• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 25, 2018
Wasn't it promised eventually it would be added? It's been quite a few months since release and still no word about it. I remember on PS3 or 360 that multiplayer was actually pretty fun.

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It was promised during the Ghostbusters TVG panel at Ghostbusters Fan Fest last June. I know because I was there. They said they were working on an all new multiplayer that would be added for free at a later date. And they haven't mentioned it since.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Doing some Googling, there seems to be a bunch of random YT videos and Reddit posts saying "multiplayer will come," but when you dig to find an actual source, there is none. However, there is this interview, which suggests it was never a plan at all:

hCYojNU.png

At best, there were evaluating the situation, never working on it. And now, likely have moved on

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was actually thinking about this today. Would be nice if they commented on it, that's actually one of the reasons I bought it. The OG multiplayer was insanely good.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Lol made a post on the original thread about this. Wish they would give us an update, even a simple, "we're not working on it anymore".

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Be cool like a Splinter Cell Spy v Mercs MP. There GBs have to hunt down ghosts hiding in objects around the map or something.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Doing some Googling, there seems to be a bunch of random YT videos and Reddit posts saying "multiplayer will come," but when you dig to find an actual source, there is none. However, there is this interview, which suggests it was never a plan at all:

hCYojNU.png

At best, there were evaluating the situation, never working on it. And now, likely have moved on
That's a real shame, the multiplayer was fantastic. I was going to buy the game on launch but then got cold feet about how vague they were being regarding when multiplayer would be added, looks like that was the right decision.

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

hCYojNU.png

Read my post above yours. I was actually there when they announced it! It was one of the producers of the original game and someone from Saber Interactive. They gave a bunch of reasons why they had to make a brand new multiplayer. I could give you a link to the article I wrote back then but it's in French.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Read my post above yours. I was actually there when they announced it! It was one of the producers of the original game and someone from Saber Interactive. They gave a bunch of reasons why they had to make a brand new multiplayer. I could give you a link to the article I wrote back then but it's in French.

Yeah most of the articles talking about the MP reference that Fan Fest, and how they are completely remaking the MP

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Granted though it's only been 6 - 7 months since last june when they supposedly said it was coming. In game development time that's not really that long between announcements. So perhaps it's still stewing and we will still get an update soonish?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It was promised during the Ghostbusters TVG panel at Ghostbusters Fan Fest last June. I know because I was there. They said they were working on an all new multiplayer that would be added for free at a later date. And they haven't mentioned it since.

That Q&A is up here: https://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/scblog/2019/10/04/ghostbusters-fan-fest-gbvg-panel

And they say "the plan is," and "hopefully" when regarding multiplayer. That still suggests to me they were evaluating the situation at that point, and have since decided to commit their time elsewhere.

They are still working on World War Z. A bunch of Switch ports (including Witcher), and are a support dev on Killing Floor 2. They are busy.

I think the reality of the situation is they are busy, and looking for a better return on investment for their work than this

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
They seemed pretty positive that a new multiplayer would be added. They explained why the original MP wouldn't be in the remaster and talked about their plans for the free updates that would come at a later date. Why promise stuff when you know full well that you won't keep your promise?

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was going to make a thread about this, but then I saw one got made 5 months ago ¬_¬.

They seemed pretty positive that a new multiplayer would be added. They explained why the original MP wouldn't be in the remaster and talked about their plans for the free updates that would come at a later date. Why promise stuff when you know full well that you won't keep your promise?

Because people will buy the game, then probably forget about it?

The remaster was a absolute joke, 99% of the game was exactly the same.

The only SAVING grace is that I could get it on the Switch. It's clear that they used the PC version as a base to port to the consoles, hence the lack of multiplayer.

Tis a shame as I love Ghostbusters and was pissed when the PC version didn't have MP, and now I'm double pissed. :'(

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who on earth would play that enough to warrant them adding it.

This, I dont think it sold well enough (not surprising as it seems to pretty much be just a straight port) or would sell more because of MP.
Anything other than the team moving on to something else would be stupid but they could at least communicate that.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
Any updates? Currently on sale on Switch and I'll pounce on it immediately if it has local co-op but it's proving extremely hard to find any information about this!

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Any updates? Currently on sale on Switch and I'll pounce on it immediately if it has local co-op but it's proving extremely hard to find any information about this!

I would assume at this point it's just not coming at all. I can't see it being worth it for them considering the amount of work behind the implementation of multiplayer versus how few people would actually play it.

However, for the current sale price it's a really good time! I would recommend it for sure.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
I would assume at this point it's just not coming at all. I can't see it being worth it for them considering the amount of work behind the implementation of multiplayer versus how few people would actually play it.

However, for the current sale price it's a really good time! I would recommend it for sure.
No co-op means no rush in my case (this would be perfect to play with the SO now since it is the appropriate season). It'll see a purchase from me eventually but without co-op I'm in no particular rush.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Its been one year since this game launched. Shame on Saber, couldn't even bother giving us an update or breaking the bad news

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
No co-op means no rush in my case (this would be perfect to play with the SO now since it is the appropriate season). It'll see a purchase from me eventually but without co-op I'm in no particular rush.

Yeah totally, and it's most definitely not cool how they just swept this whole thing under the rug. I was happy to pay 4 bucks for it thanks to the current sale price plus some Gold Points but that's frankly the only reason I went for it.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I didn't realize the PS4 version didn't have multi-player. I might pick this up at some point just to get the platinum, since I was denied it in the original PS3 release due to not hitting one multi-player requirement.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yep clearly never gonna happen. I did enjoy playing through the campaign again though, they did a fine job porting it over.