• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
The art design, the city and the animations are looking fantastic. I need a demo to get a feel for the gameplay.

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
I prefer third person over first but I've never understood people on this site who see first person as a deal breaker.

I agree with the minority of this thread, the game looks sick and I want it day one but unfortunately can't fit it in March. Not for the reason people expect though. I decided to limit my game purchases this year to at least one per month and I'm buying two this month so one is going to have to be the March purchase.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
This looks very good. Though personally a gameplay-focused Tango game is not inspiring much confidence, it's not their strong point lol

But like I said, seems like they haven't lost a touch in art direction and style, so very excited to see where this goes.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno why, but I get strong light gun games vibes from that footage...like those old house of the dead games

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
The combat is a toss-up, but I admire them for doing something so fresh in the current AAA landscape.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Thew new showing looked way better than what I've seen of it before.
Very interested in this but not sure I'll be there day one with Horizon FW and Elden Ring coming out before it.

sku

Feb 11, 2018
Every trailer gets me more hype on the combat. I hope it's challenging

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like it a lot but I'm curious how it'll feel like playing - not in a strict gameplay sense but rather the rhythm of being in the (semi?) open world. It'd be great if it were like Evil Within 2, that felt very fresh in the context of a horror game.

I wonder if we'll get small stories hidden away over the place - that was the best kind of reward for exploring.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
The real test for this game will be the boss fight. Japanese dev love their boss fight, so I hope it'll be something crazy.

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
The real test for this game will be the boss fight. Japanese dev love their boss fight, so I hope it'll be something crazy.

That's an exciting prospect. A big problem I have with western games is the lack of cool boss fights. So many games even third person one's just have set pieces to end the game on and it's not as fun. I hate that the ending section of Bioshock Infinite is just you fighting waves of dudes. This at least should have some interesting fights.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I saw someone online call this the weeb dishonored and you know what...I would be just fine with that. I'm most likely getting this one. Looks great

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Well trailer were more exciting than this gameplay demo. I expected something with more rythme, everything is so slow.
And what's up with this awful FOV, seriously.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
This looks pretty darn sick actually. Hadn't really looked into it before. Certainly peaked my interest.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The combat definitely looks cool but yeah, it's hard to tell how it'll feel. Makes me think that the person playing it was being a lot slower and stiffer due to demo purposes. Or at least I hope so.

I'll probably hold of it to be cheaper but considering how fast Deathloop dropped in price, I won't have to wait long.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Looks awesome! Any ideas on the voice actors?
KK sounds like Kakashi from Naruto.

PicsArt_01-10-11.21.32_compress68-1024x1024.jpg

hichan

Jul 16, 2021
I went from don't care to will play for sure.
I really dig the atmosphere and the jutsu based fighting looks fun enough

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
I saw someone online call this the weeb dishonored and you know what...I would be just fine with that. I'm most likely getting this one. Looks great

There's something kind of gross about using that term to describe all Japanese pop culture tho. I see it a lot on the internet and it's unfortunate that a term used to insult westerners interested in Japanese pop culture has been used as a term to identify anything Japanese in games.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
This actually looks fantastic. But releasing a month after Horizon and Elden Ring means it'll have to wait a while before I get to it :/

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It looks better than evil within but the pace combat moves at seems a little slow for my liking. Gorgeous artstyle though.

Oct 30, 2017
BTW, high respect for Tango for creating something entirely fresh and unique... games like these are desperately in my gaming collection library.

I just hope it was marketed as good as Deathloop.. because it's very unfair the game is releasing next month and we just barely got our first deep look few hours ago :\

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Somehow it reminds me of Jujutsu Kaisen. I already love it.
It's in the same genre. We're some kind of exorcist killing evil spirit/ghost. The main character is possesed by some spirit giving him special powers.

I hope we will see other exorcist with all kind of power too It's always cool to see various exorcist power in jujutsu kaisen, they're all pretty creative and cool looking.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
This preview took me from playing on Gamepass next year to playing it day one on PC next month
very excited to check it out!

TKWarner

Feb 28, 2021
It looks better than evil within but the pace combat moves at seems a little slow for my liking. Gorgeous artstyle though.

The pace of the combat also turned me off. The basic attacks seem to lack impact, so dishing them out at a slow pace makes the game seem like it might be boring to play through. I hope the AI of the enemies and the options for combat make for a more varied and fast-paced game than it appears.

There wasn't enough to imply how missions are handled, but the open-world exploration did appear shallow. I would be very disappointed if this was the case.

Ex Libris

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This game is so up my alley. Urgh why first person!?

Ah whatever, I will just prep anti nausea medicine and sea bands and a bucket to puke in I guess

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like the deluxe edition is too much, especially on PC. $20 extra for a couple of outfits, and as far as I can tell the PC version doesn't even get the 3 days early access.

Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
Looks phenomenal. I really like the variety of attacks, and I haven't seen enemy designs this good in a while.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
the combat looks very flashy and visually impressive but i have no idea how it works. hopefully that will be explained later. i hope you have to use specific spells/combos on specific enemies or something like that instead of just spamming whatever you like.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
FPN or FPG? First Person Naruter / First Person Ghoster. I think I like FPG more, interest take on the fps genre over all.

PowerUp

Mar 30, 2018
We had an extended hands-off preview session earlier this month

powerup-gaming.com

Ghostwire: Tokyo Preview – I See Dead People - PowerUp!

Tango Gameworks' latest is "karate meets magic" as players explore a digital Tokyo devoid of life. It's refreshing to see a developer like Tango Gameworks draw inspiration from its own history and culture. Founded by Shinji Mikami, of Resident Evil fame, Tango Gameworks has a horror pedigree...

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This looks kinda neat. The framerate is pretty messy though.

I might play it one day if I can ever upgrade my PC lol.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Loved the look of this since it was announced but completely slipped my mind that it's actually coming out next month. Looks awesome, really excited to play it.