• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible to pretty much go story mission to story mission with a smattering of jacking people up who are fixing their cars? Or will I be woefully underleveled?

dragonflys545

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Does the map have a GPS now? The beta didn't have that, and Wildlands was great because of that because me and my friends would race to each mission.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
I'm really liking the gameplay. The rpg portion isn't that big of a deal.
The only thing that bothers me is the character animation when walking over obstacles or slight inclines. It looks and feels really janky. That is pretty small complaint overall.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Man, Jon Bernthal is just so awesome in this. Every cutscene he's in he's just chewing it up, no matter how trite the dialogue may be.

Dude is miles ahead of any of the other [voice] actors in this game.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's a great compromise imo :)

Re The Division comparisons, I'm pretty sure that's only happening because Breakpoint has a small shared space hub area where you and other players stand around. This is only a tiny, tiny place, at the middle of the map, and it's where shops exist and some missions can be activated.

The rest of map (the huge island/s space) is in your own private solo instance until you go into co-op by choice, just like Wildlands.
And the mission style is in many ways similar and the menu is reminiscent and of course the gear system is reminiscent. Perhaps its less so than was initially reported but I can't say its magically nothing like it like some are saying. It very much has DNA of at the minimum a Division .5. Or Ubisoft 4.5 lol

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
I changed my xbox's region to new zealand and my normal edition was available as of 7am edt but I'm planning to play coop with my brother so I gotta wait all day anyways!

Mar 29, 2018
And the mission style is in many ways similar and the menu is reminiscent and of course the gear system is reminiscent. Perhaps its less so than was initially reported but I can't say its magically nothing like it like some are saying. It very much has DNA of at the minimum a Division .5. Or Ubisoft 4.5 lol
Yeah I'd never say it's NOTHING like it. But the core loop especially is completely different and the overall structure is still just like Wildlands

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
I find the PVP a blast. Creeping through the deep grass trying to avoid making any noise because I know there's at least one opposition player nearby and trying to figure out where they are before they figure out where I am is ridiculously tense - like 'last circle PUBG' levels of 'OMG what was that?' paranoia.

I alternate between being a flanker with a silenced SMG and setting up as a sniper to cover the bomb placements or the recon hack spot. The search times are obviously a little long right now, but matches have been great.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'd never say it's NOTHING like it. But the core loop especially is completely different and the overall structure is still just like Wildlands
Admittedly I felt Wildlands was a lot like Division as well. I mean when you break them down to their core. Different shine but the same loops remain. And ya very much also like Wildlands.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So far only about 5 hours in.. and.. it's okay. I only played a tiny bit of the Alpha and Beta because I didn't want to keep re-doing the first 5 hours of the game over and over.

I am not totally sold on the changes made since Wildlands (which I put something like 350 hours into), but I am trying to keep an open mind. I do actually miss the squad chatter, and doing it all completely solo is a little weird without the AI teammates. The loot stuff.. ehhh. I dunno. Seems unnecessarily complicated, but it's not a deal breaker. I just set my outfit in the beginning so it doesn't change each time I find some "Higher level Backpack" or whatever.

I'm going to stick with it to see how it pans out.. Ubisoft games usually get better after a few patches. Only noticed a few graphical issues but nothing too terrible.

It does feel like there are 3 bad guys just wandering around everywhere, or stopped to deal with a motorcycle/truck/etc. How are there so many random bad guys everywhere!

Impressions..

Moving bodies.. and bodies not disappearing. I took down a whole little town and had to be strategic with the bodies because I couldn't just zoom-scope the other direction and have the bodies disappear (Wildlands trick). The AI still isn't super smart, and doesn't have great visual range.. but it's a step in the right direction.

Graphics.. it looks pretty. It's not the prettiest game I've ever played, but all the little biomes look cool so far. Facial animations are... ehhh so so from what I've seen. Some characters are perfection, others are kinda 360-esque. I imagine they put the most time into Walker. Letting you totally customize your Nomad means they likely didn't/couldn't do a ton of perfecting.. and it kinda shows. A lot of the random AI people you talk to look kinda bad.

Story... wtf. I'm not going to say it's good or bad yet since I am pretty early on.. but so far it's just a mess. I've seen/done the intro part a number of times and it still doesn't seem like a good starting off point. I gave them feedback after the alpha and beta (though realistically it was too far by that point), that they needed to revamp the intro. The tiny video to cold text to we're on a helicopter and oh no we're shot down does nothing for me. If they would have added a little LITTLE bit more, it could have been a lot better. A better intro video showing Skell Tech stuff in use, maybe a briefing on the USS WASP so you get to know a few of the ghosts before they all get shot down.. I dunno. I liked the Wildlands story and premise 1000x more than this (so far).

Gameplay.. is good. Seems fluid on my Xbox One X. Some kinda walking weirdness when going up hills. My character seems to walk funny sometimes.. I am not sure if it's supposed to imply that his leg is hurt (still has a bandage for some unknown reason) or if its just weirdly designed. Gunplay is pretty good, guns feel more or less like they should I think. HTI sniper bullet drop feels a little off to me, but might just take getting used to. Not a huge fan of the little item wheel thing.. it's clunky/a pain to swap back and forth in the middle of a firefight (grenades to syringes for example).

World.. is.. something. It looks nice, some parts seem believable enough I guess. It doesn't feel nearly as "lived in" as Wildlands did though. Hopefully I'll find some better/more interesting places. I actually liked that large portions of Wildlands were just.. badlands.. nothing really there. It made the little towns/cities feel more realistic. In Breakpoint it feels like they purposefully went and sprinkled 'stuff' everywhere, just far enough apart to make every inch feel important. For gameplay I guess that's okay, but the aesthetic is.. I dunno, too gamey if I'm being honest (what a complaint lol). The aforementioned "3 guys every 100 yards" is already getting old. They're just out.. EVERYWHERE doing.. nothing really. Super easy to take down and get EXP but.. it kind of breaks the immersion when you see 3 or 4 dudes just randomly walking around everywhere waiting to die. Again feels like someone there wanted to make sure there was no boring spots so they jacked the spawn rate up to 500%.

Audio.. quality. It all sounds nice so far. Voice acting is all over the place. I actually don't like the new male Nomad voice, I think he actually can sound a lot like Jon Bernthal at times, which is kind of weird. Some NPCs are good, some are.. laughable. The writing seems pretty bad too. I know we all laughed at SHITBALLS and "a couple of tangos, over there, by that stack of tires" but at least it was useful.. here.. I dunno, half the interactions have the NPC or Nomad cracking a joke.. like.. I just murdered 50 people to get you this thing, and lets joke about it? I dunno. The banter in Wildlands between the squad at least felt like it was earned since they'd obviously known each other for a long time. Now, without a squad, it feels like that same banter now happens with whoever you talk to (ghost or no ghost).

Okay that's a lot of words for now. I am going to keep playing, but as of now, it's not quite what I wanted from a Wildlands sequel, but shows promise.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with a dual monitor dealing with an issue where the game *always* turns on at 720p, and then when you leave the game (even after changing resolution to 1080p in game), your whole desktop is at 1280x720? Shit is so fucking annoying.

Also, whenever I log in it shows a bunch of mission pop-ups being completed; like the tutorial stuff. I feel like there's something wrong with the game saving off certain pieces of information.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
How does the enemy levelling work in this game? After about 7 hours, it seems like the game autoscales every single enemy I meet to my exact equipment level. Which seems like it makes acquiring new equipment completely useless as I could just use my initial equipment throughout the entire game and everything would just stay at my level?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How does the enemy levelling work in this game? After about 7 hours, it seems like the game autoscales every single enemy I meet to my exact equipment level. Which seems like it makes acquiring new equipment completely useless as I could just use my initial equipment throughout the entire game and everything would just stay at my level?
Normal enemies scale with you. The dangerous areas with the wolves and drones are a set level. So those dangerous areas are always supposed to be intense as you level while normal enemies don't become shitty grey name mobs etc.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Normal enemies scale with you. The dangerous areas with the wolves and drones are a set level. So those dangerous areas are always supposed to be intense as you level while normal enemies don't become shitty grey name mobs etc.

Oh that's actually one of the better level scaling systems I've heard of. Thanks.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
So far only about 5 hours in.. and.. it's okay. I only played a tiny bit of the Alpha and Beta because I didn't want to keep re-doing the first 5 hours of the game over and over.

I am not totally sold on the changes made since Wildlands (which I put something like 350 hours into), but I am trying to keep an open mind. I do actually miss the squad chatter, and doing it all completely solo is a little weird without the AI teammates. The loot stuff.. ehhh. I dunno. Seems unnecessarily complicated, but it's not a deal breaker. I just set my outfit in the beginning so it doesn't change each time I find some "Higher level Backpack" or whatever.

In the beta I turned off loot notifications. I could see the pillars of light on the ground, but wouldnt be told what I picked up. Less shitty gameplay interrupting UI clutter and stopped the need to check every item.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
In the beta I turned off loot notifications. I could see the pillars of light on the ground, but wouldnt be told what I picked up. Less shitty gameplay interrupting UI clutter and stopped the need to check every item.

That's probably a good idea, I know I ran pretty UI light towards the end with Wildlands, probably go that route again once I'm familiar with all the new gameplay weirdness/features.

Is there any benefit to 'leveling up' your gear? I've seen some of the 'rare' or whatever gear have some perks (like 4% evasion, or 2% explosion damage), so that's cool.. but what does the overall gear # even mean? Same model guns with higher #s don't seem to be functionally better. It would be dumb if that was the case though.

I actually really liked how Wildlands was set from the beginning with its weapon stats, bullets and guns in life don't get better over time (relatively), and they certainly don't level up.. but neither do enemies in real life.

I really need more time with the game.. but it's a little frustrating that some of this stuff isn't super obvious to begin with.

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
I'm having a weird issue where all faction missions always just have 15 reward points. I didn't even realize this was weird until a friend pointed out some missions gave him 50 to even a 100.

Anyone else have this issue? I thought it was by design to get you to play their PvP mode but apparently my game is bugged or something.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason there's no review thread for this game? Isnt embargo today?

There was no embargo. We got the game during the same early access period for Ultimate folks.

You might start seeing some reviews tomorrow. I tend to critical path it, which requires beating Walker and the raid, which generally requires 150 Gear Score. I'm at about 80, so probably Monday for a review from me.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
So is there any AI or bullet registration lag because of the always online nature of the game?

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
i found out that not having the nvidia HD audio driver installed was causing the audio to stutter. so now all i have is visual stutter.

i also don't like that you can't sell items in bulk quantities. i don't feel like tapping the spacebar 100 times just to sell 100 of an item.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
i found out that not having the nvidia HD audio driver installed was causing the audio to stutter. so now all i have is visual stutter.

i also don't like that you can't sell items in bulk quantities. i don't feel like tapping the spacebar 100 times just to sell 100 of an item.

This is definitely annoying. Where is my 'sell all' button?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ACG review is up

Verdict:
Deep deep sale

I think if you're a Wildlands fan you'll enjoy this for the most part. Core gameplay IMO is better. I'd say maybe wait for a sale or some patches that hopeful address some bugs, AI and Ghost War. $30 is probably the sweet spot with the game in its current state.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
So I am Medic Class rank 9 and I just need 30 kills without dying to rank up. Trouble is that I feel like I have gotten 30 kills but tuat challenge hasn't unlocked yet.

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Anyone had stuttering/low framerate issues with the game after installing the latest NVIDIA driver? It's been a pain in the ass today

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still torn on this. Not planning to pick up at launch but maybe reviews will sway me.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone having problems with Class Achievements on Xbox One?

Unlocked all 4 of them but those two achievements wont pop up for like 2 days

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I think I have now played the full game more than 20 hours and I have reached the point in which I am completely loving the game.

I ran into a heavier enemy patrol with bigger drones, and me being completely outgunned, I actually felt properly hunted. These games are best when you don't feel safe.

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
I think if you're a Wildlands fan you'll enjoy this for the most part. Core gameplay IMO is better. I'd say maybe wait for a sale or some patches that hopeful address some bugs, AI and Ghost War. $30 is probably the sweet spot with the game in its current state.

Yeah, as a Wildlands fan I'm still waiting for a significant sale down the road, maybe a Black Friday deal or something. Just have too many other games going right now, and I'm not a fan of adding loot mechanics to the game, I mean I already have Division 2 for that kind of experience.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ehhhhh he said the same of Wildlands. Bought Day1 and loved it, expecting the same tomorrow

I LOOoooooooved Wildlands, and am very lukewarm on Breakpoint so far. I don't play Ghost War, just single/Co-op.

Hopefully it gets better, but I'm not having nearly as much fun as I do currently in Wildlands.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I LOOoooooooved Wildlands, and am very lukewarm on Breakpoint so far. I don't play Ghost War, just single/Co-op.

Hopefully it gets better, but I'm not having nearly as much fun as I do currently in Wildlands.
Damn. Not good to hear. I enjoyed wildlands, but it was definitely a fun 7/10 type game.

I'm on the fence for this one, but a lot of the articles and youtube hot takes are freaking me out.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I will say.. Wildlands launched with a lot of semi-issues as well.. anyone remember the radios BLARING MUSIC ALL THE TIME EVERYWHERE AND YOU COULDN'T ESCAPE THEM?! No multiplayer either. LOTS of weird bugs/progression issues/etc.

Ubisoft is generally really good at fixing/changing/adding things as time goes on. I'm a little chuffed I spent the $120 or whatever on the Ultimate edition, but that's on me.

The soul of the game just lacks heart I feel. Which is something I never felt in Wildlands. Cheesy as it was, the story made sorta sense, and the voice actors all sold it well.. here nothing really makes sense and it's like D-tier acting. All the micro-transaction stuff is shitty too.. but ultimately isn't really an issue for me.

I am going to keep trucking and tweak some settings to see if I can get it in a way I like to play most. It's just so damn quiet without your AI teammates. Shitballs!

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Will also chime in to say I love Wildlands and very much did not care for a lot of the changes they've made. I even remember thinking they should have gone more in the Wildlands direction with Division 2, so taking Ghost Recon the opposite way is a massive bummer.

I'd hold off even if you liked Wildlands just to make sure.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Really torn on picking this game up.
On one hand I have played every Ghost Recon since the series started. All the good (some great) and all the not so good.
I also find myself not really interested in playing anything else right now. As much as I am forcing myself to try and enjoy Gears 5, it is just not happening. No huge loss there as I have it thanks to Game Pass.
My biggest thing is I will probably play this game entirely Solo if I were to play it.
I also see this bullshit about MTX's and although it sounds like they are not necessary, it is just bullshit.
I did check out the initial Tech Beta on PC a few months back and thought it seemed decent. A little barren honestly but I did not play more than 90 minutes as I said to myself I will probably pick the game up so why play it all twice.

Perhaps the biggest thing is out of every Ghost Recon game released, I played Wildlands the least out of all of them.
But still, something is telling me to give this a go.

I like my man Jon Bernthal, like I said I am not playing much, and even though I did not love Wildlands, it was still a decent game.
That and I do enjoy the hell out of The Division 2.

So really my biggest question for those playing it is, can it be enjoyed Solo??

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I might wait for AI teammates. How's ghost war?
If you really enjoyed Wildlands Ghost War, this will be a massive downgrade.
Much less class diversity, much less weapon diversity. Tying in single player progression to multiplayer was an asinine move that completely ruined the brilliant class dynamic of Wildlands PVP.