• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Shandor Mining Co. is both a fun reference and a depressing indication that we're just doing Gozer again. I don't mind nostalgia grabs but come up with a new villain at least.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I love it!! Ghostbusters is back baby!

Dont like the composition of this trailer tho. Very weak.....

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that is the farmhouse that Egon took out a 3rd mortgage on to fund the original Ghostbusters?

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
So many people complaining about "Why is the kid from Stranger Things in EVERYTHING?!"

I decided to look up his filmography -- other than IT, he hasn't actually been in much of anything (2 small voice acting roles and 2 minor roles in indie films). Is there some reason people seem to think he's all over the place now? Are they confusing someone else for him?

The complaints he should branch out are a bit weird too. Not sure if they want him in the next Expendables film or to play the the role of Bruce Lee in a Enter the Dragon remake or what.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I like the original, do not love it like many do. This is a cool idea, after 30 years without it the whole idea of ghosts is rediscovered, together with the ghostbusters, I see the issues with "people forgot" but I can suspend disbelief enough that after 30 years people wouldn't be worried about it anymore until it comes back, so I am on board.

I think a cameo would not sway me to like it better or worse really, I guess they are saving it for trailers closer to the movie maybe? and if not, hey great, when we watch the movie it will be an awesome surprise, I hate when trailers give away too much.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Love it.

The question is in the next trailer who is going to be doing the "Chewie we're home" moment, Ray, Peter or Winston

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trailer was interesting. Obviously some nostalgia appeal with all the old equipment etc. but they aren't trying to rely on the old Cast at least at this stage to drive interest.

In the Ghostbuster world the invasion of the ghosts was all planned by Shandor so them disappearing after defeating shandors plans makes sense. Having this take place at a previously unknown Shandor site is fitting. I'm cautiously optimistic. Nothing I saw was horrible and tone wise it was very much close to the Original movie

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Trailer was interesting. Obviously some nostalgia appeal with all the old equipment etc. but they aren't trying to rely on the old Cast at least at this stage to drive interest.

In the Ghostbuster world the invasion of the ghosts was all planned by Shandor so them disappearing after defeating shandors plans makes sense. Having this take place at a previously unknown Shandor site is fitting. I'm cautiously optimistic. Nothing I saw was horrible and tone wise it was very much close to the Original movie

It would also explain why Egon bought a farm house. He could have been researching the site to figure out what Shandor was up to.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is James Rolfe gonna disembow this too or it's fine because it's no an all-woman cast?

Seeing as all he said was he has no intrest in a ghostbuster film that ignores 2 movies and 2 series then no. And lets not forget that his wife was called a golddigger for being with a guy that did not want to watch a movie.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The idea that people just forgot about 100% proof of life after death and ghosts is just ridiculous. It seems like such a shame that they can't do more with the premise of "What would the world be like if we knew ghosts were real?"

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
A very interesting trailer. It felt like a Spielberg movie which could potentially work (I wasn't immediately turned off like GB2016 which felt like a SNL parody of Ghostbusters from the first trailer). Obviously the movie could be different and it does feel like they were holding a lot back from this trailer (which is fine).

I look forward to seeing more and I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Never watched Any Ghostbusters ...and this trailer didn't do anything to grab me otherwise... Meh

Browser

Apr 13, 2019

I love that they are at least attempting to make sure the movie stands on its own narrativewise and makes sense as an unit before the nostalgia train comes in and either elevates it or destroys it, dependig on how they handle it.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would also explain why Egon bought a farm house. He could have been researching the site to figure out what Shandor was up to.
Yup that could explain it for sure. Farm house out in the middle of nowhere really doesn't scream Egon but with the area tied to another Shandor owned venture it starts to make more sense. Shandor has always been the lynchpin for Ghostbusters be it the movies or the game.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
The idea that people just forgot about 100% proof of life after death and ghosts is just ridiculous. It seems like such a shame that they can't do more with the premise of "What would the world be like if we knew ghosts were real?"

Paul Rudd's character remembers everything and is shocked the two kids aren't familiar with it. We have no idea what the general public thinks, just these two kids.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

We cant get people to believe in climate change or that Donald Trump is a criminal. If someone told you the statue of liberty walked and ghosts were real and dont live in new york during the course of the movies would you believe it? Hell look at how any Ghost topic/ strange occurrence topic goes on era.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Yup that could explain it for sure. Farm house out in the middle of nowhere really doesn't scream Egon but with the area tied to another Shandor owned venture it starts to make more sense. Shandor has always been the lynchpin for Ghostbusters be it the movies or the game.

I also have a theory on how Slimer gets all the way out there(I'm convinced he's the green blurry ghost in the trailer and they are obscuring him on purpose).

He's been in that trap that the kids find for the past 30 years. The kids and Paul Rudd accidentally release him. Hijinks ensue.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
what the fuck at the dislike for Finn Wolfhard in this thread. Seriously? kid has been in Stranger Things and IT and you can't take any more of him? Kid is a good actor and he's fun to watch. Casting him and that girl as Egon's grandchildren seems like a great idea to me.

the different tone that this trailer evokes feels like a wonderful surprise and a new Ghostbusters having a different vibe than the originals or even the 2016 one seems like a good thing to me.

Seriously I don't get it. Bunch of salty peeps here

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
At least one thing ID4 resurgence did right. I mean it got it wrong, but the base premise right.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it'll be a fun movie, I wish it based around Paul Rudd instead of the kids. Rick Moranis plz

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I think a thing people miss is that ghosts aren't normally around like that. All of the paranormal events were caused by Shandor. It's been 30 years without Shandor schemes.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
GB2016 was using the past movies like improv troupes use suggestions from the audience.

Which is fitting, because that entire movie was the cinematic equivalent of going to an improv show where one of the performers is really good and the rest are extremely mediocre and it just stars to drag and drag and draaaaaag and then you look at your watch and you've lost two and a half hours of your life but can't remember a single scene in any detail...

oh god I've watched too much improv

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Is that so weird? The Ghostbusters are treated like conmen up until the last acts of the first two movies, nobody but NY residents directly affected would believe in ghosts, and even then some might blame hallucinations and whatnot. Plenty of room for doubt and ghosts stop appearing altogether between movies.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I am interested. Really didn't like the reboot they tried a few years ago, so I hope this is better.