• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
If anyone is interested, we do have additional gameplay system info (branching paths, magic & skills upgrade tree, weapons showcase, etc.) and 1080p/60fps clips that should give you a clearer look at the visuals and animations of the new GnG game below.

www.ghostsn-goblins.com

Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection | CAPCOM

The official site of Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection. This ghost is back to haunt you.

Any chance you can tell your bosses at Capcom to release Ultimate Ghost N Goblins for Switch?? Also the Maximo series needs a badly needed Remaster on Switch.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Any chance you can tell your bosses at Capcom to release Ultimate Ghost N Goblins for Switch?? Also the Maximo series needs a badly needed Remaster on Switch.

Ha, one step at a time. We'll see how Resurrection goes.

As a fan of the original arcade duo and the Super Famicom/NES version, I personally would love to see all them come forward to modern systems.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
The art itself is nice, but I'm not a fan of the animations. Still, it's good enough and nice to have a new game in the series. Can't wait to try it, even if I don't get very far (lol)

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is interested, we do have additional gameplay system info (branching paths, magic & skills upgrade tree, weapons showcase, etc.) and 1080p/60fps clips that should give you a clearer look at the visuals and animations of the new GnG game below.

www.ghostsn-goblins.com

The official site of Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection. This ghost is back to haunt you.
Oh it's a brand new game? The name had me assume it was a remake. Definitely picking it up then!

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good to me. Ghosts 'n Goblins on NES is the first game I ever owned. Also it's not that hard. Just a bit of memorization.

Spartacris

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles

www.ghostsn-goblins.com

Thank you! It really looks amazing. Especially on the 60fps gameplay videos on the website.
Can't wait!

PS: I co-sign with whoever said to bring Ultimate GnG to switch. Would buy it in a heartbeat.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I know different people like different things and it's probably more telling of the era I'm grew up in, but it always bums me out to see people dunk on a series because of it's difficulty and identity being very much tied to arcade sensibilities because I remember when those same sensibilities were what attracted me to the series in the first place as a kid.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I was planning on buying it, thinking it was a remake....but it's a brand new game?

Even better.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
So from what I gather from the site, this is not a remake, but more along the lines of Sonic Mania.

You know, old stages (or rather, stages inspired by old stages) with brand new ones mixed in.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I know different people like different things and it's probably more telling of the era I'm grew up in, but it always bums me out to see people dunk on a series because of it's difficulty and identity being very much tied to arcade sensibilities because I remember when those same sensibilities were what attracted me to the series in the first place as a kid.
I totally agree. Difficult games aren't for everyone but the whole "how can anyone like this" angle is just wack.

Oct 27, 2017

www.ghostsn-goblins.com

Thanks for sharing this. I think the game looks great and I look forward to playing it in February.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017

www.ghostsn-goblins.com

Game is growing on me

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017

www.ghostsn-goblins.com

Looks awesome! Day one.

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
LMAO will never play it, it traumatised me when I was a kid... Souls games are easy compared to this.

Ooooh not a remake! But nope, it will frustrate me.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
The style's growing on me. I still wish it were hand animated, like animation cells instead of the Flash-like rotation they're using, but the actual art style itself I quite like for the most part. You can only really see it well on the large bosses in motion, but everything looks pretty good in stills.

I always felt that if the gameplay ended up being good I wouldn't let the art stop me, but reading about the permanent upgrade system and multiple paths makes it sound really interesting.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks absolutely great. And it's one of my favourite games ever.
Finally another game I can buy for my Switch.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
This wasn't fun then and doesn't look fun now. Although, I wonder if the Knight guy is a possibility for Smash? 🤔
Arthur would be a -perfect- fit fo Smash. But we'll get another anime sword instead.

People need to git gud :P

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Oh it's a brand new game? The name had me assume it was a remake. Definitely picking it up then!

This is the thing about GnG series, they all look like each other, feel like remakes of past games, but they're not. SNES, Mega Drive, GBA, PSP they're all different games.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
I must say I love the look of the scythe-wielding skeletons.

Ghosts-n-Goblins-Resurrection_2020_12-10-20_022.jpg

Kinda wish they were playable characters.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
They should make Firebrand playable as a tease for the new Demon's Crest they're totally making after this.

;_;

Oct 27, 2017
Ive been reading some article and while it doesnt specifically directly mention the RE Engine it does say that the game is being built on a new engine so I guess the modified RE Engine that was use for MH Rise is the same being use for GNG. If thats the case its pretty crazy how flexible the engine is in term of art style but also in term of gameplay.
Its almost as if an engine is just a set of tools for coding lol

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously love everything I see. I'm especially happy to see difficulty levels, although even the higher difficulties should be more fair and manageable thanks to the upgradeable skill tree.

Wew lad, Feb on Switch has at least three games that are locks for me, between this, Little Nightmares 2 and Super Mario 3D World.

Yeah, the art style in those videos is absolutely fantastic.

I didn't think it looked terrible in the trailer, either. But, it looks way more Monty Python-esque than we could see originally.

Definitely doesn't look like a flash game.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I love the art direction of the PSP games.
It's not an ugly game and has some nice areas, but I really like this new game's art direction. The manuscript look is incredible.
Not at all. Anyone can beat these games. I beat the nes game when I was 6 over a rental. People just don't bother to learn what the game expects from you.
Wow. That game was horrible port wise too. It wasn't done in house by Capcom if I recall as well.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
I just watched some clips of the psp version and I can't believe some people are saying that game has a better art style. I think it looks pretty bad, the psp version. The clip posted on this page is awful.

The art in this game looks really good though. Digging it