• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict the score.

Votes: 45 1.3%
  • 95-99

Votes: 54 1.6%
  • 90-94

Votes: 507 14.6%
  • 85-89

Votes: 1,801 51.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 933 26.8%
  • 75-79

Votes: 105 3.0%
  • <74

Votes: 30 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
The game are between AC Odyssey and NioH in terms of complexity.

There are two levels of parry, the normal ones (leave enemies in a bad position) and the perfect ones (slow motion with massive damage/instant kill) and the same is valid for evasions, you can roll for repositioning purpose, dodge for a conter attack and a perfect dodge for a massive damage/kill.

Great to see you're rewarded for your timing being perfect for all aspects of combat. I had asked this earlier but were the duels good?

Feb 23, 2019
I'm sorry you're upset a game you haven't played didn't get the score you think it deserves lol

Edit - Also, if you want to play the victim and mention other reviews of games they didn't like to discredit this reviewer, why not link his other recent review?

Who said anything about getting a review it deserves? I am not saying what GOT deserves or what it doesn't.

All I'm saying is that I'm less likely to take a review outlet's opinion seriously if they rated TLG, FF7R, and DS with a 2.5/5.

That's all. Again, feel free to disagree. Nobody is playing the victim.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
This.animation.dough

xKtqb8Z.gif

Hnngh!

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone posts a game review , gives a low score
People go: Now I haven't played the game but that review can't be right and it's wrong

You have to love review thread

ZDKilljoy

Managing Editor at BunnyGaming
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
Well it's almost here guys and gals. Just a couple more hours. Can't wait to hear what others think of the game as well.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Tbh Horizon didn't get a 90 and this seems a bit more generic and janky from what we've seen so far. Really want a 90 for SuckerPunch, but realistically I don't think it'll happen.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Tbh Horizon didn't get a 90 and this seems a bit more generic and janky from what we've seen so far. Really want a 90 for SuckerPunch, but realistically I don't think it'll happen.
I found Horizon to be kind of generic, myself, so I can't really grasp the comparison (don't flay me too badly for that, I've been meaning to give it another try).

That being said, I do agree that this probably won't crack 90. ~85 sounds about right for its scope and style, and 90's a tough bar to hit.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the hints people have tweeted out have been positive right? I remember before TLOU2, a lot of reviewers essentially hinted at their feelings one way or another.

Oct 27, 2017

Test de Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) - page 1- GamAlive

Le studio américain Sucker Punch Productions a délaissé sa série Infamous pour se lancer dans une production encore plus ambitieuse : Ghost of Tsushima. Plutôt fan, malgré leurs imperfections, des jeux Infamous, j’attendais avec impatience... page 1

Never heard of that website, but they gave the game a 5/10. For them, it's a "Poor man's Assassin's Creed" 😬
Noone ever heard of that website.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am totally unsurprised by this. The game is just so darn... dreamy

In a way, it makes me wonder whether it is a western developer that ends up purveying players with one of the prettiest rendition of Japan.

The variety and colour are dazzling and yeah it's likely going to be a western developer that makes the best looking Japan ever.

Though Yakuza does a good job rendering small segments too.

Sep 21, 2019
I'm changing my prediction to 75 to 79. This won't review that well. It's Nate Fox. His games are gorgeous but NOT FUN. And combat has never been the studio's strong suit. And the State of Play footage was always underwhelming. I wish it weren't true. But I just don't see this pulling a high 80 or even mid 80.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Spiderman got an 87 I don't see this one matching that. My guess would be low 80's
There was plenty wrong with Spider-man that warranted that score, despite its very positive reception.

I think it's likely that Ghost also has issues that keep it south of 90, but they, but that doesn't mean 87 is some rarefied spot that is unattainable just because Spidey got there.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just really curious how long it is about, and how much there is to do on the side. Verity and quality of side content.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw a commercial for this. It's better than Last of Us. LoU assumed you knew the characters and was just a bunch of cuts of their faces. This game's advertising really shows off the environment diversity and setting.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
That machine-translated "Assassin's Creed of the poor" line in that one review is hilarious.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Doesn't matter, there is a base time everyone releases their reviews, regardless of what time zone they're in.

I'm not too familiar with how review embargo works, or the specifics.

I guess time zone differences can be used as a reason for some people to break the universal global time embargo agreement, if there is one.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm changing my prediction to 75 to 79. This won't review that well. It's Nate Fox. His games are gorgeous but NOT FUN. And combat has never been the studio's strong suit. And the State of Play footage was always underwhelming. I wish it weren't true. But I just don't see this pulling a high 80 or even mid 80.

Lol, what's your deal with Nate Fox?

You complain about him in every GoT thread.

And double lol with this overdramatic "oh I wish this game wasn't going to be a mid 70's game"

IOTS

Dec 13, 2019
Someone posts a game review , gives a low score
People go: Now I haven't played the game but that review can't be right and it's wrong

You have to love review thread
As opposed to:
Someone posts a game review, gives a low score
People go: I was looking forward to the game for 2 years but now that it got a single 5 score the game is confirmed bad and I will cancel my preorder!

How exactly do you want people to react to the review?

Reviews are simply used to confirm or to deny already formed expections of a game for most people. Its only natural for people to not buy into a single review. If we had dozens of reviews saying the game is bad then you would see people less critical of lower scores. And a 5 for a AAA game is very low so Im not suprised that people are sceptical.

Oct 27, 2017
Would you have said the same thing if they gave it a 10?
Yes lol.

Havent played it so i cant say anything regarding the bugs he mentions but come on, they criticise button placement like the fact that sprint is L3 for example... thats been a standard for most games for a while now. I really dont get whats wrong with that. They criticise the environments as boring and ugly (he says those flowers fields are ugly)...

That is objectively not true lol.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
If you get good in the game the majority of the gameplay will look like that. To some this clip may look easy and automatic but I guarantee that is pure skill. The combat is so amazing that I already got the platinum, something that I rarely do.

Can you say if the Platinum is difficult? Or what kind of trophies there are? Thanks!

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
My prediction is it will land somewhere between 85-89 once all reviews are out.

I would like for it to get 90+ since it's not often a samurai game is made.