• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
If they recouped the costs this early then i wonder why they took deals like EGS and PSVR exclusivity ones?.
Either way it seems like the game sold extremely well. IMO if the game was gonna sell this well then they lost sales on PC by not releasing it on a platform with a huge audience.
Those deals are probably why they recouped this early.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
Glad a true stealth game like this can be this successful. Too bad Ubisoft can do the same with Splinter Cell.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I may not love some of IO's business decisions but damn, do I love that studio and Hitman. So glad they're making that money!

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
glad to see success for IO with a very unsual way of delivering and amazing product months after months in a niche genre. Super cool.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deserved. Launch was rough but it seems to be fixed for 99% of people now.
Just waiting for H2 carry over now.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Given that they are independent that's good to hear.

I'd like to see IO do more with their publishing deal with WB.

Perhaps they could on some classic Warner IP along with Bon?

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Good for them.

Been enjoying Hitman 3 so far. I hope the access pass gets price cut soon so I can play the other 2 as well

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
Meanwhile at Square Enix...

Esv5_jxXIAAB9Vm

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Well-deserved, game is absolutely amazing and I can already tell it's going to be high up on my GOTY list.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
Awesome news, so happy for them. This Hitman trilogy has been one of the most consistently fun and entertaining set of games that I've played in a long time.

I hope this means they'll give a lot of post-launch support and content updates

Fromskap

Sep 6, 2019
Well deserved! Nice to see the rocky launch didn't prevent the series from getting the recognition it deserves.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Very glad for them. Now please don't relegate it to a benchwarmer guys. Please. I love this damn series and I can't wait to see how it evolves beyond the World of Assassination trilogy.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
And they deserve all their success. Congrats!

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
IOI certainly deserves this as Hitman 3 is a fantastic game. I contributed by buying the game for both my PS5 and XSX plus Hitman 1 & 2 on PSN. I will wait for a Microsoft sale on Hitman 2 Gold edition before also buying that version.

I do hope this means the individual software developers at IOI will be getting nice bonus cheques.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I haven't played any of the recent Hitman games but I've been meaning to. Sounds like I definitely should. I am absolutely happy for the studio and its developers. It must feel so great to get out from under a bigger publisher and accomplish great success afterwards!

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
I'm a bit LTTP, currently playing H1 missions on H3, every hour I remind myself how stupid I am for leaving Hitman 1 on my Steam library untouched.

Salient_Lion

Dec 20, 2020
Deserved. The Hitman trilogy is probably my highlight of the last gen. Can't wait to see what IOI come up with next.

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
Way to go, IO. This reboot trilogy had unexpectedly become one of my favorite things. I hope more and more people give it a try now.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
It'll be the first game I play when I get my hands on a PS5. I loved the first two games, despite only beating the first one and getting halfway through the second.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good for them.

Were the two previous games profitable? I vaguely recall them making a loss for the longest time but I could be wrong. If not, this would be even better news.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
I am so excited for the team to be able to do this as the games have been great. I wish Splinter Cell could see the same kind of return to grace, as these two are my favorite stealth franchises

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
nice, playing these throughout last week.
already purchased 1 and 2 before, but played just couple of missions for some reason.
so it feels like content overload for me.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Games great, im very glad to see games like Hitman be big successes. We dont see games like this very often.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Happy for them. There were a few people here that questioned why anyone would buy this game at full-price. This only happens when people DO buy the game at full-price.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hitman 3 was my first Hitman game. After spending about six hours in Dubai messing around, I went ahead and purchased Hitman 2 to complete the set (the gold version of 1 is/was an early bonus from EGS). They're incredible games, and exactly what I needed to get the bad taste of Cyberpunk out of my mouth.

HouseDragon

Dec 4, 2017
Wow, that's insane. So glad IOI has reached this stage with Hitman, their last games have been a labor of love, and it shows.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
while i haven't bought the game yet, i'm just glad that studio found immediate success with this entry knowing how rough the people there have had it commercially ever since the less-than-stellar sales of hitman 2016. nobody else is making the kind of video games they do with that level of production value, so it's good to know they can keep doing what they're good at thanks to this successful launch.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
They were really smart to add a way to bring previous game content into their latest iteration each time. I never played the series but saw the glowing reviews for 3 so I bought Hitman 1 and 2 at the end of that last sale before buying Hitman 3. Basically making it a complete trilogy edition for $80 (though I'm missing the DLC for 2 which sounds worthwhile.)

Having fun so far.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
great news for the devs and I'm glad all their hard work and effort has paid off for everyone.

I just completed the main story of H2 and about to hop into H3 (I ?don't thnk i need to do the H2 expansion levels for the story...do i?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Good for them.

Were the two previous games profitable? I vaguely recall them making a loss for the longest time but I could be wrong. If not, this would be even better news.

I think they were probably profitable long term (otherwise they wouldn't have made three games) but not quite as quickly as Hitman 3.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
After everything that went down around the release of Hitman 2016 I'm so happy to see this. That first game of the trilogy was great but I remember there being a lot of concern around how that game sold that seemingly resulted in Square cutting ioi & Hitman loose which really made me worried about the future of ioi and Hitman. So jump to two great Hitman games later and a Bond game on the horizon I'm really happy for ioi.

Oct 27, 2017
Good to know. I haven't bought Hitman 3 yet but the recent hype for the series has got me playing through the trilogy from the start, and picked up the second game in the recent sale. Having everything under one client is great and by all accounts, the content I have for the first two games will keep me busy for quite a while. Just finished my first play through of Sapienza and Marrakesh last night!

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
It's petty but I'm chuckling at how proud IO is of this game compared to Avengers floundering because of Square