• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
OK, that's not too bad. Thanks.

Hopefully late Spring on PS4/Xbox/Steam.

Hey, does anyone remember this canceled Ghosts 'n Goblins remake for PS1?

cfeerJI.jpg

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I think the difference is the original animation was a simple 2 frame pixel art.

Here they're taking static art and rotating it really quickly to make it move and it looks weird, almost like a cheap Flash animation game.

The art itself in this game is really good, I love how it sorta evokes the old arcade cabinet or the box art, but I'm still not a big fan of the way they've chosen to animate it. I'd rather choppy 2 frame animation (where the limb is actually redrawn in the new position) than the rotation they're using.

Also he should have a red beard like in Ultimate!

Still looking forward to the game, though.
It makes me think of a Victorian era paper/toy/mechanical theater:

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Some reviews of PSP Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins - I digged through internet archive to find these, glad I did because I has never seen any of them before.

iViJk5y.jpg

FrihDDn.jpg

KNAL1iA.jpg

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Looks like GnG... Not sure how to feel about the screen size, I'm used to the consoles and PSP games being more cramped I guess.

Last edited:

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I know it will kick my ass repeatedly and I won't be able to finish it (like any other GnG game) but... I still think I'll buy it, it looks great

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll get this (hopefully a physicial version) with hopes that they are planning Demon's Crest Resurrection next.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Really nice to see they went out of their way to get Fujiwara back for this. I remember him being involved with Ultimate GnG was one of the reasons I was interested in that game, lol

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you for posting the video, loved the update. Outside of the running animation, I really like everything I see.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow, I figured this would be from the MM team at Dev2 but it's actually coming from Dev1!

The artstyle really looks great here.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I'm really excited about this. Quite curious what the MSRP will be (guessing $40? Although Mega Man 11 was only $30 iirc) but I expect to be in for this on day 1.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Ooh.. it's this digital only? 🐺 💦

at the end of the new update video, they show the eShop logo... I was hoping for a nice physical version...