• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
So here is the thing... This game is very janky but I can't stop playing. I feel like this may be very special on the ps5.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for a patch where I can manually remove the bow cause I really don't like it being this huge thing on the back of my outfits lol.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
How do you unlock the mythic tales? The icon isn't lit up but it says there's a musician in the hyoshi hot springs but can't find him at all.

Also, does hard mode narrow parry windows? Feels like I need to be really on point to get a perfect one.

I unlocked the vanity wind, but how does it work? It shows up on the map but doesn't lead anywhere. Shouldn't it just lead to undiscovered locations? And if so, isn't it pointless?

Select it from the map wind guide thing then it SHOULD point you to a vanity item unlock.

Mine seems to just lead back to the Golden Temple.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pet peeve - when a game has a brightness calibration screen at the very beginning, but it isn't available at any other time...

May 7, 2020
I clipped it lol, hopefully this helps.

tenor.gif

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Gah, I need to stop messing around with HDR and play the game lol
Every few minutes I'm trying a new setting but nothing looks right.
I have this at some point with each game and hate it lol. I'll hit one spot after like 15hrs of having it one way, where the black looks off and I go tweak it and can never get it to where I'm happy for ages.

Oct 27, 2017
Great opening title, good intro presentation, I get the ryse comparisons but one of the ac games started off similarly too. You could also compare the opening couple of minutes with a playable sequence in another 2020 release.

The three impressions I had that bothered me right from the start:

- the camera brought a few foes out of frame while I was trying to attack them
- when you walk on a floor with slight elevation changes, the camera firmly tracks with the elevation changes, which leads to the appearance of vertical judder in movement
- zero interactivity when walking in water that first time

The same out-of-camera thing was happening in the combat tutorial, until I got the hang of using the camera stick. Basically the combat feels a bit like controls in a twin-stick shooter, you have to expressly move and aim yourself to face the opponent. I get that a lock-on might make this less of an effort, but I'm also curious to see where this leads.

Checking out the water in a more brightly-lit later scene, there is a reactive effect but it is not easy to notice. Still, the overall presentation is pretty great so far (base PS4) and I'm looking forward to progressing beyond the tutorialized sections.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
I am in love with this game but 2 things are kinda killing the vibe for me atm.
1) The combat camera (especially given how trapped/outnumbered you can be) just makes you a dead idiot instead of a badass lone samurai.
2) Sometimes I stroll into a Mongol camp/territory and like, I get killed right away (see #1) and when I respawn everyone is gone. Empty camp.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone else finding it hard to go stealth at times? I feel like once I take out an enemy or two, everyone knows where I am. lol

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Yo anyone playing on Easy difficulty? Are behaviors of enemies altered in attack pattern or just less damage to kill? Still waiting on Amazon to ship :/

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
So I just got past the mission where I got my bow
Can someone tell me is it worth upgrading this bow now or do you get better ones in the world ?

if so what's the best one I wanna upgrade that thing first cause I love me some bow gameplay lol

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I like the combat, world feels amazing and the story is quite nice even though it's Typical Samurai Hero.

I wonder if I will stick with it or drop it after 20 hours, lol.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Can´t understand the "insta fail stealth" review criticism, yes its dated, yes it fails if you are seen but thats the fucking point, these are short stealth sequences where you figure out the route to your destination. it is just oldschool mission design, RDR2 had a ton of this...

and a whole lot of other Far Cry staples like bears in cages,hornet hives to shoot and chain takedowns. and somehow it is ok because its fun.

I didn't get it in Spider-man either. Yes they are there but they are EZ as hell and its about .00001% of the game.

ZDKilljoy

Managing Editor at BunnyGaming
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
How do you unlock the mythic tales? The icon isn't lit up but it says there's a musician in the hyoshi hot springs but can't find him at all.

Also, does hard mode narrow parry windows? Feels like I need to be really on point to get a perfect one.

I unlocked the vanity wind, but how does it work? It shows up on the map but doesn't lead anywhere. Shouldn't it just lead to undiscovered locations? And if so, isn't it pointless?

Yeah that baffled me for a bit but to unlock the mythic tales you have to find the NPC first that talks about it. Then the tale unlocks and you can start it by following the marker on the map. Just keep finding those survivor camps or rescue people and talk to NPCs with dialogue.

xillyriax

Game Test Analyst
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California, USA
So I just got past the mission where I got my bow
Can someone tell me is it worth upgrading this bow now or do you get better ones in the world ?

if so what's the best one I wanna upgrade that thing first cause I love me some bow gameplay lol
There is a mythic tale later in the game where it gives you a longbow as the reward. It's a separate weapon, so feel free up upgrade your current one

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
So I absorbed 4 hours in a row just now, did a few main story bits and a bunch of side stories while exploring the island and taking on a few camps. Love the experience so far, story isn't anything groundbreaking but it gels well with the setting and performances are good.

Upgraded Standoffs are awesome to pull off, lets you lay waste to some of the more powerful soldiers in a single strike!

Totally a badass game.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Any character:"Jin...Jin this is serious we have a quest what the FUCK are you doing?!"

Jin:*flute playing intensifies*

"JIN!"

Why would they give me this option? 😂

master15

Nov 28, 2017
Dang, this is sold out in Vancouver. Will have to wait until I can start this as I want physical copy.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
The combat is very much like The Witcher 3's to me, but better. Smoother, less janky and more feedback on hits.

Not to shit on TW3 as its combat was fun on higher difficulties.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Every game after this needs to have the mechanic of cleaning blood off your kitana before sheathing.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any penalty or anything systemic that happens in the game if you assassinate vs fight head on?

And how does the call out system work? Am I supposed to thin some out before doing a call out? Sometimes I'll do a fallout and like 20 guys will jump me. Am I expected to fight all 20 at once?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Any character:"Jin...Jin this is serious we have a quest what the FUCK are you doing?!"

Jin:*flute playing intensifies*

"JIN!"

Why would they give me this option? 😂

Yeah, same. It's especially silly when someone just finished telling you something incredibly tragic and you're like "let me play you the song of my people". I love it.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
God damn this is sold out everywhere. Guess I'll just order it off Amazon and wait to play it whenever.

Nevermind. $120 there. Garbage

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got the water stance, game is a lot of fun and continues to expand making it more interesting. Work is finally over. Gonna get loaded and get some real playtime in.

Happy weekend everybody.