• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
I really don't want to sound like a snarky ass but they needed a survey to know they should have implemented AI team mates and non-gear score weapons? Duh? I can't stress enough how weird the choices have been to remove all parts from the game that made Wildlands fun and successful. On the other hand Ubisoft really supports their titles, they improve and ultimately become incredible games towards the end of their life cycles... and THEN I wonder again why they rarely release a finished game in the first place.
No. Everything in the survey was already on their radar and they were/are working on it. This survey was to find out which community prioritizes.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Its great they're trying to make it right, but looking at the list, the game was released like a year too early. How many times has Ubisoft said they've learned and will not release a game too soon?

Reagardless, I'm this should be a finished product just in time to hit GamePass, so that will be cool.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
It's so clear this game was rushed out the door because Watch dogs slipped out of the FY.

I love the setting and character options, and eager to dive in in 3 or 4 updates. By then I expect it will be 70% off considering it's already 50% on the Black Friday deals.

Its great they're trying to make it right, but looking at the list, the game was released like a year too early. How many times has Ubisoft said they've learned and will not release a game too soon?

Reagardless, I'm this should be a finished product just in time to hit GamePass, so that will be cool.

I don't know why you would expect that considering despite Microsoft throwing out major cash for big Gamepass titles, Ubisoft has yet to jump on board

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
That's good communication, but man so many of those sound like either super basic things that should have been in there at launch or massive system reworks that woudl require scrapping significant parts of the game. Glad they're not totally giving up on it and seemingly fixing it without relying on DLC, but boy does it not look like it'll be any time soon.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
It's so clear this game was rushed out the door because Watch dogs slipped out of the FY.

I love the setting and character options, and eager to dive in in 3 or 4 updates. By then I expect it will be 70% off considering it's already 50% on the Black Friday deals.

I don't know why you would expect that considering despite Microsoft throwing out major cash for big Gamepass titles, Ubisoft has yet to jump on board
Wait, I thought Wildlands and FarCry was on GamePass for a while? I guess I must be getting it confused with all the free weekends.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, I thought Wildlands and FarCry was on GamePass for a while? I guess I must be getting it confused with all the free weekends.

Correct. They do those regularly for their big on going service games.

Ubisoft games are a huge part of every online sale every couple months on both systems, with deep discounts even on the ultimate/gold editions, so I assume they decided GP simply devalued their games too much. Things like wildlands though have been seemingly put to pasture though considering they won't be supporting it into next gen unlike say R6Siege, so I wonder if it might eventually get a second life. Then again, they still haven't out games like Watch dogs 1/2 or AC on the services despite having SP dlc they could then sell to those 'free' players.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Removing the gps routes that were in wild lands was definitely an odd choice.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Considering the amount of complaints against always online and the RPG/Looter Shooter elements from the community I'm surprised less than 40% of the community wanted those features taken out. I guess the rule of vocal minority holds true.

Really hope if/when those features get taken out its in its own separate mode because I'd hate to see the RPG elements watered down in the main game.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't want to sound like a snarky ass but they needed a survey to know they should have implemented AI team mates and non-gear score weapons? Duh? I can't stress enough how weird the choices have been to remove all parts from the game that made Wildlands fun and successful. On the other hand Ubisoft really supports their titles, they improve and ultimately become incredible games towards the end of their life cycles... and THEN I wonder again why they rarely release a finished game in the first place.

As I said before sad thing is that most of these results were known after game was announced and people started complaining. Months and months before release fans were saying those things. Friend of mine even contacted developer after first closed Beta to say how disappointed he was and he got answer "Well you can't please everyone :)" from developer including that smiley.

Considering the amount of complaints against always online and the RPG/Looter Shooter elements from the community I'm surprised less than 40% of the community wanted those features taken out. I guess the rule of vocal minority holds true.

Really hope if/when those features get taken out its in its own separate mode because I'd hate to see the RPG elements watered down in the main game.

I I wouldn say that 30%+ votes for removing Online requirement is vocal minority.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

bruh, vocal minority is 3-4%, not 30-40....

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That's 40 percent of the dedicated playerbase. I imagine a lot of people that bailed early / skipped the game due to those elements weren't even aware of the survey and the numbers are even higher.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I I wouldn say that 30%+ votes for removing Online requirement is vocal minority.
bruh, vocal minority is 3-4%, not 30-40....
That's 40 percent of the dedicated playerbase. I imagine a lot of people that bailed early / skipped the game due to those elements weren't even aware of the survey and the numbers are even higher.
Where I come from minority means <50% (which 30-40% is) and called the vocal minority because if you listened to the posts seen on Reddit, Discord, Forum, Twitter (platforms where this survey was posted) you'd think it was a majority of the players, but this survey proves its not. Not saying that the 30-40% isn't a substantial chuck of the playerbase, but definitely not as widlely held a concern like some would have you believe.

Last edited:

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I will echo some others sentiments - I love this game. All games have flaws. For me the biggest was the enemy A.I being so dumb, which was fixed a bit last patch and hopefully continues to improve. Looking forward to the raid and Terminator event.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I gave a lot praise for Breakpoint when it was released. Too much in retrospect.

I played the raid yesterday, and I initially really enjoyed it. Going into a new island, attacking enemy camps, avoiding stronger enemy patrols and landmines is what you should do in Ghost Recon games. There is a great game somewhere there.

But then you get to the first big robot boss fight, and whole experience just becomes depressing. Not because of the challenge, but because this is clearly a wrong game for those types of encounters.

Teammates walking into a landmine in a jungle was my favourite moment during the raid. They could have built a great raid around subtle and realistic mechanics like that. But no, someone decided that dropping players to giant arenas to fight gigantic mechs was what Ghost Recon games needed. Breakpoint is plagued by game design decisions that are just depressing, unoriginal, and naive.

Last edited:

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
So from the survey results: make it like Wildlands. lol.

Why they strayed from Wildlands formula is beyond me. Wildlands has issues but it was pretty damn awesome, all they had to do was improve on the formula.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
The survey results are reasons why i didnt get the game and it is good that they are going to change them.

but one caveat: always online removal thing isnt mentioned so.... :/

Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of all the developers who need 3 whacks on the head to start listening to the community. Still, the money is when you deliver on day-1, highly diminished profits when you manage to cobble a good experience one year later.

However, this is the case of Ubisoft scrambling on what to do with the game, similar to Anthem. Both are total shitters, flawed in both design and technical implementations. A complete overhaul is needed.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
If rumors are correct, Bioware is working towards the overhaul and re-launch of Anthem.

And there are no notes to take so far, Breakpoint hasn't implemented anything, they are just taking notes themselves :D

The only positive so far in breakpoints favor is that Ubi didn't spend 7 months fucking around. Even in the press sneak's article, Jason mentioned how major aspects of the rework, like if it's a separate client/f2p/or an update havent even been decided on and that work only began in earnest recently. I fully expect for breakpoint to be in a much stronger place before anthem 2.0 is even announced considering the full Edmonton team if bioware are all on dragon age.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
If rumors are correct, Bioware is working towards the overhaul and re-launch of Anthem.

And there are no notes to take so far, Breakpoint hasn't implemented anything, they are just taking notes themselves :D
I wish BioWare nothing but the best of luck. Their response thus far has been... clunky, compared to the refreshing transparency by UbiSoft for Ghost Recon. You are correct though. Words are just words for now