• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jrpl

Nov 20, 2017

The beloved and critically acclaimed Ghostbusters video game is back and remastered for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Epic Games store! Join The Ghostbusters at www.playghostbusters.com

Last edited:

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
This is the good one, right?
Was really disappointed when it got delisted on Steam.
Is this PS4 exclusive?

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I bought it but never got around to finishing it. From what I remember it had great attention to detail but was a pretty middling third person shooter otherwise.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
zero gameplay all CG scenes. Which doesn't inspire confidence in me.

Expecting a PC port with 0 work to fix the bugs or actually improve the visuals beyond maybe a few touched up textures.

Would love to be wrong though as I love the game.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This is a good game btw.
Good humor, decent gameplay.

So exciting remaster.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I missed this last gen and started it last year on the X but I stopped hoping there would be a X Enhanced patch. Good thing I waited!

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if this got remastered to tie into the upcoming movie. As in they're still keeping this canon

I hope so because it's STUPID they decided it wasn't canon around the time the 2016 reboot came around, and we know how that movie went. Put the game back into canon and tie it into the upcoming movie. Sorted.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm glad its coming out again but I 'm passing.

I bought it originally at launch and got jack of it after a few hours. Tried again when it went BC on X1. Yeah, It's fun tos ee the characters and hear the voices, but it's not a particularly good game.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well... a new game would be great. This game wasn't that good. Not nearly as bad as the trash tier reboot movie, still... shit.

Last edited:

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Really liked this game when I played it last gen, hope the price isn't too high for this one, because I would definitely replay it.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Can't seem to find any confirmation of platforms beyond PS4, but since it was originally leaked on XB1 I can imagine it's at least an XB1/PS4/PC title.

Shame about the lack of the Wii game. I loved that version when I was younger and it would have made this package a lot better. I'll probably end up picking this up though (as long as the remaster's not a crap job).

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Gonna just assume its a simple PC port and dump.

Wonder if they'll have bothered 'remastering' the Online multiplayer mode from the PS3/360 versions though. It was actually quite fun when it worked, but the servers were massively glitched during launch month and screwed matchmaking so everyone gave up and abandoned it early on.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
My lasting memory of the game is a level near the end where you're 'cut off' from the other Ghostbusters by a 3 foot wall, so need to find another path

I remember the cut scenes being good, but the actually game and AI being pretty bland

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, random remaster aside, this was an okay game in 2009. May check into it at ~$10 assuming it isn't a an exclusive for whatever reason.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the Steam version on sale at some point but never played it. Does that PC version run well?

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
This isn't a 'play this even if you don't like the IP' like say the Batman Arkham games, but if you like Ghostbusters this is a must play. The love for the IP, the attention to detail, its one of the best licensed games in terms of how well it leverages the license.

Nov 18, 2017
What I expect:

X1/Pro 4K support.
60fps

What I want:

Improved load times.
High-res textures.
Improved geometry and lighting.
All bonus costumes unlocked from the start.
Tweaks to difficulty spikes.
Fixed online.

What would be delightful:

RGB suits
Expanded online
A sequel / RGB open world game.