• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Have developers talked about game's difficulty? Original game was something that not many can beat. :D

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have developers talked about game's difficulty? Original game was something that not many can beat. :D
there's a few difficulty settings
www.destructoid.com

Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection has four difficulties and here are the differences

The easiest mode has on-the-spot revivals Coinciding with a gameplay overview trailer for Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection, Capcom shared a...
Here's what to expect, going from the highest difficulty to the most forgiving:
  • Legend mode: your armor can only take one hit and there are more on-screen enemies.
  • Knight mode: you can take an extra hit.
  • Squire mode: you can take an extra hit and there are fewer enemies.
  • Page mode: you can revive yourself "on the spot."

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Weird.

Also,the original Ghost'n'Goblins is free,i was able to download it on the Capcom Arcade Stadium

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was initially pretty turned off by the game, but as more footage has come out I think it looks pretty great. Coop is a pretty fun idea for something like this too! If impressions are decent this is a pretty easy day one for me

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
It definitely feels like people are warming up to the game which is nice to see, hope the game meets Capcom's sales expectations.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
some new screenshots (link)

eudndq4xcauvpnudgkmq.jpeg

eudndr7xca0_6ayjijmw.jpeg

eudndruwgbozexswhj8x.jpeg

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I think I'm getting this day 1, I've gotten into this series since it got announced... Now Super Ghouls'n Ghosts is one of my top 20 snes games. Hopefully this game being more modern has less bullshit though :P If the mandatory weapon to beat the final boss is as bad as the goddess bracelet I probably will not finish it

el jacko

Dec 12, 2017
The art style looks 75% of the way towards a Monty Python Holy Grail airbrush-type look, and I wish they'd commit all the way (yes I know it's a retro series, I don't care)

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man that graphical style looks so unnapealing to me. Game looks kinda fun, but I just hate how it looks lol

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't too interested in it until I saw that video. Easier difficulty options and new areas make it a little more appealing.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm down for Page mode.
Where is that info from?
Straight from the official site
www.ghostsn-goblins.com

Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection | CAPCOM

The official site of Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection. This ghost is back to haunt you.
Legend:Make ready, for this is Ghosts 'n Goblins! You will die, yes, but so too will you bask in glory.
Knight:For those warriors familiar with the Demon Realm. Claim your revenge here, if you're able.
Squire:Uninitiated adventurers, test your mettle here first if you wish to have a ghost of a chance.
Page:Untested apprentices! Blessed with immortality, you won't be giving up the ghost.
Note: Unlike other paths, Pages will not be able to experience
all of the game's content.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Do we yet know hoe many stages it has, and if it has alternate routes? I'd love it to have tons of routes and stages that basically cover every setting in every G&G game ever, but I recall it being single route from the previews.

Maeros

Dec 21, 2017
No physical no buy. Small dev i can understand but not capcom. I will buy if in a few months physical will come.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Do we yet know hoe many stages it has, and if it has alternate routes? I'd love it to have tons of routes and stages that basically cover every setting in every G&G game ever, but I recall it being single route from the previews.
There are multiple zones, each with 2 different stages, and then each stage you beat turns into an altered shadow stage your next playthrough. We don't know how many zones there are yet(4 are shown on the official site). Each stage is a different setting too

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I will eventually buy this game for sure.

That said, I wish Capcom would remake Ghouls n Ghosts, the 1988 arcade game, with a graphical style that respects and enhances that game. Or ar least outsouce its development to a talented team who have a passion for specifically that fame and the series overall.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I will eventually buy this game for sure.

That said, I wish Capcom would remake Ghouls n Ghosts, the 1988 arcade game, with a graphical style that respects and enhances that game. Or ar least outsouce its development to a talented team who have a passion for specifically that fame and the series overall.
I'd rather have new games over remakes myself. Ghouls n Ghosts is already pretty much perfect for me between the Arcade, X68000, Mega Drive and Supergrafx ports. Sure a Dragon Trap style remake might look nice, but it won't really add anything to the game. I'm glad Capcom is going with a new game that has plenty of call backs to the old series rather than just remaking one of the old GnG games instead.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
I want a Ghost'Goblins and Ghouls'n'Ghosts remaster developped by Lizardcube.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I'd rather have new games over remakes myself. Ghouls n Ghosts is already pretty much perfect for me between the Arcade, X68000, Mega Drive and Supergrafx ports. Sure a Dragon Trap style remake might look nice, but it won't really add anything to the game. I'm glad Capcom is going with a new game that has plenty of call backs to the old series rather than just remaking one of the old GnG games instead.

I do understand what you are saying, and I am so glad Capcom has made a new GnG game that still pays homage to the 2 arcade games from '85 and '88. I am pleased overall (love the backgrounds and bossss) and will most likely end up double dipping if Resurrection is brought to more platforms eventually.