• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Square-Enix is the same company ran by someone who believes in fortune tellers and expects dormant IPs to sell triple what the previous game was despite 5+ years of a hiatus. IO and Hitman being able to escape the claws of such a company is a net-positive. Unfortunate that S-E kept Kane & Lynch because that's an IP that can work quite well with Hitman 2016's episodic drama model.
I'm guessing because of this, they'd also be too proud to sell, but now I want MS to buy them so they clean house lol

Good for IOI, looks like the company as a whole has benefitted from self-publishing.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Such a feel good story. Few things in gaming feel more full of promise than when multi-decade old B/AA devs keep grinding away and honing their craft and then really make it big. See also: Larian Studios.

Oct 28, 2017
Really happy for IOI, they deserve every success. Not played Hitman 3 as yet (waiting for the Steam release) but based purely on the first two Hitman games in this trilogy, it's something to look forward to.

Beary Jams

Nov 5, 2017
Portland, OR
Very happy for IOI. I picked up Hitman 3 as a means of playing through all 3 games of the new trilogy. Been an absolute blast so far. In a time where buying AAA games feels gross just because of how gross a lot of the big publishers are, it's nice to see a dev self publish a high quality AAA product and do well. Now I just have to pray that nothing bad ever comes out about IOI.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Well, they were in a good position. They had immense good faith, they already had the tools and processes in place from older games, not to mention assets and such.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Glad for them, their games are great. So many hours into 1 and 2 trying to find different ways. I hope they don't need to sign an exclusivity deal again in the future so I can buy their games again.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Glad to see them thrive. I'm happy for them to take the Epic money and I can wait for Hitman 3 for a year, while I wrap up maps from 1 and 2.

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
That is good, happy for them. Have the game and its great, just need to get rid of the mandatory online for save games etc......

Feels like a hitman 2.5 though.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
So, I have Hitman 1+2 as part of my Stadia Pro sub. (they took some of that Google money too, which is fine by me. As the saying goes "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take").
I've never played a Hitman game. Never thought they looked appealing.
I guess I should....... give them a go?

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, really It's Hitman : World of Assassination Season 3

It really is one of those weird things where it's just more of a fantastic game, with no evolution (not that any is necessary).

I thought Eurogamer was a bit silly with the same reviewer noting both in his Hitman 2 and 3 reviews that it was basically more of the same, but giving 3 a Recommend and not 2.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Super happy for IOI. They are an amazing match for the Bond IP and can't wait to see what they do with it.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Congrats to IO and well deserved, because that's one of the best assassin games out there.

Last edited:

Moff

Oct 26, 2017

A must watch. What a journey, glad for IO!

thanks for posting this

I had no idea earlier versions of Absolution were completely linear and targets were only killed in cutscenes, they only added the few bigger levels later on because they thought the market would accept it again. it was originally intended to be a gears of war style game.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Anecdotal, but I have like 4 other friends with a PS5 / XSX, and all of them bought this game. The next-gen software drought gave this a good little push, and I'm sure it did well on PS4/XBO as well.

Cheers to IO, I'm happy for them, hopefully they keep up their consistency and improve where they can!

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Well, really It's Hitman : World of Assassination Season 3

True, but in would appreciate a some new additions etc. It has been a decent time and some new gameplay mechanic's would've been nice.

The only thing that still bothers me is that the voices are all the same, and the NPC reactions don't match with their personalities or profession. And everyone speaks English. Would be cool to have a local language option (or English with the correct accents), it breaks the immersion for me.

But like I said great game I enjoy playing it. And I knew what I was getting into. Just some things I like te nitpick about :)

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It really is one of those weird things where it's just more of a fantastic game, with no evolution (not that any is necessary).

I thought Eurogamer was a bit silly with the same reviewer noting both in his Hitman 2 and 3 reviews that it was basically more of the same, but giving 3 a Recommend and not 2.
Which in itself is kind of funny as Hitman 2 has more unique things than H1 or H3

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
True, but in would appreciate a some new additions etc. It has been a decent time and some new gameplay mechanic's would've been nice.

The only thing that still bothers me is that the voices are all the same, and the NPC reactions don't match with their personalities or profession. And everyone speaks English. Would be cool to have a local language option (or English with the correct accents), it breaks the immersion for me.

But like I said great game I enjoy playing it. And I knew what I was getting into. Just some things I like te nitpick about :)
Agreed. I'm able to be more charitable by viewing this as the AA (and not AAA) game that it is.