• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Unless it's indie level graphics, I wouldn't play any third party games on the Switch. The cutbacks and performance are always way behind the other platforms.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
The demo for this was rough with RTX, even on a 3080 with DLSS. Will wait to see how the performance in the final game is.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The game logged me out of my psn account twice when i tried accessing the options on the main menu. When i finally got into the game. Ive never seen a game run at such a low resolution on ps4. Its definitely sub hd. And the screen tearing is awful too.

TentPole

Oct 28, 2017
Woof. This is rough on ps4 pro. I'm bummed for now but at least it is a free ps5 upgrade so I should get a good version eventually so I'm not too upset.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Unless it's indie level graphics, I wouldn't play any third party games on the Switch. The cutbacks and performance are always way behind the other platforms.

That's still a good trade-off to play the games on the go. The fact that were now getting the same game with other platforms instead of super gimped down version is the reason is worth the cutbacks.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

Here's our video review - running at 4k on a 3080, it hits near-as-dammit locked 120fps without RTX at native 4k, and over 60 with RTX and DLSS turned on

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the first game that really gives me Hotline Miami vibes, and HM is one of my GOATs. That being said, it seems that the performance on Switch are really rough, maybe I'll wait for the PS5 to play it...

Oct 14, 2019
Worth calling out that this is produced by 3D Realms and developed at least in part by Slipgate Ironworks. See why that is relevant here - https://www.resetera.com/threads/bigoted-devs-part-of-3d-realms'-realms-deep-show.281351/

Lant_War can we get this noted in your OP? I think it is important this note not get buried in the thread.

Thank you for spreading awareness!

I hadn't heard of this game before, saw the reviews and thought it looked interesting. Really glad you posted this, however, as it saved me from making a bad decision in supporting this.

zero71

Dec 4, 2017
Just started it on PS4 Pro. It's a blurry mess that's well below 4K and it's full of screen tearing. It's no match for the PC demo for sure. Pretty disappointed.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
According to the PlayStation store it is PS4 Pro Enhanced so maybe something has gone wrong here? Has anyone tested it on the base PS4?

Not sure about specific frame rate, but it looked pretty good to me. There was some noticeable screen tear though, and I'm not particularly sensitive to that sort of thing.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Good lord the base PS4 version is rough. Near constant screen tearing, jaggies everywhere. Think I might just wait until that PS5 upgrade hits.

Last edited:

zero71

Dec 4, 2017
I had a hard time with the demo and the controls of the controller. Need to try it with KB+M.
I'm getting along with it much better with controller than keyboard and mouse. You need to keep track of 5 action buttons to be used in rapid succession - Jump, Boost, Slide, Grapple, Melee. Not to mention strafing all the time. I found it too much with the keyboard, but I've not really played much on PC for the past 15 years.

Last edited:

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Can't wait to play this after my midterms. Fell in love with the game after trying the demo and pre ordered it. Good to see it has been getting good reviews.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
I'm getting along with it much better with controller than keyboard and mouse. You need to keep track of 5 action buttons to be used in rapid succession - Jump, Boost, Slide, Grapple, Melee. Not to mention strafing all the time. I found it too much with the keyboard, but I've not really played much on PC for the past 15 years.

Melee & Grapple are left and right mouse clicks. And the jump, boost, slide are on the same binds than almost all FPS on earth.
So it feels pretty natural as long as you play regularly on PC.

zero71

Dec 4, 2017
Melee & Grapple are left and right mouse clicks. And the jump, boost, slide are on the same binds than almost all FPS on earth.
So it feels pretty natural as long as you play regularly on PC.

I know. I played the demo on PC a lot when it came out a few months ago. I've been playing Doom Eternal a lot in the past couple of months too. I am out of practice though - the last time I played a lot of PC was probably around the launch of the original Deus Ex.

I'm just saying that splitting the action controls across two hands on a console pad feels more intuitive than trying to cover most of it with one hand on a mouse. It took me time to get decent at Ghostrunner on PC, but it felt natural, if ugly, on the PS4 Pro. I should have bought it for the XsX but my son wants to play it too, so we went PS instead - hope they fix it for PS5 or a patch for PS4 Pro.

zero71

Dec 4, 2017
Looks so much better on Xbox One X. I hope the Pro patch comes soon, or at least before PS5 launch.

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
Hopefully the rough technical stuff can be ironed out ASAP, was looking forward to trying it but will hold out until a patch

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I really wish there was a way to customize the controls better on PS4. I get why they are set up the way they are, but I'm not feeling the shoulder config and wish a lot of my actions could be tied to the face buttons instead.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Has anyone been able to download this on Steam yet?? I can't even seem to preload it never mind play it.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
So, I've been playing it and for some reason cannot put the game in fullscreen mode nor activate RTX. Anyone having this issues? RTX 3080 here

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
This game is fantastic, it's scratching that mirrors edge itch for me; playing at a locked 1440p/144fps is sweet as well

Need to run the DX12 version. Experimental
Still doesn't show on DX12.

There's no perf penalty on DX12 for windowed anyway so it's fine, but raytracing seems to be broken. It turns itself off when you exit the menu everytime

Manac0r

Oct 30, 2017
UK
This game is fantastic, it's scratching that mirrors edge itch for me; playing at a locked 1440p/144fps is sweet as well

Still doesn't show on DX12.

There's no perf penalty on DX12 for windowed anyway so it's fine, but raytracing seems to be broken. It turns itself off when you exit the menu everytime

Strange. Is this the demo or full version? Been playing the demo on DX12 with RTX on with a 3080.

The game is blinding, and when you hit that rhythm, music and zen like focus/control.... you literally are dancing along the razer's edge.

I can literally feel new synaptic networks forming as I play!!!