• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
At least on my computer, I have to hold space for ~2-3 seconds before I hear the holding breath sound and my aim steadies, thus, when I was first trying to do it, I would press it for about 1 second without anything happening and wonder if I was pressing the right button or not. Does anyone else have this same delay?
Yes. It's annoying as hell too because it causes your view to zoom in, and you have to readjust your aim.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else had trouble with the "Kill 20 enemies while undetected" class challenge?

I'm either misinterpreting it, or it's bugged. I must have killed 40 odd enemies yesterday without a visual detection (they did witness kills or hear shots though).

I didn't like this one because I think it means "Kill 20 enemies in a row while remaining undetected". The other challenges were cumulative, so you just had to get "X" number of kills doing whatever to check it off.. but this one doesn't seem to work that way.

That being said, I had to start manually counting my kills because I felt like it was bugged as well, I could have sworn I got to the number a couple of times without it popping, and then one time it popped when I thought I was way below 20. So I dunno.

Maybe it means 20 cumulative kills where no one else even witnesses the kill? No clue.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Contemplating buying this....little over a week until Call of duty though, tough call. I have played so much Gears and Borderlands, just kind of want a break for a week. Someone push me to buy it..or NOT! lol. If it helps, I bought Wildlands on sale and enjoyed it, nothing mind blowing.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Patch notes seem okay.

Safe to assume "cover the system" = "the cover system". Or at least, I hope they fixed that one.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Most important takeaway for me is that next patch is labeled 1.0.3 so that one most probably won't have Raid either. I guess they pushed it to November and for now prioritise fixing the game.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One thing that always sticks out to me is the poor English sections in a lot of the subtitles and menu text. I get that it was likely developed in a non-English setting, which is fine.. but why does a company as big as Ubisoft not have someone checking these things?

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
Something is going on today. I have had to restart 3 times on the Xbox x. The first 2, I couldn't swap items in the item wheel. The last one was gameplay.
The whole game world was vibrating like there was a earthquake. That's never happened to me yet in 20 some hour's.

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
So based on the reviews for this game, I decided to just go back and play Wildlands and wow talk about a hidden gem of this generation. I never really got into Wildlands when I first picked it up but after putting in some more time with the game I would say that it's definitely underrated. The open world, character customization options, gunsmith feature, and just the sheer number of things to do are all very impressive. If Breakpoint is anything like Wildlands, I will definitely pick it up at some point in the future. The only thing I'm not exactly thrilled about is how you now have to worry about Gear Score.

Macross

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Wish they'd add an option to pull back a little from the player model on PS4. Half the time I feel like I am fighting to see what is in front of them.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the patch notes, did not see a fix for survalance drone not being available on some classes.
My medic cant deploy his drone for some reason.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any good reason to hold on to stuff you find in the world (Coconuts, Shellfish, Flowers, etc)? Outside of making those little craft-able things I never use.. is there any reason to not just sell everything?

What are the drone parts used for? I haven't found a need for them either.

Also.. gear parts.. if you disassemble them, you get parts like you do for weapons, but I haven't seen any 'gear' that can be upgraded using the parts. What gives?

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Is there any good reason to hold on to stuff you find in the world (Coconuts, Shellfish, Flowers, etc)? Outside of making those little craft-able things I never use.. is there any reason to not just sell everything?

What are the drone parts used for? I haven't found a need for them either.

Also.. gear parts.. if you disassemble them, you get parts like you do for weapons, but I haven't seen any 'gear' that can be upgraded using the parts. What gives?
Gear parts are worthless. Everything else is used for crafting of consumable items.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gear parts are worthless. Everything else is used for crafting of consumable items.

That seems so pointless. Why even give you the option? I realized they sell for less than the parts themselves do usually too.

I also noticed there is a weight (or whatever) limit of 300 on things you can carry? I had a TON of shit and was at like 15/300. So weird. It's like they wanted all these diverse systems in place, but had no idea how to even use them.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
That seems so pointless. Why even give you the option? I realized they sell for less than the parts themselves do usually too.

I also noticed there is a weight (or whatever) limit of 300 on things you can carry? I had a TON of shit and was at like 15/300. So weird. It's like they wanted all these diverse systems in place, but had no idea how to even use them.
Each gun or gear item takes 1 space of the 300.

Crafting is pretty good later on for mk.2 and mk.3 items that can't be bought or looted in the world.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is the shop interface fucking awful?

Like how am I supposed to browse through that whole list of available gun attachments and know which ones I can actually use on my equipped guns? Ugh

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
This stupid item pick up animation, it interrupts takedowns. Just get rid of it. Why even put it in a game like this?

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Just hit 100 gear score last night lol. Back in after a break for PAX, just loving carving up sections of the map and clearing out bases. Ubisoft's ubiformula has got my number so bad.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There were many gun and equipment locked in classes in wildlands. And once someone selected one on your team, no one else could play it.

The classes came in different categories like assault, support, and sniper. There were many stealth specific classes. It turned into a really good game.

The classes now are just slight modifications to what is basically a regular default class anyway.

In wildlands the classes had no relation to single player at all.

And like siege, certain classes countered others. A class that uses drones to call artillery strikes wouldnt work against a character that carries a drone jamming backpack. It was pretty cool.
Damn. Well we need this because I'm not sure I like everyone having a sniper now.
I played a little of wildlands multi player. Guess I forgot. I wonder why they got rid of all that? Seems like they went backwards. I haven't checked their forums to see if they are working on adding it back.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned that any modifications you make to a weapon carry over to every weapon of that name for the rest of the game.

I thought it was just a one off for that particular weapon and never bothered.

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I just learned that any modifications you make to a weapon carry over to every weapon of that name for the rest of the game.

I thought it was just a one off for that particular weapon and never bothered.

Yeah, the mark upgrades carry over to any weapon family. So if you're upgrading weapon marks for the 416, it'll carry over to any 416 you get in the future (Be it through blueprint purchase or a random drop)

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Well we need this because I'm not sure I like everyone having a sniper now.
I played a little of wildlands multi player. Guess I forgot. I wonder why they got rid of all that? Seems like they went backwards. I haven't checked their forums to see if they are working on adding it back.

They got rid of it because they wanted to integrate single and multiplayer seamlessly, and allow you to level up a single character in both modes.

I would much rather have a separate character for multi if it meant that the multi experience would be more compelling.

Also, I really don't like the idea of levelling past single player content whenever I play multiplayer.

Yes, I know most things scale, but you are basically skipping a ton of content you would normally go through to get you gear score high enough to take on the higher level fortifications.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's good to see that the patch fixed the sliding door audio, because of all the things that needed fixing, having doors give an annoying "beep buup beeeeep" when opening and closing certainly was on the top of my list.

[I know this sounds cynical but man this patch fixed basically nothing. Cover is still a mess, for example]

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
It's good to see that the patch fixed the sliding door audio, because of all the things that needed fixing, having doors give an annoying "beep buup beeeeep" when opening and closing certainly was on the top of my list.

[I know this sounds cynical but man this patch fixed basically nothing. Cover is still a mess, for example]
I, for one am actually glad they fixed some sound issues. Probably helps I rarely encounter any serious bugs, just some "funny" ones.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
They've partly fixed the store as well. There were a bunch of items that you couldn't buy even though their descriptions said to get them from Maria, namely some cosmetics and one scope. You stil can't buy Mk.2 items, however, which sorely limits their usage since making more often requires a particular crafting item that is annoying to collect (old shells).

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They wont unless the community melts down. They ditched it in favor of persistent progression.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
i can't tell for sure but i think the patch removed the microstutter and stutter when switching from menu to game. it might be due to the time i played which was in the morning.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a few more rounds of ghost war, being attacker is way too hard without smoke or something. Soon as it tells the enemy you are planting they just have to lob a grenade onto the point.

And the gun sounds just seem so weak and awful, coming from PUBG where you hear AK's cracking and echoing, this game just has little pea shooters going off and you cant even tell someone is shooting.

Praglik

Nov 3, 2017
SH
Some of the Bivouacs say "vehicle can be parked here" can I store cars and choppers for later use?
No it does not really work like that... You can spawn there, bivouac and go to the "garage" section to spawn any vehicle (yes, even helicopter).
There's no concept of "parking" vehicles like in GTA.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No it does not really work like that... You can spawn there, bivouac and go to the "garage" section to spawn any vehicle (yes, even helicopter).
There's no concept of "parking" vehicles like in GTA.
Thanks, I knew about that but was hoping this would be a way to get a chopper with guns without spending every dollar I have. Guess not.

Kildrek

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I stayed away because of what everyone else was saying about how bad it was.

I bought a copy for PC from someone in the BST thread, spent $30, and goddamn am I having fun. The sense of isolation when played solo is legit, I enjoy the gunfights, the gear stuff I'm not too hot about, but I would have spent $60 on this game and enjoyed it just the same.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Game is so very flawed, but so damn enjoyable. I'm having such a great time playing solo in exploration mode.

I'm really liking the multi-part side missions. The stories are nothing special, but as they unfold you end up going to so many varied and interesting locations across the map. There's nothing you couldn't stumble upon just by exploring, but in a world this huge I appreciate the option of some narrative-driven guidance outside of the main story missions.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Finally jumped in and bought it last night. Was greeted with a 10 gig 1.03 patch. Would love to know what it contains. Either way excited to jump in. Wildlands setting didn't grab me but this one looks much more interesting.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
After 69 hours and 226 gear score, I have finally beaten the main story missions. Overall, there's definitely bugs and things that could be improved, but I'm highly enjoying the core gameplay! I'm going to finish up all of the side missions and then start grinding out the faction missions for the cosmetic unlocks.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
After 69 hours and 226 gear score, I have finally beaten the main story missions. Overall, there's definitely bugs and things that could be improved, but I'm highly enjoying the core gameplay! I'm going to finish up all of the side missions and then start grinding out the faction missions for the cosmetic unlocks.

imma already 231 gear level and i haven't finished the story missions haha

Kawaii

Oct 28, 2017
imma already 231 gear level and i haven't finished the story missions haha

I'm at 190 GS, 40 hours in and have not touched story mode, co-op, pvp, or any sidequests yet... only got to Erehwon and started roaming the world for loot, blueprints, daily missions and whatnot. I also have a surplus of 50 skill points, what am I supposed to to with them?

I'm also enjoying the game a lot, it's a comfy open world game and pretty sure it will only get getter in time, like Wildlands did.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
I'm at 190 GS, 40 hours in and have not touched story mode, co-op, pvp, or any sidequests yet... only got to Erehwon and started roaming the world for loot, blueprints, daily missions and whatnot. I also have a surplus of 50 skill points, what am I supposed to to with them?

I'm also enjoying the game a lot, it's a comfy open world game and pretty sure it will only get getter in time, like Wildlands did.

74 hours in and 235 gear level with only 23% of the story mode done.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how do you delete your default loadout? i have old ass weapons i cant remove cuz they are stuck in that loadout