• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one?

• Ghostbusters

Votes: 98 66.2%
  • Gremlins

Votes: 47 31.8%
  • Ironman 2

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Both "horror" comedies that came out the same day in 1984 and both start with G. Both are some of my favorite movies ever. It's hard to pick.
Ghostbusters_%281984%29_theatrical_poster.png

latest

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ghostbusters. Not only is it a better movie than Gremlins, but Gremlins is completely outclassed by its sequel.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Gremlins is great but Ghostbusters is perfect.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I voted Gremlins, but only because this movie used to terrorize my dreams as a child. Is this what the Stockholm syndrome is? Please send help.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I voted Gremlins, but only because this movie used to terrorize my dreams as a child. Is this what the Stockholm syndrome is? Please send help.

I had nightmares about Gremlins for like 4 years as a kid! From ages like 4-9.

Like I would be bebopping along and enjoying my dream when suddenly the lights would go out and I'd hear laughter - that's how I knew the Gremlins were coming to eat me. Which is weird in retrospect since I don't think they would eat people - just murder them in hilariously dark ways.

Thank god for the combination of getting older and Gremlins 2 turning them into cartoon characters

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly don't know how you'd miss it. That movie was on constantly when I was kid.

I know, all the damn time! (And Police Academy movies) I really don't understand it. I owned the game on NES, saw the first one a bunch of times and I just watched the trailer for part 2 just to see if it jogged my memory and the only thing familiar about it is the trailer guy's voice.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Ghostbusters is funnier, but Gremlins is scarier. I think the number of great actors gives Ghostbusters an edge overall, but Gremlins is still great.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Just watched The Movies That Made Us episode about Ghostbusters. Here's hoping they do one on Gremlins too! It would only be fair.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
Ghostbusters>Gremlins2>Gremlins=Ghostbusters 2.

But there are no losers, it's just microns of degrees of separation if that, and they may overlap at the quantum level.
Ghostbusters and Gremlins 2 are true masterpieces, genius entertainment movies.
Ghostbusters 2 is always severely underrated, and Gremlins is MY favorite Christmas movie.

Goddamn I loved that era.