• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
Well, Aykroid always pitched crazy ideas when it came to GB. It was Ivan that was able to Ground the original script to be able to sell the movie. At least according to his interview on the Netflix ep of movies that made us.

So, looking back now I see how these sequel ideas from him don't seem far from his norm. His ideas were always crazy.

That's absolutely right! He's always been a good ideas person who needs grounding from another creative influence.

OP
OP
Khanimus

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I don't think the statue of liberty walking around or a marshmellow godzilla walking around would be forgottet, ever. There are things like a fireworks show gone wrong at a baseball game from the 70's still remembered today.
I mean the Ghostbusters are admitted to a mental institution and they're looked at like "so...ghosts, huh?" And that was only 5 years after Mr. Staypuft stomped a church, and after they literally rebuilt their business because ghosts were happening again.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised at the reaction here. Thought the trailer was a good first look and I'm excited to see more.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
That looked fantastic, not quite the same feel as the original, but a nice update.

Also much better than the garbage one from 2016, but I guess that's a low bar to begin with.

Dec 12, 2017
Superb. Can't wait to see more.

And SMH at people saying this looks too much like Stranger Things, which itself was INSPIRED by things like Ghostbusters.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great!

I especially loved the footage of the original film they were watching.

I suspect that weirdly this film will receive a lot of hate from those that loved the Ghostbusters reboot because it's not got an all female cast in it, which is weird considering how it went down with the reboot.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
abXaMpm.gif

So we're on the same page, good.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Seem like your average spooky thriller with all the build up. Completely lacks the character of the originals. Cast all look the part but the writing seems completely humourless. Hmmm.

And I honestly quite liked the last one, it was closer to the original than this. Why on Earth is it set out in the middle of nowhere? New York is the heart and soul of these movies.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looks like an interesting take on the franchise. I'll definitely check it out tho I wish they'd followed up on the '16 film as well, it was fun

OP
OP
Khanimus

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Seem like your average spooky thriller with all the build up. Completely lacks the character of the originals. Cast all look the part but the writing seems completely humourless. Hmmm.

And I honestly quite liked the last one, it was closer to the original than this. Why on Earth is it set out in the middle of nowhere? New York is the heart and soul of these movies.
Almost like this franchise needed some new blood or something.

Doing the same shit again wasn't going to cut it.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Whatever I thought Ghostbusters 3 was gonna be, it definitely wasn't this.

Meh, could be a decent stranger things knock off I guess.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great!

I especially loved the footage of the original film they were watching.

I suspect that weirdly this film will receive a lot of hate from those that loved the Ghostbusters reboot because it's not got an all female cast in it, which is weird considering how it went down with the reboot.

I can guarantee you no one from this movie is going to get harassed of social media... before you get carried away with this hot take of yours

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017

The original ghostbusters was like lightning in a bottle. The premise/world itself wasn't that compelling or interesting it was the chemistry of the actors in the original movie that made it work. They couldn't even recapture that lighting for ghostbusters 2. We've seen the MIB franchise die because they tried to repeat themselves/or just recast and get the same chemistry. Either have a very different take on the franchise or let it die tbh.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to tell.
I have always associated Ghostbusters world, with a modern city setup. The contrast of having ancient/supernatural events happening within a shallow consumerist society surrounded by technology just make it sing (same concept than Big Troubles in Little China or Gremlins).
This looks way too close to Stranger Things, instead. With Egon becoming a sort of rural "Prepper".

The originals have already made it clear that the world as a whole will never accept the reality of ghosts, and would rather just sidestep around it, so that's not a problem story wise.
But the trailer only seems to be addressing the 1st half of the movie, so it's hard to tell how the story will go.

Not a fan of the ST actor, though. The other ones looks fine.
I can see myself watching it, but won't deny that I would have loved yet another amazing hype feeling like when I saw the original cast being all pop nostalgic on Bobby Brown's video

Last edited:

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I think they cut the trailer to intentionally be extra serious/mysterious, it's a comedy movie and they don't want to give away the best jokes in a trailer. Smart imo.

Aug 3, 2018
Despite the different tone of the first two movies, in a 2 minute trailer it looks infinitely superior to the trash that was the 2016 movie.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that necessarily means no one remembers, just that these particular kids don't know about it. Maybe Mom shielded them from it?

Or maybe she doesn't even know.

Which would be weird but possible I guess.

I'm just sad we'll never see a whole where Ghostbusters are hired just like any other exterminator lol

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This looks fantastic, and honestly feels a little bit like the TFA trailers.

Mythical, generational, the young sister and brother unearthing and inheriting the lost legacy of their grandfather. WWOW I dunno but it's giving me chills just thinking about it, which is honestly something I never would have expected to feel about any ghostbusters movie ever.

I'm so excited

Oct 27, 2017
Same reason why I hated Jurassic World with the Dinosuars are old news thing

I don't know, that seemed like the only good idea World had. If the park was up and running for years, eventually like everything else it would become blasé to the general public, who want "the next big thing". It seemed like genuine commentary, but it was executed in a pretty poor way.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Or maybe she doesn't even know.

Which would be weird but possible I guess.

I'm just sad we'll never see a whole where Ghostbusters are hired just like any other exterminator lol

The supernatural events in the earlier movies are treated like volcanoes. They might not erupt for a really long time. it makes sense there could have been a lack of "business" for 30 years.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Surprised at the reaction here. Thought the trailer was a good first look and I'm excited to see more.

It's sony pictures and there's a massive part of this forum that will always hate them for their bad movies (and there are a lot of them), but the fire got soaked in gasoline during the spiderman mess.

Oct 26, 2017
Why doesn't this first trailer have tons and tons of jokes and oneliners like the original movie? I mean, the trailer needs to be representative of that! This is all serious, all doomsday and very few ghosts too.

Oh...

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like the kind of movie Finn Wolfhard would be in. It's a little distracting. Other than that, I'm interested.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm into it. I like the serious tone but I have a feeling that dry humor will be intact. The folks making this one want it to be a true sequel. I like how it mirrors the real timing of the original to this sequel as well.