• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018

Naughty Dog's game nominated in all but four categories, with PlayStation exclusives accounting for 41 nominations overall

Both Remedy's Control and Kojima Productions' Death Stranding were nominated for 11 each at last year's BAFTA Game Awards, but the PlayStation exclusive has surpassed their achievement by two -- indeed, there are only four categories in which The Last of Us Part 2 was not nominated.

Naughty Dog's celebrated sequel is the high point in an impressive night for Sony Interactive Entertainment: Suckerpunch's Ghost of Tsushima received ten nominations, Insomniac's Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales got seven, Media Molecule's Dreams got seven, and Sumo Digital's Sackboy: A Big Adventure got four.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looking at that screenshot reminds me how batshit insane TLOU2 visuals were. I wish next gen looked that good lol

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Platform Warring; Generalizing the Community; Prior Bans for Platform Warring
imagine thinking Nintendo would show up here after having one the most noticable droughts in past five years.
This place is pretty much just a Nintendo fan site these days, so no surprise.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Sony's got quite the diverse of titles being nominated not really a single title which is quite good.

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
They had a hell of a year in games. Something many don't seem to count anymore when it comes to gaming.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Reading much of ResetEra, particularly the PlayStation Studios thread, you'd be forgiven for thinking Sony had lost its touch. And then you see stats like this...

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reading much of ResetEra, particularly the PlayStation Studios thread, you'd be forgiven for thinking Sony had lost its touch. And then you see stats like this...
There are some vocal people in that thread you mentioned, but outside of that, I disagree with your assessment. ERA as a whole is pretty onboard with Sony's output. And it's deserved.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Last year was definitely Sony's year. Exclusive banger after banger. My own GOTY list was also predominantly made up of PlayStation exclusives, but then again there simply wasn't a whole lot from Nintendo and Microsoft on that front.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
It's nice to see Insomniac, Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch share the stage together. From rags to riches. Well, not literally lol.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only actually great playstation exclusive from last year, ff7r doesn't seem to be mentioned? Unless I'm blind? Does it not count as an exclusive or something?

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it began somewhere in the PS3 gen. Possibly Uncharted 2-3? If not, then TLOU.

Who knows. ;)
Definitely before TLOU 1, I would say Uncharted 2.
Back then they were not nearly as consistent at releasing top tier games, and 2014 especially was a pretty dry period for them. 2015 is when this recent phase of high quality Sony games started, with Bloodborne, then Uncharted 4, then Horizon, God of War, Spider-Man, TLOU2, Ghost, etc.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
The only actually great playstation exclusive from last year

giphy.gif

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Some really weird choices, Miles as game of the year is a bit much, TLOU 2 out of narrative while some other games got in, FFVII Remake not on music...

Something spot on was the entire main cast of TLOU 2 got nominated, they all should win.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The glow-up for Sucker Punch is real. So excited for their future.

Oct 27, 2017
imagine thinking Nintendo would show up here after having one the most noticable droughts in past five years.

It was more an observation of Nintendo's type of output (family-friendly games focused on gameplay) vs. Sony's. I suppose the latter is much more appealing to awards panels.

This place is pretty much just a Nintendo fan site these days, so no surprise.

I'm not a Nintendo fan, at all. I like some of their games but as someone who typically likes linear games with a strong narrative most of their stuff isn't for me.

Since Bloodborne in March 2015

Since Uncharted 2 in 2009. Hasn't been a flawless stream of excellent games, but that's when they kicked up to their current high gear.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only actually great playstation exclusive from last year, ff7r doesn't seem to be mentioned? Unless I'm blind? Does it not count as an exclusive or something?
~25 GOTY awards overall and 2 BAFTA nominations (Best Animation and Best Performer in a Leading Role for Cody Christian as Cloud Strife). Not enough, if you ask me. Clearly the best game of 2020.

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair the assumption is it will not stay exclusive because it's not from Playstation Studios but if we were to count games only playable on PlayStation (as of right now) it would likely be added. In all honesty, I find the snub for it in Best Music crazy as well as Doom Eternal with no nom there. Cyberpunk for 'best narrative' over Hades or TLoU:PII which genuinely did interesting things with the structure of their narratives is an odd one too.
On the OP topic, I think those noms are definitely deserved for SIE as a publisher they had a fantastic output.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
They have the critical reception to go with the big numbers and fan support. Sony's riding a wave of good fortune.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy VII Remake got annouced as a PS4/PC game? When? It's gonna happen at some point but I don't remember this ever happening.
I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that was said back when the game got re-revealed at E3 2015, either listing both platforms in the trailer or in a press release shortly thereafter