• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just beat the demo and it was amazing. It ran at 110-120 FPS at 1440p for most of the time (on an RX 5700 XT) but I had drops into the 60s during some ingame cutscenes.

I really, really liked it and I think I'll buy it eventually.

baberunisei

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the game doesn't look like shit anymore on PS4 Pro after update 1.04. Either that or I just got used to the uglyness.

The game great, but too difficult in my opinion. An easy mode would be a good addition in the future

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
This might be my game of the year. I haven't finished a few of the top releases but in terms of fun factor and the cyberpunk aesthetics it's top notch. I hope they can fix the performance with raytracing turned on. I mean I can play it over 60 but I can also play it at 165 without it. But fuck is it fun to play and look at.
This game is easily my GOTY so far. Beat the game yesterday and I absolutely adore everything about it and actually thought it was pretty fair in its execution. Sometimes encounters are hard, but using your abilities wisely always proves to be executable so to say. Nothing impossible, but sometimes quite hard, like the tower boss enemy.

It's a 10/10 game in my books easily.

DiscoThunder

May 7, 2019
It's been a while since I've felt this sucky at a game, lol.
Having a rough time wrapping my brain around using only triggers for every action, only been playing for 30 minutes though.

I can imagine it feels great when it clicks. How long does that take? :p

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Having a rough time wrapping my brain around using only triggers for every action, only been playing for 30 minutes though.

My playthrough took around 6,5 hours according to steam. If you're playing on PC I highly recommend using keyboard and mouse. Much easier to be precise

Also, pay attention to upgrades you receive. Equip them when you can. On PC you press "T" to access them. Some of them are quite useful!

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017

When I first started, I was so frustrated. After about 30 minutes, I stopped. Then I was watching some people play, which inspired me to hop back in. It took like an hour or two, but now using the triggers feels like second-nature (until I try playing another game LOL), and I'm getting through levels without dying and going for better times. Also even more fun to play the earlier levels once you're powered up. :) It's great fun, but there is a bit of a barrier to entry. Thankfully dying and restarting is instantaneous.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
When I first started, I was so frustrated. After about 30 minutes, I stopped. Then I was watching some people play, which inspired me to hop back in. It took like an hour or two, but now using the triggers feels like second-nature (until I try playing another game LOL), and I'm getting through levels without dying and going for better times. Also even more fun to play the earlier levels once you're powered up. :) It's great fun, but there is a bit of a barrier to entry. Thankfully dying and restarting is instantaneous.
Yes! Going for better times is one of my goals too. Out of my Steam friends list I hold the best time for most levels. Gotta be number 1 in all of them xD.

I can only imagine how insane speedrunners will push these times in the future. Wanna see some experts doing their tricks for sure

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
This game is easily my GOTY so far. Beat the game yesterday and I absolutely adore everything about it and actually thought it was pretty fair in its execution. Sometimes encounters are hard, but using your abilities wisely always proves to be executable so to say. Nothing impossible, but sometimes quite hard, like the tower boss enemy.

It's a 10/10 game in my books easily.
Finished it just a minute ago. Loved it! Even the difficult platforming parts that I died a ton I just pushed through. It's so good.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna buy this game tonight or tomorrow. I put like 2 hours into the demo and can speed run it without dying. Does the game get more challenging than the demo? Once you understand how to dodge it's actually a pretty easy game. But if the challenge doesn't ramp up I'll wait for a sale.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Gonna buy this game tonight or tomorrow. I put like 2 hours into the demo and can speed run it without dying. Does the game get more challenging than the demo? Once you understand how to dodge it's actually a pretty easy game. But if the challenge doesn't ramp up I'll wait for a sale.
It gets a lot harder. You won't regret buying it if thats you primary concern. Games awesome and very challenging at some points.

Rytheran

Oct 27, 2017
Just outside Holtburg
The demo is just the tutorial. The game slowly introduces about 8 different enemy types and more mechanics that make it tougher.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
This is a no. Anyone know how the 1X version runs? Also does it support K+M on Xbox?
1X version runs great! Looks like mostly 60fps to me and what looks like 1440p (not 4K native, but UI looks like it is). Not sure about kb/m support. There is a mild graphical bug where once in a while the game starts with a green/yellow tint to the screen, but it's remedied with a restart/reload.

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
1X version runs great! Looks like mostly 60fps to me and what looks like 1440p (not 4K native, but UI looks like it is). Not sure about kb/m support. There is a mild graphical bug where once in a while the game starts with a green/yellow tint to the screen, but it's remedied with a restart/reload.
im fine with 1440p60! Was gonna get it on PC but now I can get the big screen experience. Thanks.

DiscoThunder

May 7, 2019

Having now tried m+k for 15 minutes, I feel immediately at home. definitively the way to play it.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Are ps4 pro graphics patched by now?
The game looks to be right up my alley but the ps4 pro performance turned me away for the time being

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing on PC and am wondering if others are experiencing this issue that I am. There are times where it seemingly stops receiving input from my left click. Like, I'll position perfectly or be right next to someone that isn't shielded, and I click and nothing happens. I keep clicking, nothing happens. Move a bit, maybe jump, and it works again. It is make the game incredibly frustrating.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I'm playing on PC and am wondering if others are experiencing this issue that I am. There are times where it seemingly stops receiving input from my left click. Like, I'll position perfectly or be right next to someone that isn't shielded, and I click and nothing happens. I keep clicking, nothing happens. Move a bit, maybe jump, and it works again. It is make the game incredibly frustrating.

It's a bug, I thought they fixed it with the patch but for me I fixed it using this fix:
steamcommunity.com

Mouse Clicks Response intermittent :: Ghostrunner General Discussions

I'm having an issue with the game registering my mouse clicks, in particular on level 3 when you have to use the grapple hook continuously to climb the tower, the first couple of hooks work fine, but after that I'm clicking repeatedly and the grapple hook doesn't work and I fall to my doom. Yes...

It was super annoying playing the game before I searched the forum to find others were having the issue. Especially in a game with one hit kills.

Brainfreeze

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
I beat this game earlier today and really, really loved it. Like, everything about it was perfect. I had no idea this game existed a few days ago, so I'm glad this thread and the EZA review got my attention enough to try the demo.

I had this happen to me maybe 3 times or so through out my playthrough, usually when alt-tabbing or something. It was a bit annoying, but it never happened during combat for me. Anecdotally, it seemed like switching from borderless to fullscreen alleviated the issue.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bug, I thought they fixed it with the patch but for me I fixed it using this fix:
steamcommunity.com

Mouse Clicks Response intermittent :: Ghostrunner General Discussions

I'm having an issue with the game registering my mouse clicks, in particular on level 3 when you have to use the grapple hook continuously to climb the tower, the first couple of hooks work fine, but after that I'm clicking repeatedly and the grapple hook doesn't work and I fall to my doom. Yes...

It was super annoying playing the game before I searched the forum to find others were having the issue. Especially in a game with one hit kills.

Omg thank you.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
The new patch did wonders; the tearing is gone, the image quality is MUCH better and the framerate is much more stable (it still stutters and judders quite a bit though so far from a perfect 60 fps). I barely had started the game before trying the new patch, but it feels like something has taken a hit, maybe the lighting/shadows?

Still, much more playable now.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
The new patch did wonders; the tearing is gone, the image quality is MUCH better and the framerate is much more stable (it still stutters and judders quite a bit though so far from a perfect 60 fps). I barely had started the game before trying the new patch, but it feels like something has taken a hit, maybe the lighting/shadows?

Yeah, image maybe looks a little softer, but man, what a huge difference from launch day. Great to see them so quickly getting the game updated!

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018

Thanks for the impressions.
I think I'll hold out until the ps5 patch hits, the game looks like it really benefits from locked 60fps and a few graphical bells & whistles

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is with the save system in this game? I play for like an hour yesterday and have to re-do a shit ton of stuff. This is the second time this has happened. Ridiculous.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the 4th level. Game is really clicking now. I don't think my hands have been this sweaty playing a game in a long, long time. LOL The feeling of speed when traversing around these levels is amazing!

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
I got this game thanks to the Epic Coupon and I am liking it but I wish there was something more to help with awareness of enemies in your surrounding. I get shot by a guy off in the distance pretty often while I am dealing with the ones near me.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
It only saves upon level completion. When you get one of those screens that tells your time and death count.
Has to be one of the most baffling design decisions in a while. I almost figured it was a mistake and expected a patch to quickly change it, but so far nope. What's the point? It's needlessly frustrating to folks who can't dedicated 45 minutes to a single play session, and doesn't appear to have any impact on leaderboards or whatever. Would love to know the reason behind this very weird checkpoint system.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Been enjoying this after getting over the initial difficulty curve. Having it explained as an almost 'inverse Superhot' is what finally made the endless retrying click for me. Initially I was just finding it really frustrating to be throwing myself into the meat grinder, but for whatever reason, having it couched in the framework of Superhot made me OK with that concept.

Also, it *really* helped changing the controls to the 'Tactical' version made it much easier to pull off the kind of choreography of moves the game expects. Not having to take my thumbs off the sticks just made me feel a lot more in control.

My biggest complaint is the save system. I've not put as much time into it as I would have liked because I never know how much time I've got to budget for me to finish the next level completely. It's basically been a level a night, maybe two if I get an early start.

The other one is that the game definitely seems to lean a bit too much into the 'luck' aspect. Where as with Superhot, I felt like there was some variance in how each encounter would play out over and over, it was generally pretty easy to replicate certain outcomes as you tried to perfect your path through. With Ghostrunner, it's wildly different from run to run. Sometimes an enemy is immediately locked on me and firing right away, other times I'm able to close the distance before they even alert on me. Other times they spot me immediately, but take longer to start firing? It's very inconsistent and I haven't been able to piece out why leading the experience to feel a lot more random than I'd like.

Still, having fun with it! Not going to set the world on fire, but for $30, it is a pretty solid little game with a few caveats to really enjoy it.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
just now reading this. Thank you my fellow era poster
Unfortunately I forgot to update, no ultra performance mode that I can see. But there is performance, balance and quality which is an indication of dlss 2.0 at the very least which is still great. Ultra performance is for 8k, don't use it if you are running in 4k or lower, base res is 1/9 of native resolution which is way too low.

marcus

Oct 27, 2017
Is this out on Switch? I see a bundle on the eShop for Ghostrunner and Ghostunner Katanas DLC.

zero71

Dec 4, 2017
I've been saving this for my PS5. Booted it up and it looks worse than it did on 4Pro. Seems to be running the base PS4 profile so it's low resolution. Disappointing.

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
A buddy of mine gifted this to me on Steam over the Holidays. I am loving it so far.

Question for those running on PC - the RTX in this game doesn't appear to work or am I missing something?

I've been running everything maxed @ 1440p with a 3090FE, RTX ON, DLSS Balanced. The first 4 levels ran smooth (70-80FPS) but the game just takes a huge performance hit on level 5 with RTX enabled. Anyone else with a similar experience?

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A buddy of mine gifted this to me on Steam over the Holidays. I am loving it so far.

Question for those running on PC - the RTX in this game doesn't appear to work or am I missing something?

I've been running everything maxed @ 1440p with a 3090FE, RTX ON, DLSS Balanced. The first 4 levels ran smooth (70-80FPS) but the game just takes a huge performance hit on level 5 with RTX enabled. Anyone else with a similar experience?
Yup. Had to play with it off. I went from like a consistent 144 with RTX off to around 50-60 w/ it on, with it going to 15-20 at the worst. Couldn't deal with it. This was on a 3080.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
this game is giving me a bit of motion sickness, never happens usually!

i know changing the FOV could help with that (i'm on PC)

I'm playing on my TV though, about 2.5m (8 feet) from it it's a 55"

i tried a few, while i see the difference i'm not sure what is causing motion sickness the most... what would you recommend?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Re-playing this at 120hz and holy shit it takes the experience up a whole notch. Wish I'd played it like this in the first place. Really love this game, just struck all the right chords for me. Anyone know how well this game ended up selling?