• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
It's now live!

This patch includes the following new updates:

New difficulty level: Lethal
  • Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin's katana is also more deadly
  • Enemies are more aggressive in combat
  • Enemies detect you faster
  • Tighter Parry and Dodge windows
Patch 1.05 will also include the following new options in the accessibility menu:

Lower Intensity Combat

Lower intensity mode is meant to maintain the heart and feel of Ghost of Tsushima combat while relaxing several timing-specific elements. Combat is less intense, giving you more time to react. Stealth settings are more forgiving, and enemies take longer to detect you.

• Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable when Lower Intensity is enabled. Blocking with L1 will keep you safe from more attacks than standard combat, though some attacks must still be dodged.
  • Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks. In addition, your heavy attacks will interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.
  • Enemies will not attack you while you're using Resolve to heal
  • Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted
Text changes

• Large Text option: Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives and interact prompts by 150% when enabled
  • Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled
  • New subtitle text color options in addition to white: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green
Patch 1.05 also includes additional bug fixes.

Last edited:

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
All the stuff if you can't open the link for whatever reason:
New difficulty level: Lethal

• – Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin's katana is also more deadly
  • – Enemies are more aggressive in combat
  • – Enemies detect you faster
  • – Tighter Parry and Dodge windows

Patch 1.05 will also include the following new options in the accessibility menu:

Lower Intensity Combat

Lower intensity mode is meant to maintain the heart and feel of Ghost of Tsushima combat while relaxing several timing-specific elements. Combat is less intense, giving you more time to react. Stealth settings are more forgiving, and enemies take longer to detect you.

• – Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable when Lower Intensity is enabled. Blocking with L1 will keep you safe from more attacks than standard combat, though some attacks must still be dodged.
  • – Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks. In addition, your heavy attacks will interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.
  • – Enemies will not attack you while you're using Resolve to heal
  • – Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted
Text changes

• – Large Text option: Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives and interact prompts by 150% when enabled
  • – Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled
  • – New subtitle text color options in addition to white: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green

Nov 7, 2017
Time to start a new game, tighter parry windows though...i swear some of the parry windows are one frame on hard mode without the charm

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Excellent news! Haven't completed the game yet and I'm finding myself dropping off because of how easy to game becomes in Act 2 if you mucked around in Act 1 for too long. Will definitely use the new difficulty setting.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I hope it's possible to switch to lethal difficulty mid game, currently playing in hard and the game is not that hard ^^

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The text options! I have to at least applaud them for getting those in so soon after launch. Means they must have been a decent priority.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Holy shit yes a harder difficulty.

Those duels will be delicious.

To be honest the parry window isn't the issue. The big problem are the ghost weapons making everything a cakewalk even on hard.

Boss mob? Headshot with longbow, or kunai to the face and then chop chop chop.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
When I get this for PS5, I'll probably start on lethal. I'm sure it'll be an...education with no lock on.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lethal difficulty sounds really fun! I hope I can change to it mid-game, since I'm still on Act 3.

That increased subtitles size is very very welcome!

V3rt1go

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it fixes the bug I have with one Haiku missing when I've done them all. (even the one on the side tale & the one that the NPC tells you about).

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
You guys test it and make sure it doesn't mess up performance or anything. Then I'll install it. Having too much fun to risk it, lol.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that was fast! Kind of wish they'd just waited to add this with NG+ though because I already got the platinum last Friday lmao. Still though I'll check it out tonight for sure!

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed this wasn't out a week ago when I started playing it. But it's cool they added it.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
TEXT FONT SIZE OPTIONS !!

Hallelujah ! More companies should have these available day 1.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It's always better to wait a month with these big AAA games lol.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Already platinumed and while I want to play more I wonder if I want to save a replay for PS5 or go in right now, they could make more patches if I wait...

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
harder difficulty welcomed, even with tougher enemy types at later acts, its still a breeze to play at hard.
jin becomes pretty unstoppable relatively early in the game.

hope this adds a decent challenge without being too punishing.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Higher difficulty? Nice. I am on normal it's pretty easy but I think I am over leveled.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Love these, really hoping they add an option to turn Birds off though, ruins some of the exploration vibe.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
They probably should've added this with NG+ lol

But I'll turn on the harder difficulty when I continue cleaning everything up

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
How about an option to skip a line of dialogue every time you press X? having to listen to an npc slowly talking is annoying.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
With the Lower Intensity Combat mode added I imagine alot of people found it difficulty. Always good to have various options like this.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Turning off the speaker name is a game changer for me. It was like:

Samurai: You will regret that you filthy
Samurai: ronin.
Samurai: You will wish you had never
Samurai: been born.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Nice, faster than I expected. Although yeah the parry window isn't really the issue. The ghost weapons/AI are. The former can be fixed in a higher difficulty, the latter not so much.

No way to disable the stance tooltips, being able to select your outfit separate from your outfit perk and disabling helmet in cutscenes though? Hopefully next patch.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Platinumed it already but those changes are tempting me to start up a new playthrough with the Japanese dub since it size of the subtitles really deterred me (fine during cutscenes but took too much effort to read during gameplay).

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Relatively quick turnaround for the text size options, that's nice to see.

Would be nicer if games shipped with those, but I guess we can't have everything.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Hope they fix the voice sync for Japanese audio soon. I wouldn't mind switching even halfway through.