• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God damn it, I thought this was the most charming and personable part of E3 so far and you fuckers had to go and make it dirty.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah why are they making fanart of her , and not the other jeans with t shirt, overweight white male presenters

Oct 25, 2017
Whilst there's certainly a pervy element I'd like to think most of the support's coming from her having a similar performance to Tak. The "spooky" bit certainly hit me as though it was something he'd do during the GOTA Konami conference. Also at one point she bust out a manji pose on a huge E3 stage to show her enthusiasm, it was pretty cute/funny thing to do.
I have no problem with Nakamura's presentation. I mainly just asked about Tak Fuji because I was legit curious if there was Tak Fuji fan art. I honestly think if he had that conference yesterday there would be fan art of it.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Well, I'm glad she's liking the attention

Anyway, looking at her presentation, its a breath of fresh air compared to all the serious types with their casual wear. Its comparable to how Ono or Miyamoto appear on stage, they are just themselves and they don't care how they look. Other presenters take note.

She reminded me of Tak Fuji at Konami in 2010, trying to be funny and very spontaneous. It's great to have presenters being genuine like that.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah why are they making fanart of her , and not the other jeans wih t shirt, overweight white male presenters
The same reason why people did the same for Keanu Reeves and not them. Because no one gives a shit about them the second they leave the stage and are basically dime a dozen in presentations like this. Guess what people remember and like stuff that stands out

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah same here. Anyone want to share what that means? I want to laugh too 😔

knowyourmeme.com

Loss

Loss, also known as CADbortion, Loss.jpg and | || || |_, is a series of parodies based on a dramatic cartoon strip from the webcomic series Ctrl+Alt+Del in which the female lead suffers a miscarriage, which became a subject of widespread mockery among the readers.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, as long as she's cool with it, whatever. But nothing good in this scenario ever stays good for long.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
She was great. Every video I've seen of people watching that conference folks had a very positive reaction to her. It was basically impossible to not at least crack a smile at her attitude.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
She didn't ruin her credibility as a professional by making a feminine pose. It's this kind of shit that prevents women from taking more executive positions.
How was it a "feminine pose"? Do you really think she did that thinking it was NOT meant to be received as something "cute"?

I still think this whole situation is corny and her attention is half due to being an asian female but it's also obvious she wasn't trying to give some overly serious presentation and also apparent (through her retweeting or whatever) that she isn't upset by those viewing the presentation as 'cute'

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PeitH1m.jpg

am i doing it right
smdh

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Good Lord... Another signal that The game industry has got to grow up . This is so fucking weird. They did this to Jade Raymond too. The lack of self awareness.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Again, how does this dimish anything?
"I think that lady was cute and her game looks great and I am interested in playing it".
Do you see how these things are not exclusive to each other?
Like, when you say "Charlize Theron is really pretty" that does not take away from her roles in movies like Mad Max.

If it was a man, like Miyazaki, who premiered this game, the reactions would have been more about his level of genius than his looks or actions. But when it's a female director, it's suddenly about her likeability, rather than the raw talent on display.

You can call Charlize Theron pretty because she's an actress/model and she is expected to be pretty.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
If it was a man, like Miyazaki, who premiered this game, the reactions would have been more about his level of genius than his looks or actions. But when it's a female director, it's suddenly about her likeability, rather than the raw talent on display.

You can call Charlize Theron pretty because she's an actress/model and she is expected to be pretty.

The Miyamato deification is creepy too.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't too surprising. She seems to be enjoying them, so no issues there. The problem with the internet is that there's always that one person that goes a little too far and start sexualizing and infantilizing these real people. There's *always* one.

Be cool, internet.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I love how the women herself seem to like it and yet so many people are 'this is bad and you should all feel bad!'.

Makikou

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissive and antagonistic attitude towards concerns surrounding sexism and racial fetishization
The start of it and all the posters with avatars of asian women saying asian fetishism isn't an issue. You know, despite being walking talking examples of it existing.
So you're saying if this was a white woman or a man, there would be no problem. Just because she's asian it's suddenly a massive problem and everyone is a creepy fucker going around here? You have a really twisted mind.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
You're acting there's no such thing as western fetishism?
Acknowledging that asian fetishism is incredibly common in anime/gaming=/=ignoring that western fetishism exists.

So you're saying if this was a white woman or a man, there would be no problem.
I'm saying if this was a white woman or a man this thread literally wouldn't exist and they'd likely get called cringe, turned into a meme, or be put in a crowbcat video yes. Devs expressing excitement often get those sorts of reactions.
fwkwdrh.gif

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

If Miyazaki could pull off her moves, poses and charisma, then I am sure you would find people talking about that too.

Also, you keep acting as if only ever one thing can be true in our reality. Like you can only be talented, or pretty, or cute, or professional.
But that's not what people are and how the world works. Her being on stage, you can't see how hardworking or talented she is. But what you can see is how she is charismatic, energetic, motivated and cute. Once again, none of these things undermine her being a professional, hardworking person. But those things are not apparent to people just watching this audio/visual presentation. All they got are her appearance, mannerisms and her words.

You keep acting like people calling out what they saw as positive traits is "reductionist" but at the same time also try to be reductionist because you believe those things can/should not be mentioned.