an online only tag, the outrage would be BIG.
People is still pretty dumb regarding this always online thing, even if you tell them that the game will be 10 times better thanks to cloud computing they wouldnt understand.
So yes, Halo Infinite will be held back by OG Xone, unless they go back to 30 fps for campaign, but i doubt it.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
But imagine if the game has an online only tag, the outrage would be BIG.
People is still pretty dumb regarding this always online thing, even if you tell them that the game will be 10 times better thanks to cloud computing they wouldnt understand.
So yes, Halo Infinite will be held back by OG Xone, unless they go back to 30 fps for campaign, but i doubt it.

Y'all have no clue what goes into this new engine to be so definitive.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Exited!
Really really really hope that the game won't be comprised because of being cross gen.

I would have put all my effort into next gen and forgot everything associated with name Xbox one.

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont really care about the single player. If the multiplayer is as bad as 4 and 5 then it will be as dead as 5 currently is.
lol , Halo 5 is renowned for its brilliant multi.

343i know it's fantastic as Bonnie Ross said they think they delivered on the multiplayer gameplay, but failed horribly on SP, which is the general consensus.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017

Except Halo 5 MP isn't bad. To have the audacity to include it in the same sentence as Halo 4's despicable trash is triggering me right now.

Yes the MP is definitely amazing, that's why the competitive scene is thriving, right?

The game is 4 years old. The hell are you expecting.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Isn't the game designed to scale based on platform? Like a PC.
Yes, people seem not understand that though.
They expect it to be a generational leap, which it will not be. It will improve performance. Games will largely look the same though.
We are already seen what next gen consoles will do in terms of skin shading/lighting /reflections and it definitely isn't small. Devs will never choose performance for the launch of a next gen consoles over more detail.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
Yes, people seem not understand that though.
We are already seen what next gen consoles will do in terms of skin shading/lighting /reflections and it definitely isn't small. Devs will never choose performance for the launch of a next gen consoles over more detail.
Not from what I'm hearing from promotional material and interviews re: PS5 wired article