• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict the score.

Votes: 45 1.3%
  • 95-99

Votes: 54 1.6%
  • 90-94

Votes: 507 14.6%
  • 85-89

Votes: 1,801 51.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 933 26.8%
  • 75-79

Votes: 105 3.0%
  • <74

Votes: 30 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
80-84

people will lose their shit for whoever is "brave" enough to rate it low

so like every review thread

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Locking in at 83. Game will be good, but not great. I hope the impressions are good, so I can have one last ride on my ps4 until its retired.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll probably review around the same as Days Gone but actually be better than the metaccritic suggests... like Days Gone.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I say 85-89. Don't think it's cracking the 90's - that is a barrier that is hard to breach. Be surprised if it's lower than 80 though. Could happen you never know. 8 out of 10 is a good score if you use the whole scale. We wait in the swaying grass like a ghost ready to strike to see the reviews roll in like mist over the Mongol camp.

Oct 25, 2017
You don't like input lag, characters that move like they're drunk all the time, poor gunplay, and missions that constantly devolve into gunfights? lol

Also missions that insta-fail you if you even deviate from the intended way to play for an instant?

I always hated when people try to say "liberating bases" are lazy game content because that to me is what a sandbox game should be. You are given a variety of tools to solve the problem.

Hell even linear games are implementing this idea of enabling player choice into their fights like Last of Us 2 having huge levels with multiple ways to approach them. So it baffles me when it feels like R* gets rewarded for sticking with mission design from the PS2 era.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think the biggest factors defining reviews are

1) Does this game do something really unique or move the genre forward? (this is rare)
2) Is it polished
3) The presentation

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
I haven't heard too many folks talk about the story, but I really hope that delivers. The most unexpected thing Horizon brought to me was pretty great writing & performances.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Oh here we go, now it's "wE hAtE rDR2" thread again. Some of y'all should really find something newer to hate on than a game released two years ago, jfc.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
Yep, cos RDR2 was apparently a dud but reviewed well "because rockstar" and not because its the best open world ever made.
Except I would not agree that it is the best open world game ever made, the story was extremely captivating but good lord that world bored the fuck outta me. You can have a pretty world, which its one of the prettiest ever made, but god did I feel like that world was just overrated personally. It did things well and I am not discrediting it, but I do think it tried too hard.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Except I would not agree that it is the best open world game ever made, the story was extremely captivating but good lord that world bored the fuck outta me. You can have a pretty world, which its one of the prettiest ever made, but god did I feel like that world was just overrated personally. It did things well and I am not discrediting it, but I do think it tried too hard.
but it was so fun to interact with the world in red dead 2

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I would genuinely like to hear what you would consider to be a better open world? In terms of scale and variety for me it is the most realistic and captivating by a long way.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes this forum reminds me of twitch chat. They dont play games just watch them and they literally hate everything.

Nov 11, 2017
I am guessing 80-84.

After seeing gameplay it's a pass for me unless it gets great reviews. I personally would have preferred something a bit more realistic and less action and magical/effects visuals. I want to stealth kill with a bow and retrieve my arrow. I want to have a one strike fight. I know this stuff doesn't really sell.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Oh here we go, now it's "wE hAtE rDR2" thread again. Some of y'all should really find something newer to hate on than a game released two years ago, jfc.
It's pretty crazy, I met someone in real life that just would NOT stop hating on it, like we were hanging out and drinking at a bar. Non-stop just pushing on me how my opinion is bad because I enjoyed it... the hate for that game can be vitriolic.

Too bad it's one of the best games ever created. Woopsies. ;)

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

I'd say its open world structure is incredible from the sense of exploration, the variety of side quests/stranger missions, the random activities that feel organic, the robberies, the unique hunts, the hunting in the game with a large array of animals, and the mysteries all make it feel like the best open world I've ever experienced imo. I understand how the controls can turn people off from and its slow paced, but as an outlaw sim, its damn near perfect.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
I am guessing 80-84.

After seeing gameplay it's a pass for me unless it gets great reviews. I personally would have preferred something a bit more realistic and less action and magical/effects visuals. I want to stealth kill with a bow and retrieve my arrow. I want to have a one strike fight. I know this stuff doesn't really sell.

There are one strike fights in this.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It's pretty crazy, I met someone in real life that just would NOT stop hating on it, like we were hanging out and drinking at a bar. Non-stop just pushing on me how my opinion is bad because I enjoyed it... the hate for that game can be vitriolic.

I don't even think about RDR2 much anymore two years after release, and I'm like, the biggest fan ever. That game is really living rent free in some people's heads, and not in a good way.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Lol

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even think about RDR2 much anymore two years after release, and I'm like, the biggest fan ever. That game is really living rent free in some people's heads, and not in a good way.

I guess this was about me, so I'll just say I don't hate RDR2. I do like it.

I think it's narrative is incredible, but there are just these things I don't understand how they got a pass with when it feels like other games would be condemned for having them.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
That launch trailer is lit. People are gonna change their tune when they see someone who strings together some moves with the grapple hook.