• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
iFp81lR.png

There was a leak yesterday over here https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak..._details_on_the_upcoming_ghost_recon_game_to/

A return to the old GR formula meaning no open world but linear/sand box levels
Set in modern day Vietnam
FPS
Developed by Ubi Paris

Announcement is today apparently

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I saw the leak yesterday, but looked kinda iffy.

Very interesting, seems to be the next Ubisoft Paris game.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Shame to see them go away from Open World. I really loved Wildlands... Ghost Recon should be about being able to roam and attack from any angle. But Breakpoint was not good at all.

But I'm interested, I will always give GR a chance. I hope it has co-op.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting to see a turn back to linearity. I think Breakpoint was a pretty good foundation to build on in the end. I'll be open to see what it's all about.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Arguably going back to "old GR formula" would have them making GR to be very hardcore experience, as it started as spin-off from those old R6 games. Tactical FPS squad game.

But I imagine this means just return to linear arcady FPS experience.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
As someone who thinks Wildlands and Breakpoint are total trash I am interesting in seeing what they will do with no open world again. Definitely hoping for a return to form. Also interested in seeing what they might to for competitive play. Advanced Warfighter and original Ghost Recon were pretty awesome there.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Arguably going back to "old GR formula" would have them making GR to be very hardcore experience, as it started as spin-off from those old R6 games. Tactical FPS squad game.

I would be happy with something that is more like Advanced Warfighter on 360. would I prefer it a little more hardcore like the original? Sure, but the former is imo still way better than what they did with the open world.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
If it's Ghost Recon, Island Thunder and Desert Siege-esque made pretty and so that you can see your weapons, I'm in.

If it's not, well. No.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017

Could be a solid mix between both like Advanced Warfighter on Xbox 360.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Breakpoint bombed so hard it made even Ubisoft potentially go away from an open world sequel.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
No Open World. I really hope they nail this and it sells like a dream if it's good. Ubisoft needs to realize we don't need every franchise in an Open World full of bullshit filler.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft Paris pumped out some utter tripe with Breakpoint and got all their sums wrong on what improvements a sequel should bring. I don't mind open worlds at all, but can you imagine another Wildlands with woeful driving handling and physics?

No problems with the devs pivoting to another direction.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
Please don't be a fucking BR.

Cautiously hyped for a new Ghost Recon. Breakpoint was a sharp, short lesson in what not to do, I hope it was studied exceptionally well.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
The move back to levels is certainly a welcome one
I may actually give this a look now

edit: nvm, sounds like it may not be the case then >_>

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully this means actual multiplayer maps. Wildlands came so close to capturing the feeling of Socom but the maps were hot garbage because they were just chunks cut out of an open world map.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Haha yeah.. people are not gonna like what this game is gonna turn out to be if it's what I heard it is

I mean if Ubisoft is willing to do that after Breakpoint, good luck to them i guess. But it is not surprising, they are on the roll with "ruining"franchises lately, phase that EA went through years ago and learned their lesson. I guess that companies really need to feel that disappointment and rage from fans to change things.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey look. A ghost recon game that might actually acknowledge its roots. It fucking took long enough Ubisoft!

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I am somewhat sceptical.

I hope it is not class/character based like that picture seems to indicate.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
Let me guess, some sort of multiplayer shooter with a barebones sp mode that exists for marketing reasons?

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
Some interesting stuff coming since that one harassing guy that apparently signed off any Ubisoft project is gone. No open world here, big changes coming for Far Cry 7, Assassin's Creed Infinity. Let's see how those changes go.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I must applaud to Ubisoft on their courage to hype up Ghost Recon anniversary stream and announce MP only game that will probably be F2P after disaster called Breakpoint.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
At least it will be fun watching stream and social media today. Let's guess like/dislike ratio on Announcemet Trailer XD

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
MGS ground zero is the perfect template for a ghost recon game, implementing intricate bases with multiple ways to enter, and trying to extract.

It's what phantom pain should have been (20 ground zero size levels)

Uzzy

Gabeā€™s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Interesting. I actually liked Breakpoint, or at least where Breakpoint ended up after a couple of years of fixes. I'll see what this is at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.