• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever gone from hyped (them drawing in the scene) to anti-hype (the second Arthur started moving) so fast.

I can't stand 2D rig animation. Makes everything look like a paper puppet with thumbtacks for joints.
It only looks bad when it's done badly, unfortunately it seems to be a lost skill these days aside from Vanillaware

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
The difficulty options are pretty nice too. An unlimited respawn mode will make this the first accessible game in the series!

Do we know which team/key people are working on this?

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It only looks bad when it's done badly, unfortunately it seems to be a lost skill these days aside from Vanillaware

Dragon's Crown took four years to make and 13 Sentinels took six. I understand that this style isn't everyone's cup of tea and you can argue that they should have gone a different route because it takes a certain amount of resources to pull off, but there's way too much material reality here to assume a lack of skill.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Official website had full breakdowns but I can't find it so from gematau/PR
www.gematsu.com

Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection announced for Switch

Capcom announced Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection for Switch at The Game Awards 2020. It will launch via the Nintendo eShop on February 25, 2021 for $29.99.

Page doesn't give you the full ending, it's like old nes easy modes

.... Page it is, i'm bold enough to admit it.

*Reads last sentence*

Ah, fuck.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Dragon's Crown took four years to make and 13 Sentinels took six. I understand that this style isn't everyone's cup of tea and you can argue that they should have gone a different route because it takes a certain amount of resources to pull off, but there's way too much material reality here to assume a lack of skill.

i get the art style isn't everyone's cup of tea, but i think the action is far more readable than it was on the PSP game. the utility of a playable game is greater than all else imho.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The only thing I know about this game is when I watched Moonmoon stream it and that god damn circus music on loop for hours.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
This legit looks like the promo/cabinet art for the first two G&G games and that's fucking rad. Ultimate G&G wasn't a looker (even considering the PSP hardware) and was still a pretty great game, so I'm down.

This is where I am. The look is meant to invoke the old cabinet art, and I think they did well with that.

I had a notion this was probably going to be download only, because of lack of confidence in this game. Hope it won't be a detriment to the game's prospects.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I'll wait for an English report ahah
thx!

www.gematsu.com

Capcom announced Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection for Switch at The Game Awards 2020. It will launch via the Nintendo eShop on February 25, 2021 for $29.99.

• "Difficulty Modes – Whether a longtime fan or a newcomer, players can decide how perilous Arthur's journey will be by selecting from one of three difficulty modes: Squire, Knight and Legend. New to the game is the Page mode, which allows untested apprentices to respawn on the spot with unlimited lives."

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I honestly was hoping for something more substantial than this after the leaks from capcom. Something along the lines of maximo or at least a maximo remake. I'd have probably even been more interested in this if it it LOOKED nice. But the art style of it is absolutely hideous!

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
www.gematsu.com

• "Difficulty Modes – Whether a longtime fan or a newcomer, players can decide how perilous Arthur's journey will be by selecting from one of three difficulty modes: Squire, Knight and Legend. New to the game is the Page mode, which allows untested apprentices to respawn on the spot with unlimited lives."

thank you! sounds interesting, considering how hard this series has always been for me ahah

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
So here's another game that I think looks fantastic, but that many people on Era find awful. Last one was Link's Awakening remake. It's a fantastic art style, it makes so much sense given the medieval setting ! Love the animation too, very reminescent of VanillaWare games (even more than the artstyle)

This looks great. The art reminds me of medieval Bosch paintings. And seeing that animated reminds me of the cartoon sequences in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Exactly !

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The art style is wonderful. Are people delusional or something?
It's going to grow on most people who are actually interested in the game. One thing is for certain: if you think the PSP game is prettier than this, you either haven't played that game in a long time or you're blinded by your nostalgia for that game and era.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Seemed visually inconsistent from scene to scene in the trailer, which makes me wonder how old the trailer was and how unfinished the game was at the time. I guess we'll see the end result.

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
Looks fine to me, as long as the gameplay is as tight as the other games in the series I'll have a blast with it.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
I really loved Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins on PSP. But this looks more like the arcade games focusing on high score instead of finding items in levels. Not really sure I want a traditional GnG game.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I really loved Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins on PSP. But this looks more like the arcade games focusing on high score instead of finding items in levels. Not really sure I want a traditional GnG game.
I get that preference, but that's not the series pedigree. Capcom even rectified that with a Japanese only remix of sorts, which was more arcade focused in nature.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
I get that preference, but that's not the series pedigree. Capcom even rectified that with a Japanese only remix of sorts, which was more arcade focused in nature.

I can understand trying to appeal to long time fans with a traditional experience. That just means I'm out.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
New to the game is the Page mode, which allows untested apprentices to respawn on the spot with unlimited lives."

giphy.gif

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks great. I love this franchise and hope
It does well. I would love for this to make Capcom daring and give me a sequel/remake of Demons Crest 😍

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
I get that they're going for a riff on medieval manuscript art, but the actual execution just doesn't really work for me.

Watching that trailer I mostly just couldn't stop thinking of QWOP.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
After watching the trailer for a second time....

I still like how this looks, the actual style on the enemies overpowers any janky limbs.
The Red Arremer bit just has me hunger for more Gargoyle's Quest.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
If anyone is interested, we do have additional gameplay system info (branching paths, magic & skills upgrade tree, weapons showcase, etc.) and 1080p/60fps clips that should give you a clearer look at the visuals and animations of the new GnG game below.

www.ghostsn-goblins.com

Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection | CAPCOM

The official site of Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection. This ghost is back to haunt you.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
The game definitely looked better when watching the trailer on my TV than when viewing on my computer. Getting more hyped for this!

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
If anyone is interested, we do have additional gameplay system info (branching paths, magic & skills upgrade tree, weapons showcase, etc.) and 1080p/60fps clips that should give you a clearer look at the visuals and animations of the new GnG game below.

www.ghostsn-goblins.com

The official site of Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection. This ghost is back to haunt you.
Yeah definitely looks better upon further inspection. I will say I think the bosses visuals are the strongest part of it all. They look really nice and I can tell what they are going for visually. Some of the regular enemies though less so. Like the reapers.

Honestly I think its Arthur himself who I have the most issue with visually. Something about his pose and the animation doesn't sit right with me.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.ghostsn-goblins.com

Arthur is real and he is my brave friend

chara_img-arthur.png

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Ive been reading some article and while it doesnt specifically directly mention the RE Engine it does say that the game is being built on a new engine so I guess the modified RE Engine that was use for MH Rise is the same being use for GNG. If thats the case its pretty crazy how flexible the engine is in term of art style but also in term of gameplay.