• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Happy the game is finally arriving. It looks rough, as one might expect after such a long development time, but the heart appears intact so it's a day 1 for me.

Developer comment

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys for your comments! Some things I can't comment on yet but I think there'll be news coming that'll please most of you who are asking about certain things.

With respect to what kind of game it is -- While it may have some superficial similarities to Super Metroid, it's not very Metroid like at all beyond that. There's a mix of melee and ranged combat, stats, levels, equippable items, and some mechanics that I think are kind of their own thing. I hope everyone likes it!

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
I remember Jobbs posting in-progress screenshots at the old place I think.. wayyy back in the day.

Been looking forward to it since! Day 1 for sure.

AOL Power User

alt account
Banned
Oct 4, 2021
Seattle, WA
Thanks guys for your comments! Some things I can't comment on yet but I think there'll be news coming that'll please most of you who are asking about certain things.

With respect to what kind of game it is -- While it may have some superficial similarities to Super Metroid, it's not very Metroid like at all beyond that. There's a mix of melee and ranged combat, stats, levels, equippable items, and some mechanics that I think are kind of their own thing. I hope everyone likes it!
Hey, just wanted to congratulate you again on this. I was there for the Kickstarter, and it is amazing to watch the entire development unfold. Just incredible persistence.

Mar 31, 2018

I'm definitely in…I'm assuming that glass tube was an homage to Super Metroid but the game itself seems quite different in terms of tone etc. What you're describing about the gameplay sounds awesome.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

What about level design? Does the map look somewhat like this:

Mapshot_HK_Benches.png

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I remember being super interested when this was revealed. It doesn't look like what I want in a Metroid like game anymore.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
Will probably have a steam code to give away for this because I backed it but don't have a pc anymore.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Day 1. Don't care if it ends up on Game Pass, don't care what price. Give me the iam8Bit LTD Collectors Edition Vinyl set even. Idgaf.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017

I remember you kindly sent me a beta key on Gaf. Happy to see you finally reaching the finish line. Can't wait to play it.

SeaSilver

Banned
Dec 28, 2020
Woohoo! I also originally backed this game ages ago and I'm super excited to finally see it reaching release. The atmosphere always looked and sounded great, and it still does!

I don't expect it to come out for the WiiU (lol) but I sure hope it's not PC and Xbox only.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
When I backed this game on KS, I was planning to play it on the Vita lol. Not mad it though. The dev has been pretty communicative and up front and the improvements to where it was years ago have been pretty significant and evident.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot they post here lol.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I was thinking about this game just a couple of days ago. Really looking forward to it

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
It's really funny to me that this game was announced just as the Metroidvania was ascending to the top of the indie development genre mountain, and is being released (maybe?) literally dozens of titles later into an incredibly crowded field. I'm a backer and looking forward to giving it a shot, but feel if this game had been announced a year ago I wouldn't care about it one bit. Yet another Indie Metroidvania. Oh, this one's moody and atmospheric? It's like the Squidward "feeling adventurous today, are we?" meme.

Oct 25, 2017
Now we just need Heart Forth Alicia, Radio the Universe and Adam Gryu (creator of "A Short Hike") untitled Paper Mario-like!

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
Daaaaaaamn. I remember taking part in the beta on neogaf. Holy moly. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

I've played a bit of this and I can't say I'm really feeling it much as it is right now. I just can't help but see right through the game and see it as the "Super Metroid in the mold of Hollow Knight" descriptor as being too literal and feel a lot of extreme déjà vu with virtually every aspect of the game right now, all while not really feeling like a lot of the elements to the game are coming together to feel like they all belong to each other in a cohesive manner. And while it's impressive that he managed to do this practically all by himself, you can really see a lot of the seams as a result with how harsh the cuts are with transitioning from one screen to the next or the lack of a proper left/right artwork for your character that makes it look silly when you swap sides while aiming. Surprisingly underwhelming given how it was originally pitched.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This game would've been cool five years ago.

I'm over losing your shit when you die outside of actual From games. Also someone let some indie devs know that enemies are allowed to drop hp lol.

I've played a bit of this and I can't say I'm really feeling it much as it is right now. I just can't help but see right through the game and see it as the "Super Metroid in the mold of Hollow Knight" descriptor as being too literal and feel a lot of extreme déjà vu with virtually every aspect of the game right now, all while not really feeling like a lot of the elements to the game are coming together to feel like they all belong to each other in a cohesive manner. And while it's impressive that he managed to do this practically all by himself, you can really see a lot of the seams as a result with how harsh the cuts are with transitioning from one screen to the next or the lack of a proper left/right artwork for your character that makes it look silly when you swap sides while aiming. Surprisingly underwhelming given how it was originally pitched.
Definitely agree that the cuts between screens are way too harsh.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yeesh that ban post wtf

I kickstarted this way back I don't know how long ago, kinda regret it now playing the demo. Analog controls only, no options to change. Hopefully it will get other control options in the full version.
It looks nice.