• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
wow this is huge, needed a reason to revisit that game, it really has a greatly satisfying combat

well there's a free multiplayer mode coming AND you can pet dogs now

the 60fps is just icing on the cake

If I buy the game digitally on the PS4, will I be able to just download it straight onto the PS5 whenever I get it and continue my progress from there? Can't remember if this game supports cross saves or not.

yes, you can transfer your save via USB, WiFi or Cloud to your PS5 and just jump in from there after redownloading (or transferring your game via USB or WiFi too)

you can also just stick your game install/save on an external USB and launch it from there plugged into your PS5.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah baby, I bet this will be the same for TLOU2. Glad I waited on GOT, might pick it up now since its on sale

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
Nice! Definitely going to be saving NG+ for when the PS5 launches with this news. It's going to be good.

Timlot

Banned
Nov 27, 2019
I'm gonna need Sony to chill with the positive news. I was starting to get used to the negativity. 😎

I'm so glad they are finally starting to talk. The fanbase needs to be preoccupied with PS5 news, because the way things were going there would have been reports of XSX exploding by the end of the week.

Joo

May 25, 2018
will i be able to transfer my save with a usb or do i have to pay for PS+?
From PS blog:
You can transfer digital games, game data, and game saves from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using LAN cables, or by connecting wirelessly (WiFi). If you've already stored PS4 games and game data in the external USB storage device connected to your PS4, you can bring them over to PS5 with that external USB storage device. And if you are a PS Plus member, you can also sync PS4 game saves on PS5 through cloud storage.
There's several different options.

Jul 22, 2020
If it is unlocked above 30, I don't think you will have to see a Game Boost patch to see frame rate improvements. My understanding is that game boost is different than the system just allowing the game to perform better without a patch. Just depends on if the developer had dynamic resolutions and unlocked frame rates to begin with.
Its not different, Game Boost is just a rebranding for PS4Pros boost mode

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great news but where are the concerns? Where are these sweet sweet concerns? A good news Sony thread can't be complete without them.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
If it is unlocked above 30, I don't think you will have to see a Game Boost patch to see frame rate improvements. My understanding is that game boost is different than the system just allowing the game to perform better without a patch. Just depends on if the developer had dynamic resolutions and unlocked frame rates to begin with.
I'd be surprised if if's anything different to what "boost mode" does.

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm more happy that I sold my PS4 mid-playthrough. 60 fps when I can play it again baby!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy one of GOTGs those who have not played. Absolute masterpiece in my opinion.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping to hear more news just like this. Is there a working list of games getting performance boosts for next gen?

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I was going to pick AC Vahalla as my launch game...I think I'll go with this instead!

Oct 25, 2017
Well I definitely didn't think we would be seeing PS5 patches for PS4 games but glad this is coming, hopefully more of their first party games follow suit.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
7342de8773ddaceaf4de4d2b7f86cd85.gif

Your turn, Naughty Dog.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
For those of you who follow this stuff, between this and "surprise multiplayer" is SP the new Sony MVP?

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
We need a list of all games that have unlocked framerates (if it already hasn't been done for Series S/X BC). This is going to be glorious.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Didnt play it yet with so many other stuff out but thats gonna change with the PS5.

Its gonna be a treat to catch up with some games on a next gen console.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is the kind of support I love to see! I haven't played it yet but I will when I get my PS5

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
GOTY keeps getting better, will look forward to this next year when I get my PS5 :D

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
The setting to unlock the framerate is probably part of the Legends patch, the PS5s ability to do it is its BC boost mode
"Extra option" implies there will be a patch to add the option, but there's no real detail / confirmation.
A bit of both in this case, I don't think the game has an option to unlock the frame rate yet.
Ah yeah, that would make sense. Either way, I hope this means for more recent games, Sony will be doing this instead of the remaster route.