• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
How old Sam is in this trailer? I reckon he must be like 60 or something, maybe more

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody here playing breakpoint? Is it any good yet? I liked wildlands quite a bit but have been warned off of breakpoint repeatedly.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Between this and Prince of Persia in For Honor, Ubi is becoming pretty good at attempting exciting things that just end up pissing me off lol

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Anybody here playing breakpoint? Is it any good yet? I liked wildlands quite a bit but have been warned off of breakpoint repeatedly.

There's a drastic game update coming next week that changes pretty much everything, so wait for that before you consider buying it.

At this point it's not worth 10 bucks, not even kidding.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
didn't they already do this for Wildlands? Dragging the fuck out of Sam's corpse for game promotion, no thanks

Feb 28, 2020
giphy.webp

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC

It was close to being a great GR title, but them abandoning the survival and pushing more toward a service-style multiplayer game killed it. The hardcore mode should help with its customization but when your game's foundation is built around group play and tiered loot, you can only modify those systems so much.

My advice (after buying the complete edition at launch) is to skip it. It's just not a very good game.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Screw this fucking garbage.

Make a new Splinter Cell game instead of this pussying around.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
God, just put the monkey paw down already.

Whomever has it, just stop. Please.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Just gotten back into Breakpoint with the update coming up so this should be really fun :D

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
It was close to being a great GR title, but them abandoning the survival and pushing more toward a service-style multiplayer game killed it. The hardcore mode should help with its customization but when your game's foundation is built around group play and tiered loot, you can only modify those systems so much.

My advice (after buying the complete edition at launch) is to skip it. It's just not a very good game.

I disagree. More than anything, I'd think with the coming immersive mode update, there's more than enough reason to get back into the game

MDR

Jun 21, 2018
It's fine. A lot of half cooked systems, I finished the game and didn't engaje on a lot of systems like crafting, biovacs, perks etc. Even with levels and gear level, a bullet to the head will always kills an enemy, I killed the endboss with a granede and didn't even see him going down.

The leveling matters more against drones. The story also goes nowhere, but I found the investigation mechanics pretty cool. It's like they wanted to do destiny (loot) + breath of the wild (non linear free form), but ofc that didn't fit a tactical semi realistic shooter. The game added a lot, but didn't fixed the issues of wildlands, most of the additions didn't made that game better in my opinion. Ready for the next ghost recon, hopefully it's a back to the roots reboot.

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC
I disagree. More than anything, I'd think with the coming immersive mode update, there's more than enough reason to get back into the game

I doubt immersion mode will have that great an impact on a player's experience. Like adding survival mode to FO4, it was never built with those systems as key components to the overall structure of the game or the missions. It's a band-aid to an open wound.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I doubt immersion mode will have that great an impact on a player's experience. Like adding survival mode to FO4, it was never built with those systems as key components to the overall structure of the game or the missions. It's a band-aid to an open wound.

Well, feel free to think the game is a lost cause for all you wish.

Cuz I won't *rolling eyes*

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I do appreciate bringing Sam Fisher in to say tiered weaponry is part of the 'shitshow' that comprises Breakpoint.

OP
OP
Nintendo

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

It will have a great impact. Maybe see what it does before making up your mind about it?

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Ubi knows Ghost Recon Breakpoint was received poorly and they are trying to do everything they can to get people back. They clearly know there is love to Sam Fisher because of how well he was received in Wildlands. But come the fuck on. You burned us with announcing a Splinter Cell mobile game, this isn't going to please fans.

OP
OP
Nintendo

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Ubi knows Ghost Recon Breakpoint was received poorly and they are trying to do everything they can to get people back. They clearly know there is love to Sam Fisher because of how well he was received in Wildlands. But come the fuck on. You burned us with announcing a Splinter Cell mobile game, this isn't going to please fans.

They didn't announce a Splinter Cell mobile game. It was an all Tom Clancy mobile game.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I completely forgot about Breakpoint being released. I loved Wildlands and went to check if it had a Ubi price drop yet...Nope. Still $60.
What?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Man I love having the recognisable and beloved protagonist of the last existing tactical stealth genre franchise litteraly dangled in front of my face every twelve months with no actual Splinter Cell game in sight, like shaking a set of keys in front of a monkey.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Is it just me or does some of that sound like Michael Ironside but some of it sounds like someone trying to do an impression of him?

Also, efr the game's been on deep sale since release. I picked it up a couple weeks ago for $12 on Amazon (PS4).

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ubisoft confirm that they're working on a Splinter Cell game but got nothing to announce yet?

A creative director posted on Twitter last summer that he was working on the next Splinter Cell. Ubisoft later released a statement that the guy was "joking."

Other than that, there's only been rumors.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Is it just me or does some of that sound like Michael Ironside but some of it sounds like someone trying to do an impression of him?

Also, efr the game's been on deep sale since release. I picked it up a couple weeks ago for $12 on Amazon (PS4).
I don't buy physical games besides Nintendo games anymore. And I only do Nintendo because it's cheaper than digital
Its on sale on Uplay but not xbox or psn and I can't even find it on Steam(tho I wouldnt buy it there). I want to do the co-op with a friend on console
It is $20 on Amazon right now tho for PS4. Hmmmm