• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Lol, the 50% XP bonus for 3 days is sure nice. I guess some of the harder enemies won't be as frustrating thanks to me being a bit overleveled. Of course I would probably be frustrated like in beta sometimes with standard edition :P

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
I can already tell that much like Wildlands I'll probably love it and have to ignore nearly all the media/reviews that will shit all over it.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the final version runs better on PC than the Open Beta? I assume it's pretty much the same build... It was still rough on my machine, even with an i5-8400, 16gb of ram and a 1080

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the final version runs better on PC than the Open Beta? I assume it's pretty much the same build... It was still rough on my machine, even with an i5-8400, 16gb of ram and a 1080

I had everything at very high, at 1080p on a gtx1080 and a 9900k. Solid 60fps, no issues. Way, way better than any of the earlier versions.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I'll be using Syncshot Drones over A.I teammates any day of the week

Yeah, I love the squad, but the ambient dialogue in Wildlands got old after awhile. I like the idea of being isolated.

And thanks for the OT! You killed it.

That's all well and fine, and how it was in Wildlands. I'm talking about the new drone enemies, where there are no headshots.

They're no different than helicopters in Wildlands. You'll have a better time treating them like vehicles than enemy infantry.

And much like Wildlands, gear score only matters in those instances (EG the HTI Desert Tech sniper rifle that can take out any vehicle in Wildlands in one shot, but otherwise is no different than any other rifle against infantry). If you get the drop on a guy, he's dead.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In spite of all those things, Wildlands was an absolute hoot. I'm sure Breakpoint will be too. Like, I had more fun with Wildlands than with MGSV.

Sometimes polish != fun.

I bought and played Wildlands and some fun could be had in co-op. This title is a step back in terms of setting, story, game mechanics imo. It feels so janky and they didn't do any improvements to the AI which if I remember correctly was a major complaint of the previous title.

Kawaii

Oct 28, 2017
Ok first impression, the final version on PC looks much better than the beta

Sorry for quoting you again but this is blowing my mind and first time i've read it anywhere.

- What are your PC specs?
- Are you playing it in Ultra or Ultimate, also in what resolution?
- Are you hitting steady 60fps?

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
As someone that thought wildlands was fun for about an hour of 10 and then it became boring and the flaws started to really shine through I am not expecting much from this game.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Really enjoying the game so far after 2 hours solo (for context, I love Wildlands, The Division 2, and AC: Odyssey). I think that the best change is it being solo and having lots of enemies all over the place: I can't just steam roll everything with impossible sync shots and might not be able to easily run away since there might be enemies in all directions. It's also a bit more challenging to get around with so many enemies everywhere since you can't just land your helicopter wherever you want without alerting enemies which makes other forms of travel more relevant.

Gear score has been encouraging me to try new weapons while I was still able to clear the high level wolves near the start of the game with lots of fast headshots. Feels great.

Game looks a lot better than Wildlands due to how much foliage and ground coverage there is. Performance for me is ~30-45 fps on the High preset + Ultra textures at 1440p on a GTX 1070 paired with a Core i7-9700K. I don't think that I have a Day 1 patch if such a thing is happening. Taking it down to 1080p gets me around 50+ fps.

Last edited:

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far after 2 hours solo (for context, I love Wildlands, The Division 2, and AC: Odyssey). I think that the best change is it being solo and having lots of enemies all over the place: I can't just steam roll everything with impossible sync shots and might not be able to easily run away since there might be enemies in all directions. It's also a bit more challenging to get around with so many enemies everywhere since you can't just land your helicopter wherever you want without alerting enemies which makes other forms of travel more relevant.

Gear score has been encouraging me to try new weapons while I was still able to clear the high level wolves near the start of the game with lots of fast headshots. Feels great.

Game looks a lot better than Wildlands due to how much foliage and ground coverage there is. Performance for me is ~30-45 fps on the High preset + Ultra textures at 1440p on a GTX 1070 paired with a Core i7-9200. I don't think that I have a Day 1 patch if such a thing is happening. Taking it down to 1080p gets me around 50+ fps.
As someone who also plans to play solo, that's great to hear. Have the online/social hub elements been getting in the way at all?

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Tier mode in Wildlands is exactly that.
What? No, it isn't. All Tier mode is is an extra system of progression and rewards once you reach the level cap. As you gain tiers, it locks you off from playing on lower difficulty levels. Playing on Advanced or Extreme does not equal a gear score check.

--------
Nice OT, by the way. Eager to hear more impressions before I make a decision about this.

farcrysam

Prophet of Regret
Nov 1, 2017
I still want the game And might wait until Black Friday For the gold Edition to be a discount. But All the micro transactions has me second-guessing. If I should wait later down the road.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
Way I see it, As long you're having fun with the game and enjoying it, that's all that matters

yeah, the one ubisoft mechanic i genuinely despise is enemies leveling along with my character. it's moronic, because it just makes the concept of leveling up completely redundant when all the enemies do, as well...

just about all the other mechanics/elements that other people dislike? they don't really bother me. go figure...

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
yeah, the one ubisoft mechanic i genuinely despise is enemies leveling along with my character. it's moronic, because it just makes the concept of leveling up completely redundant when all the enemies do, as well...

just about all the other mechanics/elements that other people dislike? they don't really bother me. go figure...
There are no levels on enemies, only in some certain drone areas, but once you reach their level, they stay on their pre destined lvl.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
What? No, it isn't. All Tier mode is is an extra system of progression and rewards once you reach the level cap. As you gain tiers, it locks you off from playing on lower difficulty levels. Playing on Advanced or Extreme does not equal a gear score check.

--------
Nice OT, by the way. Eager to hear more impressions before I make a decision about this.
You have to level up gear, and enemies become sponges if you don't. Sounds like a gear check to me. Did you play Tier mode?

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
You have to level up gear, and enemies become sponges if you don't. Sounds like a gear check to me. Did you play Tier mode?
Yep. They're spongey because it's a higher difficulty level. They were spongey on those higher difficulty levels even before Tier mode (and only when alarmed). Did not see any difference.

Played till Tier 11. (Edit: And didn't upgrade any weapons.)

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Enjoyed the beta, don't have time to play this right now though. Getting back into Destiny 2 tomorrow, still playing BL3 and FFXIV on the side for good measure. Hope it sees the care and feeding that Wildlands got, will pick it up on BF hopefully.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
An observation on driving vehicles: you might think that the driving physics is worse in Breakpoint, but I think that the wonkiness is the same but just more noticeable because of the increased number of objects on the ground that you might run over. I recommend, much like in real life, not driving like a maniac when you're off the road since you'll hit rocks and uneven terrain that will send you carening everywhere. If you take your time on uneven terrain to navigate the many rocks and ditches, you will do fine.

USF

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry for quoting you again but this is blowing my mind and first time i've read it anywhere.

- What are your PC specs?
- Are you playing it in Ultra or Ultimate, also in what resolution?
- Are you hitting steady 60fps?

- Ryzen 7 2700x / RTX 2070 / 16GB Ram
- 2K (1440p) / 144hz monitor
- Played around with the settings and got a good mix of High, Very High & Ultra settings until I got stable 50fps (only noticed drops during intro part)

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Yep. They're spongey because it's a higher difficulty level. They were spongey on those higher difficulty levels even before Tier mode (and only when alarmed). Did not see any difference.

Played till Tier 11. (Edit: And didn't upgrade any weapons.)
Ah, you right.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I unlocked it a bit early via VPN and there's definitely something going on here. My frames are much worse than they were on either of the last 2 betas.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
This is always online?

Shit I was going to get this, but I don't buy games that require online for single player, bummer.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
So I guess this is the new thing...developers go ham with the MTXs, seeing how much they can get away with. Then in the future will do some "you talked, we listened" bullshit statement and tone it back.

Ubi...you were doing so good!

Pulling this shit after releasing a subscription service too no less. Haha.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I mean Wildlands was riddled with micro transactions and the last few AC games but i had no problem enjoying and beating those games without spending a penny on them and i have taken out a few level 150 guys being under level 10 with no gear on except my rifle. 1 bullet to the head = death. The loot honestly isn't that much of a factor.

Don't get me wrong i very much dislike micro transactions but this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who has played a ubisoft game in the last 5 years.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
It personally hasn't factored into play yet, but you also can't argue that weapon blueprints and attachments don't have gameplay benefit.

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
It personally hasn't factored into play yet, but you also can't argue that weapon blueprints and attachments don't have gameplay benefit.

Personal anecdote, I did buy the attachments in Wildlands in-game store after getting bored of slogging through tons of attachments for the weapons.

Its dirty, but fuck it, I didn't feel like exploring just to collect weapon attachment at every playthrough.