• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
For the full year, Ubisoft is currently planning to release five AAA titles: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, Watch Dogs: Legion, Gods & Monsters, Rainbow Six Quarantine, and one more unannounced franchise.

Three of these, including Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, are planned for Q3, while the other two are planned for Q4.

It is also still planning non-AAA releases like Roller Champions.
www.gamesindustry.biz

Ubisoft prepares for rebound with five AAA titles planned this fiscal year

A rocky year of delays and lowered revenues for Ubisoft is finally over, with the publisher releasing its Q4 and full-y…

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking forward to Gods & Monsters quite a bit even though we've barely seen it.

mtel

Oct 29, 2017
Far Cry 6 for the unannounced franchise based on what Jason Schreier has said. Presuming that's 2021, then it means that either R6: Quarantine or Gods and Monsters are coming this year.

Maybe Quarantine is bumped (or maybe just gets a name change) because of current situation?

Although with the difficulties G&M is rumoured to have gone through (was apparently in rough shape last E3 and Mike Laidlaw who was working on it has now left Ubi Quebec), that might more likely be next year's title.

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, not sure I realized Gods & Monsters was AAA.

Whatever happened to Skull and Bones?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played the last two AC games even though I own them. Might skip right to Valhalla. Very interested in WD: Legion after playing the second game and definitely have Gods & Monsters on my radar. I didn't realize it was AAA. I thought it was a smaller scale game.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
The fifth is FarCry 6 confirmed by Jason Schreier, don't expect a new IP or something like that.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only interested in AC & WD. Still, massive games to look forward to.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Far Cry 6 for the unannounced franchise based on what Jason Schreier has said. Presuming that's 2021, then it means that either R6: Quarantine or Gods and Monsters are coming this year.

Maybe Quarantine is bumped (or maybe just gets a name change) because of current situation?

Although with the difficulties G&M is rumoured to have gone through (was apparently in rough shape last E3 and Mike Laidlaw who was working on it has now left Ubi Quebec), that might more likely be next year's title.
Gods and Monsters only entered production in late 2018 after shipping AC Odyssey. I would hope that it's pushed back to Q4 to give Ubi Quebec as much time as possible.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

Siege launches in December 2015 so I could see another December for quarantine

October- assassins creed
November - watch dogs
December- quarantine
Feb- Gods and monsters
March- Far cry

Mashdyno

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Dissapointing if the unannounced game is FarCry 6. After New Dawn I was hoping they would take a break and reboot it. The series desperately needs it IMO.

mtel

Oct 29, 2017
Gods and Monsters only entered production in late 2018 after shipping AC Odyssey. I would hope that it's pushed back to Q4 to give Ubi Quebec as much time as possible.

Hope this is the case - plus I worry about it being buried in the fall next to WD and AC, plus any other cross/next-gen games

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Assassin's Creed and Far Cry are already confirmed and they'll be able to release them on additional platforms. Ubisoft gonna be swimming in cash.

I'm guessing Gods & Monsters and Far Cry are Q4 and Watch Dogs and Rainbow Six are the other Q3 releases.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Interesting, not sure I realized Gods & Monsters was AAA.

Whatever happened to Skull and Bones?
Sea of Thieves? Granted Skull and Bones was supposed to be more arcadey and focusing on Black Flag like ship combat. But wasn't it just mostly ship combat? I remember they mentioned there was no off ship stuff. Maybe they couldn't figure out a way for just the ship to ship stuff to carry the whole game.

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I love FarCry, but I love Splinter Cell even more, so I really hope that this is the year for the SplinterCell return.

FarCry 6 can wait for next year.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, after the boredom of FC5, I don't know where they would go to make it fun again. I hope they prove me wrong.