• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly this is just a fast cash grab they are trying to pull just before the new movie come out (next year?) So i really don't expect they work more on it despite online multiplayer

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Sony outsourced the development of a game based on their own original IP from their film studio?

Lol. I'll give it a go.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
wtf...that's quite a big jump.

I'm honestly more shocked at how bad the PS3 version looks/runs. I only played the PC version.
The PS3 version ranks among the worst X360-PS3 port with Bioshock and Red Dead Redemption.

If 60fps are confirmed on One X I could consider it but not at full price. I own the 360 version which is BC on One already.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
I played the PS3 version and managed to enjoy that even though the port was bad. Hell I even liked the "Horde Mode". Great game. Not great enough for a double dip.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Here are both of Gameblog's reviews.

PS4, 7/10: http://www.gameblog.fr/tests/3507-ghostbusters-the-video-game-remastered-ps4

Switch, 6/10: http://www.gameblog.fr/tests/3509-ghostbusters-the-video-game-remastered-switch

The Switch version isn't really a remastered game in my book. I now hope that we'll get some news regarding the new multiplayer mode soon.
Alarming the absence of french dub: here in Italy they hired the original dubbers from the movies (that were still alive) and made a top-of-the-notch dub, while giving the option for the original voices.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing the switch version and while I'm only in the hotel so far it looks/runs very very well. Albiet looks exactly the same as the PC version (as far as I can tell) but still a decent looking game especially on the small screen).

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Alarming the absence of french dub: here in Italy they hired the original dubbers from the movies (that were still alive) and made a top-of-the-notch dub, while giving the option for the original voices.

The PS3-360 had a French dub with some of the original actors. I don't know why they didn't include it this time.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did they tone down the late game encounter on the graveyard (iirc)? Awful difficulty spike that was..

From what I've seen and read, they've done litteraly nothing to the port except add in loving memory of Harold Ramis, controller icons, and removed multiplayer. They better add multiplayer or i'll be one cranky ass ¬_¬

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
The PS3-360 had a French dub with some of the original actors. I don't know why they didn't include it this time.

Did you check the audio settings in the options menu?

If I recall correctly the game starts off with the english VO by default and I had to switch to the spanish VO in the options menu

Shyranui

Oct 29, 2017
Spain
From what I've read in other forums (without sources so it could be false) the dubs were payed by Atari (the original publisher). Sadly the spanish one is also missing.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
The PC version is absolute garbage. As far as I can tell it's the original game and nothing has been touched. Still has 30hz menu's and the video resolution for cutscenes are ridiculously low, probably ~720p.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The PC version is absolute garbage. As far as I can tell it's the original game and nothing has been touched. Still has 30hz menu's and the video resolution for cutscenes are ridiculously low, probably ~720p.

Yep can confirm it's 0% different or remastered. I could tell when they announced it how they only showed cg cutscenes but stillI had fools hope.

At least it runs smooth on switch, while this developer should be called out for bullshit work, on flipsideI can play Ghostbusters in bed.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I'm gonna try to get the Xbox 360 for cheap tonight and compare it to Switch, but so far no local stores have the X360 version. Kind of hoping to avoid buying it digitally for $15...

Edit: Success. Will do a 360 vs Switch Docked vs Undocked video tonight.

Last edited:

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Snagged a physical copy for Switch, will keep it wrapped until after I see the first movie in theaters next week (for the third time :P ) then go home and watch the second. I love ghostbusters so much, I'm very excited to have a chance to play this again after never finishing the PS3 version back then.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Snagged it on Xbox One. Game suffers from crushed blacks. Haven't had an issue with any other game before.

NR1

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas, TX
3BFQL3U.jpg

I'm ready to bust some ghosts this weekend! I can't wait for Luigi's Manson 3 to come out at the end of the month too!

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
Got the PS4 version physical and it won't get past the opening intro. Just skips endlessly.:( Gonna swap out my copy tomorrow. I've never had an issue a disc before...

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Got the PS4 version physical and it won't get past the opening intro. Just skips endlessly.:( Gonna swap out my copy tomorrow. I've never had an issue a disc before...

I had that problem too on my pro. Blu-ray seeking like crazy. I let it do that for about thirty seconds, went to the home menu, opened and closed the game a couple times trying to figure out why the traffic on the title screen kept stuttering... and by the time I started the game again the intro was fine. I'm guessing it wasn't completely loaded in the first time. Shrug.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Yep can confirm it's 0% different or remastered. I could tell when they announced it how they only showed cg cutscenes but stillI had fools hope.

At least it runs smooth on switch, while this developer should be called out for bullshit work, on flipsideI can play Ghostbusters in bed.

That sucks... and to say they removed the steam page for this... I cannot get the game's manual anymore through the steam link.

Oct 27, 2017

Ditto here. Not a scratch on the game though. I think it's an installion error.

EDIT: the skipping stops after the cut scene with Janine at the beginning. Game looks normal, but PS4 Pro sounds like a plane engine. Will update throughout the night if necessary.

Last edited:

SiG

Oct 25, 2017

Really tempted to get this on switch.
From the sound of things, it looks like Switch version seems to be the best out of all the conversions i.e. least amount of issues.

Also can't beat Bustin in bed.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Doritos branding was removed. At least in the video I just watched with "Crispy Chips" (or snacks?) ads in Time Square. Just noting because some may think they didn't touch anything, but that's something.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Saw the game in 60fps in Karak's review, but that was PC. Do we know of the X and Pro run it at 60fps as well?

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
I only played the PS2 version last time around (based on the Wii version), so I'm someone interested in this.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Have the original sitting on steam, never played it. Strangely enough the remastered version on pc is twice the size than the original. Why is it so big if there is no change other than higher resolution?

OP
OP
A Ream of Paper
Apr 8, 2018
So the GB2 suit and Gold Proton pack (preorder bonuses for the original release) are in the game. They're unlockable by completing the game on normal (experienced) and difficult (professional) respectively. Confirmed via the official Twitter:

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017

Same thing happened to me. I left it in the main menu for a bit and then it worked. I assume it was installing without letting you know it was.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
From this video comparing the PC original to the remaster, it does look like some textures were upscaled, but very few. The ones that were certainly don't look like they were upscaled using something like gigapixel, but there are some slight improvements, honestly though if the textures were able to be modded any community AI upscaling pack would likely look 10x better.

The AA implementation is quite strong in the remaster as well, but it does cut down on the pixel shimmering which was quite bad in the original - a sharpening filter would help quite a lot I would think.

Quikies83

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
Is this game sending anyone's Xbox one X into full fan jet mode? Lol
System has good air flow but my shit literally just force powered off.

OP
OP
A Ream of Paper
Apr 8, 2018
Is this game sending anyone's Xbox one X into full fan jet mode? Lol
System has good air flow but my shit literally just force powered off.
I've been playing on XB1X and have had no issues with my console powering off (so far).

Are you at the Sedgewick Hotel level? I've heard of XB1 consoles powering off during the Fisherman Ghost section.