• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
maxresdefault.jpg

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Every game that uses a sword now gets its traditional "sekiro" comparison and how it should play like sekiro
Omg souls fans

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait but I have to wait until PlayStation 5 launch.

I have already decided that I will play this game on PS5.

Projects like this are not available every year.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks awesome. Super atmospheric.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
It's great how it still looks so atmospheric in a different setting. The art is so good I hope it is the cover. His armour looks stacked with weapons. I'm wondering if they're going to have dual wielding sword gameplay given the two swords would be cool like the scene in 13 Assassins.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have no hope for this game at this moment but i hope i am pleasantly surprised at release

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Graphically looks far worse than the best looking games this gen, guess I'll see in a few days. At least they didn't fudge the volumetric lighting.

Have you guys been playing on the PS5/Scarlett in secret? Not even worse, no, far worse? It's like I am peeking into another dimension or some s****! Which games are you referring to, honestly? This looks easily on par with the likes of Horizon/Spiderman, from what I have seen, and Infamous SS is still a looker to this day...I really do not understand!

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Have you guys been playing on the PS5/Scarlett in secret? Not even worse, no, far worse? It's like I am peeking into another dimension or some s****! Which games are you referring to, honestly? This looks easily on par with the likes of Horizon/Spiderman, from what I have seen, and Infamous SS is still a looker to this day...I really do not understand!
And all that can be surmised from a 10 sec cut scene no less.

superseohyun

Mar 23, 2019
Maybe we should like... Wait and see?

Sucker Punch has yet to make a game that plays badly. It's the story I'm concerned about.
I think sucker punch will do good but I am also thinking that every game which focus on sword fighting between human opponents really should take notes from the best system to date that From designed. There is no shame in learning from others. Especially since it is really difficult to design a good combat system, even for AAA studios with huge budget.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So will this be a Samurai or a Ninja game or both? A Samurai becoming a Ninja? Or can we go fully one way (fight) or the other (stealth) or something in between? I hope we get some decent information at the Game Awards.
I think sucker punch will do good but I am also thinking that every game which focus on sword fighting between human opponents really should take notes from the best system to date that From designed. There is no shame in learning from others. Especially since it is really difficult to design a good combat system, even for AAA studios with huge budget.
Best system is highly subjective. There is room for different kinds of approaches.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
So will this be a Samurai or a Ninja game or both? A Samurai becoming a Ninja? Or can we go fully one way (fight) or the other (stealth) or something in between? I hope we get some decent information at the Game Awards.
Best system is highly subjective. There is room for different kinds of approaches.
Been curious about this myself. I hope there's a ton of options for stealth.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I am searching like crazy but I can't find the artwork in high resolution. The highest is about 1300x1300.

This is the best that I have right now. Too blurry but the artwork is so beautiful that even like this I am using it as a wallpaper on my PC.

ghostoftsushima1fk3j.png
damn that's good

id kill for it without the logo

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
From didn't design Nioh though.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Add Nioh to that list, we had someone say that GoT should not exist because of it lol its getting ridiculous...

Saw someone say something along the lines of, "didn't sekiro kill this game off already?" fucking obnoxious

Hell if anything this game's combat reminds me of Bushido Blade if anything. I would be more than happy with that

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Every game that uses a sword now gets its traditional "sekiro" comparison and how it should play like sekiro
Omg souls fans

Seriously. As a huge fan of Soulsborne games, god damn, not every game needs to play like a Soulsborne! That shit is so tiring to hear every single time a new action/adventure game is released with a focus on melee weapons. Yes, the Soulsborne style of combat is very, very good, but there are so many other combat systems that can be developed, iterated on, and perfected. and "Soulslike combat" is not the only worthwhile avenue to pursue when developing a combat engine. There's this unspoken elitist snobbery that wafts off of Souls fanatics when discussing the games. Usually coming from a place of superiority because they "got gud" at those games, and feels it ups their "real gamer cred." It's obnoxious as fuck.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm always up for more games in the Soulsborne genre, but I really don't need every game to play like they do, or try to play like they do.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just gonna blame this flu I caught from my coworkers, so I'm in a mood today. XD XD

As far as Ghost of Tsushima goes? Sucker Punch is one of my favorite developers, and I've yet to play a game from them I didn't enjoy. They make fun games, with excellent controls. I have no doubt Ghost will be a joy to play. I'm stoked for it, whether it be PS4, PS5, whatever. I'm so looking forward to seeing more.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
No matter what style of combat Tsushima will have, I'm just glad it will be more mainstream friendly than Sekiro/Nioh masocore combat. I actually enjoy both those games, but hit a wall and never beat them.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Seriously. As a huge fan of Soulsborne games, god damn, not every game needs to play like a Soulsborne! That shit is so tiring to hear every single time a new action/adventure game is released with a focus on melee weapons. Yes, the Soulsborne style of combat is very, very good, but there are so many other combat systems that can be developed, iterated on, and perfected. and "Soulslike combat" is not the only worthwhile avenue to pursue when developing a combat engine. There's this unspoken elitist snobbery that wafts off of Souls fanatics when discussing the games. Usually coming from a place of superiority because they "got gud" at those games, and feels it ups their "real gamer cred." It's obnoxious as fuck.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm always up for more games in the Soulsborne genre, but I really don't need every game to play like they do, or try to play like they do.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just gonna blame this flu I caught from my coworkers, so I'm in a mood today. XD XD

As far as Ghost of Tsushima goes? Sucker Punch is one of my favorite developers, and I've yet to play a game from them I didn't enjoy. They make fun games, with excellent controls. I have no doubt Ghost will be a joy to play. I'm stoked for it, whether it be PS4, PS5, whatever. I'm so looking forward to seeing more.
I said it before but For Honor kinda ruined me on Souls combat. I love them but that's the new bar for me.

As stated above, adding Bushido Blade elements would be amazing. Disabling limbs and one hit timed counters Would bring a very satisfying realism to it.

I'm sure whatever system they go with will be fun to play and be stylish as all get out. They do indeed make great games as you said. Can't wait!